GDT: 2024 NHL first round. 7PM EST / 4PM PST

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

spfan

May 4, 2009
Pretty surprised someone swung this high on Parascak. Very boom or bust.
I'd rather take the swing on Eiserman.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Why does ESPN insist on playing that jingle right in the middle of every announcement? It drowns out the speaker and makes me look down at the tracker to see what the update is, only to read that the pick has been made, which I already know because I'm trying to listen to it being made. :rant:

spfan

May 4, 2009
Very middling pick by Chicago. Passing(expectedly) on Demidov. Then taking Boisvert, not a big fan of their draft this this year. Last year was opposite. Moore was a huge steal and obviously Bedard.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Yeah it does. From reading other stuff about it they did because the draft and FA are a couple days apart so it will allow them to roll into FA without having to fly all over the country
All that will really change is hat all the GMs and scouts won't be there. Each team will have someone there to make their pick or picks, like the HOFers, Michael Buffer, or Celine. The prospects will still be there and come up on stage and get their jersey and get their pic taken with Bettman and the picker. And I expect that the pickers will simply be announced directly by Bettman. TVwise, they'll probably have things set up so they can interview GMs remotely if they want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad