• Mets in 4

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Mets in 5

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Congrats to the Mets fans here. The Phillies were an average team for the past 4 months. Lineup is too undisciplined and their bullpen was scared of the moment this season unlike the last 2.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
This Mets team never makes it easy on themselves. But as I said before this series started, the Mets have been playing playoff level games for weeks. So they were ready for any situation. Tonight’s game is a perfect example. Frustrated all night because they couldn’t get that one clutch hit with RISP. But as he has done all season Lindor came thru.
Hopefully the Dodgers and Padres can go the distance

Reactions: LightningStorm

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm waiting for the part where the big market fans start whining about how the playoff system is unfair and rigged against high seeded teams.

Dodgers fans will definitely be banging that drum if they lose tonight and expect the drum to get banged at even higher speeds if the Yankees lose to the Royals. Philly fans seem to be more content with rightfully blaming the team though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm waiting for the part where the big market fans start whining about how the playoff system is unfair and rigged against high seeded teams.

Dodgers fans will definitely be banging that drum if they lose tonight and expect the drum to get banged at even higher speeds if the Yankees lose to the Royals. Philly fans seem to be more content with rightfully blaming the team though.
I hate the playoff system, but I’ve been consistent about that. The things that burned the Phillies are things everyone saw coming.

And I don’t think they will be prepared for the reaction they will get next year.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

The Phillies sucked thought the Mets still are a probably bigger market than the Phillies. Maybe only 1% of Phillies fans will blame the system. This is exactly happened last year to Arizona, too many free swingers and they changed nothing. Going to be an interesting offseason. Anyone who followed this team could see this potentially coming. They definitely have the starting pitching next year and with some savy moves and luck (every team needs it) can win the World Series in 2025.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Go Mets! The game ended right as I parked when I got home from work since I'm on the West Coast, but happy to be moving on! Credit to the pitching tonight not allowing an earned run amidst the offense squandering all their opportunities until Grand Slamcisco Lindor came through. Huge that we get an extra 2 days off too since we have to travel to SoCal for the opening of the NLCS.

Hoping to add more Mets lore in this postseason!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad