GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
What I find amusing is people constantly cry Fitz drafts for need, complains we need centers then complains when Fitz doesn't draft that.
Id like this if I could but Fitz drafted my like button over a center! Lmfao

Keep the no-center train running, we dont need them and management could care less fans cry about it

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
I'm cool with the "add some beef" strategy; while the Devils have struggled against a lot of teams over the last decade, it's hard to ignore just how much they've had trouble with teams that can combine some size and speed...ok, fine, I don't have stats about that in front of me, but it's definitely been a vibe.

They have a really good core together with a lot of skill guys, but between today and guessing what happens starting Monday, the goal will be to surround them with guys who bring some snarl and forechecking power. Basically, they know what their core is, now it's about building around that core. Makes enough sense for me.

And yeah, it's key that they're also loading up on prospects when you consider that said core's window is open and they're undoubtedly going to be trading prospects away for NHL help over the next couple of years. Keep the pool deep, wrack up picks/players/assets (including the additional second they now have for next year), give yourself flexibility.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The Pikkarainen Era in NJ was one of the weirder things I remember.

7th round pick in 2002, played 3 years in Albany and then went back to Europe in 2005. Everyone forgot about him until 2009 when Lou suddenly reveals he'll be coming over and playing on the NHL roster. Had 1 goal in 31 games and then gets waived. He was famously was sad about it. Played 1 game in Lowell and then got loaned to the KHL and was never heard from again. Bizarre situation.

Last edited:

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I'm cool with the "add some beef" strategy; while the Devils have struggled against a lot of teams over the last decade, it's hard to ignore just how much they've had trouble with teams that can combine some size and speed...ok, fine, I don't have stats about that in front of me, but it's definitely been a vibe.

They have a really good core together with a lot of skill guys, but between today and guessing what happens starting Monday, the goal will be to surround them with guys who bring some snarl and forechecking power. Basically, they know what their core is, now it's about building around that core. Makes enough sense for me.

And yeah, it's key that they're also loading up on prospects when you consider that said core's window is open and they're undoubtedly going to be trading prospects away for NHL help over the next couple of years. Keep the pool deep, wrack up picks/players/assets (including the additional second they now have for next year), give yourself flexibility.
Both Pikkarainen and Traff are good picks, because they are both raw talents with good skating and upside. Traff is a bit meaner, Pikkarainen more talented. Both can blast the puck. A lot to like with these picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00