Speculation: 2024 Off-season Team Discussion

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
I don't think you realize how good Marner is. Its possible you are correct but Marner would instantly be Utah's best Player by a big margin.
Being better or not is not the only thing that makes up a players value. Keller is signed to a very reasonable deal as is Crouse. Marner is a one year deal and even if extended, that extension will be expensive and would just be for the position where the team is actually strongest at (W).

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Being better or not is not the only thing that makes up a players value. Keller is signed to a very reasonable deal as is Crouse. Marner is a one year deal and even if extended, that extension will be expensive and would just be for the position where the team is actually strongest at (W).
No argument but in fairness I haven't written anything different

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
It’s funny that Leafs homers suddenly need everyone to understand that this player they are desperate to get rid of is actually elite and one of the best players in the NHL.

Anyone have any predictions for what the lineup looks like next season?
Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Crouse-Cooley-Guenther
Maccelli-Bjugstsd-Doan
Kerfoot-McBain-UFA

Trade/UFA-UFA/Trade
Moser-Durzi
Valimaki-Kesselring
Kolyachonok

Ingram
Vejmelka

kickback256

May 1, 2024
Utah
It’s funny that Leafs homers suddenly need everyone to understand that this player they are desperate to get rid of is actually elite and one of the best players in the NHL.
“Bro, just trust me! Marner’s the real deal! Believe me, he’s worth a star player AND your draft picks AND some extra! We just need him gone as fast as possible.” Nonstop for weeks and completely serious, too.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Crouse-Cooley-Guenther
Maccelli-Bjugstsd-Doan
Kerfoot-McBain-UFA

Trade/UFA-UFA/Trade
Moser-Durzi
Valimaki-Kesselring
Kolyachonok

Ingram
Vejmelka
I think for most fans they know Marner is elite but they also know this group has proven they don't work. With Matthews and Nylander recently signed long term and Tavares going nowhere the odd man out is Marner if you want change. That doesn't mean Marner isn't a great player, it just means you need to try something different and don't exactly have a lot of options to do it. Now if I was a GM and Marner asked for a raise i would simply laugh and point out many comparable making a lot less. But i also would have done that for Nylander.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
“Bro, just trust me! Marner’s the real deal! Believe me, he’s worth a star player AND your draft picks AND some extra! We just need him gone as fast as possible.” Nonstop for weeks and completely serious, too.
As a collective, they have not even the slightest modicum of self awareness. Some of the most loyal Leaf fans don’t even seem to recognize that they are Leaf fans, despite obviously loving the team more than life itself. It’s like it’s cultural. Or in the DNA.

Reactions: kickback256

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You were thinking Keller+Crouse for Marner, I am thinking considering contracts, Marner does not have that kind of value, even if you see him as the best player in that trade
I said it would involve Keller, Crouse, and picks in some capacity. Maybe i didn't communicate it well but I meant it would involve some of Keller, Crouse, and picks, not all 3 exactly. As in it could be both players and no picks, or Keller and a low pick, or Crouse and a higher pick. Or as suspected it could be all smoke as Dreger says Leafs abd Marner are looking at extension which would seem more like Leafs MO.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Decent deal for both sides. LOB gets a little financial security and Utah gets a guy who backs up teammates without breaking the bank.
He really needs to work on how many penalties he takes. Too much of a liability right now then a benefit.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't think Rob Reinhart is a real person.

1. The photo looks fake and a reverse check links it to several other Twitter accounts.
2. There is no record of his past work with SI or Bleacher.
3. As far as I can tell, the "New York Herald" is not a thing.

This appears to be a sophisticated troll account.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Decent deal for both sides. LOB gets a little financial security and Utah gets a guy who backs up teammates without breaking the bank.
He'll be a fan favourite right away. 3 X 1m is nothing. You need someone who'll stick up for teammates. Penalties can be a concern, but overall, he's a useful fourth liner.

Reactions: sundance74

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think one of the bigger positives with LOB is you can stick him in the press box no problem and not have to be concerned about him "rotting away". Anyone else in that position would benefit from playing in the minors instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad