GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I think once Girgensons shows how solid he is, we'll be fine.
Yeah. Motte was good but he's easily replaceable. I actually prefer Girgensons because he's bigger.

Girgensons - Glendening - Chaffee/Eyssimont

That has potential to be annoying for opposing teams. Ideally, I'd like Sheary sent out. A third of

Eyssimont/Chaffee - Paul - Atkinson

Is solid depth. We just need a 2RW.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Yeah. Motte was good but he's easily replaceable. I actually prefer Girgensons because he's bigger.

Girgensons - Glendening - Chaffee/Eyssimont

That has potential to be annoying for opposing teams. Ideally, I'd like Sheary sent out. A third of

Eyssimont/Chaffee - Paul - Atkinson

Is solid depth. We just need a 2RW.
Motte was also quite injury prone, so I can see why BriseBois would want to move on.

As long as Chaffee isn't on the 3rd line, I'm good with our bottom 6. Him being on the 3rd line made us look like Junior B team against the Panthers in the playoffs.

And yes we still need a 2RW

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Trade Perbix for a pick, Give Moser a 2 year deal at 2.5 with the 2nd year being higher salary wise so his QO is higher. sign Sprong for 1-2 years. this leaves us with exactly $0 after bonus overage but will accrue cap during the year. also gives us flexibility to bring Crozier in for Lilleberg and move Moser back to the left side. Could also move out Sheary and bring in another bottom 6 guy either by trade (Kaliyev) or FA (Zadina/Pearson)

snip (79).png

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Motte was also quite injury prone, so I can see why BriseBois would want to move on.

As long as Chaffee isn't on the 3rd line, I'm good with our bottom 6. Him being on the 3rd line made us look like Junior B team against the Panthers in the playoffs.

And yes we still need a 2RW
For salary purposes, he's there or it's Ace. Whichever works but unless Goncalves shows more, it's likely Chaffee in the mix.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
For salary purposes, he's there or it's Ace. Whichever works but unless Goncalves shows more, it's likely Chaffee in the mix.
Interested to see if Goncalves, Geekie, Duke, or anyone else from the forward prospect pool can really push this year. I get this regime doesn't like inserting younger Syracuse guys into the lineup if it isn't necessary, but it would be nice to have cost controlled, actually solid forwards contributing again. Chaffee is a 4th liner and can fill in on the 3rd line when we're playing the Ducks, Blue Jackets, Penguins, etc of poor teams but otherwise, he shouldn't be there.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Yall need to get over this. It's not gonna happen. This is more or less our squad.
I doubt it. I don't think we are rolling into the season with Brisebois wanting to get younger and remain competitive where 800k Atkinson, 30pt Sheary, or Paul are our 2nd line RW. I didn't see us moving on from Stamkos so I won't be surprised beyond belief again, but it's incredibly audacious to think with Howard, Geekie, a 2026 and 2027 1st round pick on the forecast, we don't try for a young 2RW.

If not, what a season we are in for with this top 6. Atkinson had 11g and 11a at ES last season. For those wanting to get better 5v5, yeah, good luck.

And no, I'm not putting down Atkinson or the signing, I just don't think we are done this summer and roll into the season with Sheary or Atkinson in our top 6.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
He was only useful at killing PK’s I don’t get why everyone’s so upset lol
He was vanilla as f***. Part of the reason why our bottom six was so ineffective and predictable. Him and Glendening are effective utility guys in the league but stacking them on a line together is basically a 45 second breather until someone with two ounces of creativity steps back onto the ice. They play mirror image games for the most part. Their games aren't built for much more, hence the 1 year sub 1 million deals he's getting. Might be good for 10 goals but so is Chaffee. You're essentially holding roster spots for PK guys and we have four capable already in Glendening, Cirelli, Paul, and Hagel.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I didn't see us moving on from Stamkos so I won't be surprised beyond belief again, but it's incredibly audacious to think with Howard, Geekie, a 2026 and 2027 1st round pick on the forecast, we don't try for a young 2RW.

If not, what a season we are in for with this top 6. Atkinson had 11g and 11a at ES last season. For those wanting to get better 5v5, yeah, good luck.

And no, I'm not putting down Atkinson or the signing, I just don't think we are done this summer and roll into the season with Sheary or Atkinson in our top 6.
Pretty sure we're at the point of building up our future assets and no longer trading them.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
He was vanilla as f***. Part of the reason why our bottom six was so ineffective and predictable. Him and Glendening are effective utility guys in the league but stacking them on a line together is basically a 45 second breather until someone with two ounces of creativity steps back onto the ice. They play mirror image games for the most part. Their games aren't built for much more, hence the 1 year sub 1 million deals he's getting. Might be good for 10 goals but so is Chaffee. You're essentially holding roster spots for PK guys and we have four capable already in Glendening, Cirelli, Paul, and Hagel.

Also have Mac back who was an absolute warrior on the PK and blocking so yeah no reason to keep someone when they are that redundant.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Not sure where to comment it, but it seems that as a result of recent Cup winners, the league is shifting back in the direction again of "only high drafted prospects matter to us, f*** development, we'll trade & sign our way out of problems". Guys like Cody Glass, Phil Tomasino, Arthur Kaliyev getting kicked to the curb because they can't develop quickly enough.

I feel things will shift back again and some team will hit it big with their drafted prospects or take advantage of others devaluing their own prospect pool. Just interesting because Colorado only drafted well in the top 10, Vegas obviously didn't build through the Entry Draft, and Florida is notoriously bad at drafting and developing.

Reactions: Flat Ronnie

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
I doubt it. I don't think we are rolling into the season with Brisebois wanting to get younger and remain competitive where 800k Atkinson, 30pt Sheary, or Paul are our 2nd line RW. I didn't see us moving on from Stamkos so I won't be surprised beyond belief again, but it's incredibly audacious to think with Howard, Geekie, a 2026 and 2027 1st round pick on the forecast, we don't try for a young 2RW.

I don’t think JBB is going to trade more assets not after what happened with Jeannot.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Pretty sure we're at the point of building up our future assets and no longer trading them.
We'll see but a hole in the top 6 is only filled through trade at this point. We have assets now that can get us a legit top 6 winger. I'll be disappointed if we head into this season with Atkinson and Sheary as our 2/3RWs.
I don’t think JBB is going to trade more assets not after what happened with Jeannot.
I raise you Hagel. Looking at Nashville Jeannot, the signs were there. I think he's a better fit in a slower team that plays heavy, but here he didn't fit, didn't play well, etc. A total flop all around. Joseph has been traded again while Nick Paul is playing above his 3M cap hit. Sergachev trade just netted us a good return. If the player coming back is a fit and Brisebois out of some weird fetish for a player or desperation doesn't pull another Jeannot debacle, could land us a 2nd line winger.

Reactions: Outl4w

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Lundkvist is an intriguing name. I think he plays right side.

Two players I would try for the 2nd line that I think would be "cheap":

Max Pacioretty and Viktor Arvidsson
What does Patches look like these days? Always thought he was underrated in his prime, but that was a long time ago.

I don't like how much smaller we got. But it might be too late to add size now, except on RD. Unless there's some middle six guy out there looking for under, what, 3?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad