GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
How reliable a source?

If so, thank God. Need one more big move here! Gimme a juicy trade
This guy is a very well known sports radio personality in town. There is NO REASON for him to come out and say this other than he definitely heard something. He isn't known for doing stuff like that. I'd believe him.

That said, this guy knows hockey a little bit - not a lot. He could have heard a familiar name like Tarasenko and got chubber up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Major4Boarding

TampaIceman

Jun 29, 2024
Colorado is in bad cap hell, maybe get Colton back at $4m for Sheary at $2m and a pick. Gives them a little space and we get Colton for essentially $2m.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
So we signed Cam Atkinson. He maybe better than Sheary . He is another small top 9 forward that is past his prime, but better than Sheary. I really hope this isn't the move JBB said was coming. We actually need to sign another top 6 and top9 forward. No risk on Atkinson one year 900,000. I am surprised he didnt give him multiple years. Maybe we can sign rosovlic and dump sheary. Lineup would be better.
Jake G.-Point-Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-Atkinson
Paul-Rosolivic-Essymont
Grig-Glendenning-Chaffee plus any FA signing/call up
If we can sign Tank and Rosolivic we would be much deeper.
Jake G.-Point-Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-Atkinson/Tank
Paul-Rosolivic-Tank/Atkinson
Grig-Glendenning-Essymont

Extras Chaffee and one banger for bottom 6.
1719955958983.png

Last edited:

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Atkinson? Ehhhhhhhh....

So we're gonna have one great line + Hagel and then like eight 3rd/4th line guys?

I don't get it.

Reactions: T REX

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Atkinson at 900k is okay. Old tho, so meh.
I have to guess (and f***ING HOPE) he's Sheary's replacement.
No way JBB goes into the season with cap space. And no way JJ Moser cost us all our remaining cap.
So, a couple moves must still be in the works

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
i just have this feeling the moser contract is gonna be bigger than we expect. idk if there’s much room to do anything tbh but i hope i’m wrong

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Atkinson at 900k is okay. Old tho, so meh.
I have to guess (and f***ING HOPE) he's Sheary's replacement.
No way JBB goes into the season with cap space. And no way JJ Moser cost us all our remaining cap.
So, a couple moves must still be in the works

Problem is there's almost no 2nd line talent left out there. Tank and Roslovic is about it. Doubt Tank signs for $3M. So we're hoping the one guy we can afford signs with us.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
i just have this feeling the moser contract is gonna be bigger than we expect. idk if there’s much room to do anything tbh but i hope i’m wrong
If its bigger, and buying a couple of UFA years - as it was suggested yesterday, I'm fine with it. If its a large contract, and it's a bridge deal? That means something is still going to happen over the summer. Or someone else is getting moved

One thing I've been thinking of today. The Chris Tanev contract. 6 years takes him to 40 on a worn-and-torn body that may not see the end of it (contract)

I'm beginning to believe a lot of these moves (and price tags) are foreshadowing expansion draft(s) coming in the next 2-3 years.

• Wow
Reactions: Master P

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
If its bigger, and buying a couple of UFA years - as it was suggested yesterday, I'm fine with it. If its a large contract, and it's a bridge deal? That means something is still going to happen over the summer. Or someone else is getting moved

One thing I've been thinking of today. The Chris Tanev contract. 6 years takes him to 40 on a worn-and-torn body that may not see the end of it (contract)

I'm beginning to believe a lot of these moves (and price tags) are foreshadowing expansion draft(s) coming in the next 2-3 years.
The Yotes/Thrashers revenge tour is gonna hit like crack.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
The Yotes/Thrashers revenge tour is gonna hit like crack.
Thrashers, yes. Atlanta is going to happen. We're about 10-12 years away before we see hockey back in the PHNX market. And that's IF it comes back. Which sucks for the Yotes faithful that the douchebag that just pulled his ripcord and bailed salted the earth in that market. They're gonna need a whole lotta things to align to make that happen.

Reactions: AHockeyFanatic

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Problem is there's almost no 2nd line talent left out there. Tank and Roslovic is about it. Doubt Tank signs for $3M. So we're hoping the one guy we can afford signs with us.
That's why I think JBB is exploring the trade market to adress that need.
Would be stupid to wait at the TDL, when prices are inflated like crazy.

-Sign Moser
- Trade Sheary wherever (he's got a 16 teams trade list, should be doable)
- Trade for a ~4-5M 2RW

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Guentzel - Point - Kucherov = Amazing

Hagel - Cirelli - Atkinson = I mean, I guess?

Essy - Paul - Sheary = what is this?

Chaffee - Glen - Girgensons = This could be good

Last edited:

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Guentzel - Point - Kucherov = Great

Hagel - Cirelli - Atkinson = I mean, I guess?

Essy - Paul - Sheary = what is this?

Chaffee - Glen - Girgensons = This is fine
If we could get rid of Sheary and replace him with a guy like Tarasenko things would be looking much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad