GDT: 2024 NHL Sharks Lottery Draft (update: We won! Sharks will pick 1st for the first time ever!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
$200+ draft tickets? Dolan (MSG guy who owns/runs the Sphere; AKA NHL governor) refused to give NHL a break on using the Sphere. So the NHL will have to charge folks to attend to help cover the costs.

Will be first event LIVE broadcast from the Sphere.

(It was $400 for the U2 concert - maybe 3 hours. This will be 3+ hours Friday night and 5+ hours on Saturday)

Reactions: Sandisfan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Since it's a numeric code and not literal balls with logos on it they can't just take the Sharks out of the hopper once we got 1st. Instead they just had to keep going until some other team got the #2 spot.

Thank you for the last part of your post. That was going to be my next question.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Thank you for the last part of your post. That was going to be my next question.

Yeah, the process is that there are balls numbered 1 to 14 in the hopper and they draw, I think, 4 of them (no repeats).

With 14 numbers there are 1,001 4-digit combinations possible where order doesn't matter (ie 1-2-3-4 is the same as 4-3-2-1 or 1-3-2-4 or 1-4-3-2 or whatever) and that allows them to assign teams a certain number of combinations so that they can generate the odds they want. Like if the Sharks had an 18.5% chance of winning the lottery they would have 185 combinations.

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
And I have to add that this was soooo big for so many reasons other than just getting the player, it's the freakin hype, the tv/media attention Sharks will get. All the hype will benefit this organization in so many ways, Sharks will be growing again. This will change the course. Now it's in the hands of the GM and the players to take it to the next level. I love that we don't have to stress the 1st round pick for the first time ever.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I have to imagine this is the icing on the cake for Will Smith to sign this summer and not return to college for a sophomore year.

And I have to add that this was soooo big for so many reasons other than just getting the player, it's the freakin hype, the tv/media attention Sharks will get. All the hype will benefit this organization in so many ways, Sharks will be growing again. This will change the course. Now it's in the hands of the GM and the players to take it to the next level. I love that we don't have to stress the 1st round pick for the first time ever.

Don't have to stress over 1OA. 14OA is still out there though lol.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Now that this is truly possible, I will post my desired forward group for next season.

Eklund-Granlund-Zetterlund
Musty-Celebrini-Gushchin/Smith
Gushchin-Smith/Bystedt-Graf
Kostin-Sturm-Kunin

• Wow

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
static-assets-upload11265759801732727572.gif

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Guys, can we buy Celebrini Sharks jersey anywhere right now? It's pretty much a lock he's a Sharks.

You can make one (where you buy the jersey, put in custom name and number), but you still take a risk on number, even if his number is all but locked.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Maybe Smith wants another chance at winning national championship

Nah, the only people who want Smith back at BC in 24-25 is BC. If you are Smith, you just led the NCAA in points as a freshman. You have nothing to prove. No need to risk injury in the NCAA, might as start making that NHL money now.

And arguably, the only thing you have left to prove, is that you are better than the Hobey Baker winner, who happens to be upcoming San Jose Shark Mackdaddy. Might as well play with him this fall in San Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad