GDT: 2024 NHL Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Offense is worse now Stamkos and Dulcair were swapped out for Geuntzel.
Iwould personally take Guentzel over Stammer + Duclair any day of the week. But we still gotta add another F, so comparing is still premature

(You guys saying we only slightly improved our offence with Guentzel have no idea what we're about to witness with Kuch and Guentz playing together lmao. It's gonna be a show.)

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Everyone in Buffalo said Girgensons has been their best defensive player for awhile. Dude should be a great 4th liner. He was one of the guys I wanted us to get. Great pickup.
So we swapped Stamkos ,Duclair, and Jeannot for Girgensons and Guenztal. That doesnt move the need any further. We still have trash sheary in the top 9. We havent added any other bottom 6 or top 6 talent. Unless JBB has an ace trade up his sleeve we didn't get better but have deeper prospect pool, got out of a bad contract, and got a 2nd round pick.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Nylander got potential but I wouldn't rely on him to start in a top6 role. Would be a great swapping him and Sheary. Then trade for a 2RW and we are set.
Nylander at 1 million and dump sheary to SJ for goodrow would be okay, but still lacking a real top6 forward and center. Why is is import we add another top 6 winger to help Hagel drive offense playing with Cirelli.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
We still need a 2nd line winger
A second line center or winger would solve a lot of issues.
We could Keep Cirelli up on the 2nd line with a decent winger that can drive offense.
Jake the Snake G- Point- Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-Top 6 winger
Paul Glendenning Essymont
Motte Grig - bottom 6 signing/sheary/chaffee
call up gonglaves,greenkie,gautheri,howard.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
I'm gonna say it to get it off my chest... unless there's a trade of another key asset or roster player, ya'll better start embracing that Conor Sheary is your 2nd line RW till his contract is up. Don't much care how or what consumables you use to do it - but embrace the horror now so it's somewhat out of your system come pre-season.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm gonna say it to get it off my chest... unless there's a trade of another key asset or roster player, ya'll better start embracing that Conor Sheary is your 2nd line RW till his contract is up. Don't much care how or what consumables you use to do it - but embrace the horror now so it's somewhat out of your system come pre-season.
Yeah I said this earlier. It's Sheary right now slotted in.

Hell, they might even go Guentzel - Cirelli - Sheary 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I can't imagine our plan going into this season was to give the guy who was scratched down the stretch and into the playoffs a chance at being a 2nd line winger. That would be ludicrous.

It's either gonna be Paul (and we find a new 3C) or we acquire a winger via FA or trade.

Also, we didn't pay Guentzel $9M to see where he slots in based on chemistry. The guy is our bonafide first line winger lol.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Yeah I said this earlier. It's Sheary right now slotted in.

Hell, they might even go Guentzel - Cirelli - Sheary 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
I'm almost willing a Pub Sub on me for everyone on the board this is exactly where they're going.

Almost...

Horror.jpg

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Our team defense was a dumpster fire last season, and JBB has massively improved it in a short time frame. I have faith we'll figure out the last roster spot. Can't imagine JBB is just gonna sit on $4M all season.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad