GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Guentzel - Point - Kuch
Hagel - Cirelli - Vatrano
Ace - Paul - Atkinson
Girgs - Glendenning - Chaffee

That would be a solid line up. Pretty much could cycle Hagel, Guentzel, and Vatrano through the the Kuch and Point line to see who clicks. The only issue is Vatrano shoots left, but still getting another 30 goal scorer would be great.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
i think we 100% see a rookie in the middle 6 this year

OMG PLEASE

BRUUUUUUH. Is the rumor legit?

My only concern about this would be the obvious overpay we'd have to do, because Vatrano comes off a career year.
But f*** it we ball baby let's get a good 2RW!!

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
BRUUUUUUH. Is the rumor legit?

My only concern about this would be the obvious overpay we'd have to do, because Vatrano comes off a career year.
But f*** it we ball baby let's get a good 2RW!!
the rumor is Perbix, 2025 LA 2nd. and our 2026 3rd for Vatrano at 25% retained. not major overpay considering what they wanted at the deadline last season

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Perbix, 2nd, 3rd is pretty cheap for Vatrano, especially if Anaheim is retaining.

It's not the move a team that got bounced in the 1st round makes though. Vatrano is a free agent after next year, will probably be outside of our price range.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
the rumor is Perbix, 2025 LA 2nd. and our 2026 3rd for Vatrano at 25% retained. not major overpay considering what they wanted at the deadline last season
The fact that the rumor is so specific, when no insider even hinted at a possible trade between Ana and Tbl, makes me think this is fabricated for clicks...

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
The fact that the rumor is so specific, when no insider even hinted at a possible trade between Ana and Tbl, makes me think this is fabricated for clicks...
Or all of the Canadian insiders are at their cottage for the summer, plus they don't care about the US teams (especially Sunbelt ones as we see here) that much

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah no way that's true. Not a single reputable insider has been saying any little hints of his. Hell, none have even said we're actively exploring a trade.

That tweet is way too specific with details. And now I'm sad af.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

It's 100% fabricated. He doesn't cite any source, but details fan reactions and analysts opinions as if this has been in the open for several days.

Click bait. Sorry to be a buzz kill

Reactions: The Gongshow

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
21 goals, 15 assists at ES, won't see as much PP time with us but should hit 25 goals. I actually like Vatrano with Kucherov and Point more than Guentzel because it gives the second line a legit shooter with Hagel.

This is a solid move if true, but probably a one year patch until Geekie or Howard can make it, or another FA/trade.

*if true*....

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
21 goals, 15 assists at ES, won't see as much PP time with us but should hit 25 goals. I actually like Vatrano with Kucherov and Point more than Guentzel because it gives the second line a legit shooter with Hagel.

This is a solid move if true, but probably a one year patch until Geekie or Howard can make it, or another FA/trade.

*if true*....
Why not both?

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
This guy has to have an HF account and now he's just giggling in a corner somewhere like ha I got those idiotic bastards

I think Howard is a little behind from everything I've read. Geekie sounds closer to being NHL ready than Howard.
Yep, Howard lost a year of true development by picking one of the absolute worst program fits for his skillset, since Sandelin loves his gritty, older, defensive veterans. Howard should have gone to North Dakota right off the bat. Glad he's fitting in pretty well at State

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Happy independence day from Sergachev, STamkos, and Jeannot. WE still have Sheary here somehow.

*if true*....
Make it happen JBB don't sign another past their prime undersized scoring forward like Sheary and following year signing Atkinson.

Last edited:

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Not that it wouldn't be good to fill that gapping hole on the 2nd line, but had to laugh at the overall size of the revamped roster, if Vatrano were to join it.

But it would be great from a skill perspective, but these guys would have to be dodging and ducking out there. Maybe they'd take Sheary back since he makes more than Vatrano (which how silly is that) and don't they need to take on some more cap to hit the floor?

Hedman a giant among men. Literally.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Not that it wouldn't be good to fill that gapping hole on the 2nd line, but had to laugh at the overall size of the revamped roster, if Vatrano were to join it.

But it would be great from a skill perspective, but these guys would have to be dodging and ducking out there. Maybe they'd take Sheary back since he makes more than Vatrano (which how silly is that) and don't they need to take on some more cap to hit the floor?

Hedman a giant among men. Literally.
Yeah. We've definitely gotten smaller too over the last two seasons.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
And the only man who can be tough,fight for a guys,or just fight just to sparkle the is for now is...Ace xD we need somebody who can drip gloves and play,someone like Maroon/Watson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad