Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Rookie Showcase | September 13th - 16th | Ford Ice Center Bellevue, TN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I like that Joel Bouchard doesn't appear to be taking this game lightly.

It's not Game 7, but if you're wearing the logo, why not put the effort in?

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
god i really hope Huuhtanen gets a real good look in camp to be on the 2nd line. dude oozes 2nd line power-forward with 30+ goal upside

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Geekie, Groshev, Edmonds, Dureau and Hay looked solid out there. While Geekie probably needs some time in Syracuse before being promoted, I'm sure he'll get a good look in camp. Huuhtanen maybe for next season if he does well in Syracuse this year. I'd guess Groshev, Goncalves, Ylonen, Geekie and maybe Edmonds will be in the mix for the last roster spot.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The first game is the sloppiest, and today didn't disappoint.

It's too early for most player assessments, but Conor Geekie has that extra level to him.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It's September 13th. The important thing is seeing how players progress through the 2nd and 3rd game of this tournament, and then into the main camp and preseason if they're lucky enough to get into a game or 2. Jaydon Dureau had some moments. Good for him. This is obviously a big year for him trying to earn a 2nd contract and stick in the AHL. Gill, who missed a lot of time last year, had some moments as well. Just good to see him healthy. He's got some offensive ability to him which balances nicely to some of the other more defensive minded dmen we have. As best as I can recall, Gauthier had the biggest hit for the Baby Bolts in the 1st period. Good game for Groshev and Geekie who imo are the most likely of all the young forwards to battle for a roster spot come training camp. Groshev did very well in this tournament last year and carried that over into the preseason with a goal against Juuse Saros, while going around Ryan O'Reilly. He can set himself up nicely here in Nashville to do the same again this year and potentially take someone's job, because how hard should it be really to unseat Sheary? I don't think they rush Duke or Huuhtanen. I was happy to see Lucas Edmonds made a very good impression today. We all know he has talent, but he's been through ups and downs the past 2 years in Syracuse. Hopefully getting on the board today, wearing the 'A', it's a little bit of a confidence boost. Let's see if he can get going.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
It's September 13th. The important thing is seeing how players progress through the 2nd and 3rd game of this tournament, and then into the main camp and preseason if they're lucky enough to get into a game or 2. Jaydon Dureau had some moments. Good for him. This is obviously a big year for him trying to earn a 2nd contract and stick in the AHL. Gill, who missed a lot of time last year, had some moments as well. Just good to see him healthy. He's got some offensive ability to him which balances nicely to some of the other more defensive minded dmen we have. As best as I can recall, Gauthier had the biggest hit for the Baby Bolts in the 1st period. Good game for Groshev and Geekie who imo are the most likely of all the young forwards to battle for a roster spot come training camp. Groshev did very well in this tournament last year and carried that over into the preseason with a goal against Juuse Saros, while going around Ryan O'Reilly. He can set himself up nicely here in Nashville to do the same again this year and potentially take someone's job, because how hard should it be really to unseat Sheary? I don't think they rush Duke or Huuhtanen. I was happy to see Lucas Edmonds made a very good impression today. We all know he has talent, but he's been through ups and downs the past 2 years in Syracuse. Hopefully getting on the board today, wearing the 'A', it's a little bit of a confidence boost. Let's see if he can get going.
I have really high hopes for Edmunds to get back to the 2nd half of his rookie year where he absolutely went on a heater.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I tried to predict who would wear the letters. I got it right, but I figured it'd be Edmonds because of a lack of options at forward.

It'd be a guy the coaches already knew, which pretty much leaves Edmonds, Groshev, and Allard. Allard was an invitee, so that was probably out. Groshev is relatively new to NA hockey, so language might be a barrier.

There's a good chance Edmonds did that math as well.

LordStanlersCup

Sep 6, 2024
I am pretty sure they broke the link to yesterday's game as they did to last years so I am going to be posting it here in case anybody missed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad