GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
I'm not a goalie guy so we'll have to ask @evnted and @Guadana about Yegorov.

Two 2nd round picks for Marino is a great haul for Fitzgerald.
interesting pick here. liked moysevich/zarubin a bit more but yegorov was still a good target. best NA-based goalie this year by far, dont let anyone convince you the major junior kids were better

big, athletic, really quick/snappy movement in net. thats not to say hes the most fluid mover in the crease (hes not), but combined with his structure, it makes him tough to beat. hes also undisturbed by pressure/traffic out front. fiercely competitive too, got shelled night in and night out but thats because of his team being crap, no one should get wrapped up in his stats being poor

think the plan is another year in omaha before amking the jump to BU. with how goalies develop nowadays, id prefer someone based out of russia. next best, though, would be in college. theres boom potential here. best draft day goalie prospect weve taken in a decade

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Why are fans of this team complaining about taking a goalie? lol Have you watched Devils games recently?
I'm totally fine with the pick, I think it's always good to have multiple goalies in the system and this one is a better piece of clay than most.

But I do think Fitz tend to overcorrect when there's an issue with the team. Bad goaltending? Better bring in 10 new guys. Not physical enough? Let's bring in some old slow grinders. Too young? ONLY bring in vets over 30.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why are fans of this team complaining about taking a goalie? lol Have you watched Devils games recently?
Using a highish pick on one isn’t guaranteed to be an answer either, the last few goalies we’ve drafted in the second round or above are Ari Ahonen, J.F. Damphousse, Jeff Frazee and Blackwood. Sad that Blackwood was clearly the best of them and he turned into space junk too lol

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'm totally fine with the pick, I think it's always good to have multiple goalies in the system and this one is a better piece of clay than most.

But I do think Fitz tend to overcorrect when there's an issue with the team. Bad goaltending? Better bring in 10 new guys. Not physical enough? Let's bring in some old slow grinders. Too young? ONLY bring in vets over 30.

I've mentioned this a bit before and yeah I definitely agree for the most part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad