GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
That's why I think JBB is exploring the trade market to adress that need.
Would be stupid to wait at the TDL, when prices are inflated like crazy.

-Sign Moser
- Trade Sheary wherever (he's got a 16 teams trade list, should be doable)
- Trade for a ~4-5M 2RW
Any way Paul is the one traded? That way they can move Cirelli back to the 3rd line?

Reactions: Major4Boarding

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Guentzel - Point - Kucherov = Great

Hagel - Cirelli - Atkinson = I mean, I guess?

Essy - Paul - Sheary = what is this?

Chaffee - Glen - Girgensons = This is fine

Not having a bonafide 2RW really makes our bottom 9 look weak. Let's say those are the lines for now. I actually like the 3rd line and the chances Sheary bounces back over the odds of that 2nd line producing with Atkinson.

4th line is ok, but nothing inspiring.

Really hoping this isn't our final form, because it's not that great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Outl4w

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Hagel-Point-Kucherov
Guentzel-Cirelli-XXXXX
Sheary-Paul-Atkinson
Girgensons-Glendening-Eyssimont
Chaffee

You have to figure that TB will want to carry an extra forward and defenseman. That's about 1.6m right there.

Eyssimont is a lefty, so without Sheary, the bottom six would probably be:

Eyssimont-Paul-Atkinson
Girgensons-Glendenning-Chaffee

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
Does anyone know if we can sign Moser to a 2-year bridge deal and still hold his rights as an RFA? If not, that would explain why we aren’t using that pot of money. He’s a top-4 dman and I think he very well could pair with Hedman, so signing him to at least 4 years wouldn’t be cheap. But he’s coming off his ELC and was making the minimum. Whatever the case may be, it’s making me impatient!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Does anyone know if we can sign Moser to a 2-year bridge deal and still hold his rights as an RFA? If not, that would explain why we aren’t using that pot of money. He’s a top-4 dman and I think he very well could pair with Hedman, so signing him to at least 4 years wouldn’t be cheap. But he’s coming off his ELC and was making the minimum. Whatever the case may be, it’s making me impatient!
AFP gives two projections. One for a short term deal, and one for a long term.

long term - 6y x 4.4m
short term - 2y x 3.1m

Reactions: Rschmitz

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
THats not even a wild card line up. Bottom 9 forwards lack a top 6 center and winger.

Either for cheap or both would be lovely if we ship out Sheay. I just don't see it happening.

“It’s not a strip it down to the studs situation here,” Dubas said. “It’s trying to use every method we can to acquire future assets.”
It’s not that the Penguins are going into rebuild mode. They aren’t, at least not in the conventional sense. I’d consider it a mini-rebuild. Don’t look for the Penguins to acquire help at the trade deadline this season. They’ll spend to the salary cap. Dubas confirmed as much today. But their days of casually giving up picks and prospects like they were dollar bills are long gone.
Thus, the change. It’s the only way at this point. The Penguins will not compete for a championship until a new wave of players comes along.

and
The Penguins would still love to find a left wing for Crosby, but, given that they don’t have a ton of cap space remaining, it won’t be a sexy name.

In fact, it might be Drew O’Connor.

The Penguins had better hope the guy who showed up in March and April last season was the real O’Connor. He was impressive.
You know who used to be on Crosby's wing? Guentzel, yes, but Conor Sheary.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Sheary plus our two second round picks for either or both. We could also throw in Perbix if we think
Moser/Lilleberg/Crozier/Raddysh are ready to play 4/5/6/7/8 D.
YES! Sheary, Perbix (Crozier is ready to make the jump) and Our 2nd round pick next year for both Rust and Rakell. Of course we would have to throw in a sweetener to get them to retain 25% on each.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
YES! Sheary, Perbix (Crozier is ready to make the jump) and Our 2nd round pick next year for both Rust and Rakell.
Seems like a fantasy but I would praise JBB for it.

Still have to sign Moser? I think that sold take the rest of the cap.
WE have like 5 million left. Especially considering we have send down Chaffee, Gonglaves,Lilleberg, and Crozier if needed.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
YES! Sheary, Perbix (Crozier is ready to make the jump) and Our 2nd round pick next year for both Rust and Rakell.
It's unlikely that it's both. Rust is Crosby's long time linemate.

Crosby likes having Sheary on his line and was visibly pleased with his return to the Penguins. The two were chatty during Tuesday’s practice, and Crosby lit up with a smile when asked about having Sheary back on the team.

“We read off each other pretty well,” Crosby said. “He can play with anyone. He’s a pretty easy guy to play with.”

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad