GDT: 2024 NLCS: (1) Los Angeles Dodgers vs (6) New York Mets

Who will win?

• Total voters

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Sounds sexy on paper but I honestly see the WS as a Dodger blowout
They better win one of the two Cole starts. I still say its a tossup, overall its way more important for the Yankees to win this than LA. LA will be back, the Yanks won't get an easier road than this anytime soon

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Shitty ending, but a huge tip of the cap to the Mets. Absolutely no one expected they would still be playing deep into October after how awful April and May were. Hell of a run. The future is bright. They'll be back.
My thoughts exactly. Could not have fathomed the Mets being here when we were 24-35 in June. Not only making the playoffs, but even beating the rival Phillies. Sad to see it end tonight, but really glad this enjoyable ride got to happen.

We are also shedding $173 million in payroll going into the offseason, including all the retained money owed to Verlander and Scherzer. I hope this, plus making the NLCS this season, is reason enough to really fill out our roster in the offseason.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Going into Game 6, I had an uncomfortable thought that the Dodgers would get to Manaea. While I was initially happy the Mets got to Kopech for a 1-0 lead on an Alonso infield single in the top of first, Manaea giving up a 2 run double to Edman made my fears a reality.

The Mets not being able to cash in any runs with bases loaded in the top of 3rd and 6th, right after which the Dodgers scored, on top of too many walks, ended the Mets season. But I am very proud of the team, as no one expected them to end up in Final Four.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad