GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Nosebleed

Oct 10, 2014
Feeing meh, about our pick but that’s probably cause I didn’t think he’d be there. He def has huge upside but doubt he’s “Hedman” but he’s 6’7 so even if he sucks we’ll get a good pick in 2-3 years when he’s traded

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I am not a fan of this pick. I don't care how you wanna sugarcoat it. This screams like Muk 2.0, a reach pick when there were better consensus options. Pissed off right now.
lol how the f*** is it a reach pick when he was projected by everyone to be top 5 and we took him 10? If you don't like it, fine, but it isn't a reach at all.

Reactions: HBK27

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
Ok. Let's process the pick a little here.

Devils did not need a puck moving offensive defenseman so from that point of view this pick makes sense.
Kid has size, physical enough and positionally sound on the defensive end. That all makes sense in terms of team fit.
He is an unusually good skater for his size. If he can turn into a Chara type I would eat crow.

I would still have gone Dickinson there. It's just my intuitive choice, having analized video of each player and reading scouting reports. You always go for the safe pick each time every time. I am not a big fan of drafting for potential. And you drafted a russian when you had a canadian stud like Dickinson fall in your lap? It's just a puzzling decision to me. I hope to be proven wrong but this is a pattern of bad picks with Fitzgerald. I don't trust the guy's judgment when picking in the first round. Too many blunders like Holtz, Muk and Stillman.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
He is at least a massive defensive defenseman who can skate, if he hits he could be a nightmare.

Let’s swing for the fence, the Devils do it and ppl cry.

I was a Zeev fan but with Casey, and Nemo, Hughes, he is redundant.

Reactions: mdj12784

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
They literally just drafted a dumber Kevin Bahl who is Russian and won't be here for at least 2 years when two more talented and better dmen with more offensive upside, were sitting there. This isn't a guy you take in the top 10. This is a guy you can find in later rounds.

Tom just sucks as a GM with drafting and CONSTANTLY f***s the draft up. Holtz, Stillman, this lug.

Oh, f*** off already...

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
what does the AHL have to do with anything that I said? Your lack of reading comprehension isn't my problem sweetie.

Then explain your use of the term “rot.” Because someone who isn’t overly dramatic might call that letting a player develop. Or you can just be overly emotional and dramatic. Your choice.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Devils did not need a puck moving offensive defenseman so from that point of view this pick makes sense.
Kid has size, physical enough and positionally sound on the defensive end. That all makes sense in terms of team fit.
He is an unusually good skater for his size. If he can turn into a Chara type I would eat crow.

I would still have gone Dickinson there. It's just my intuitive choice, having analized video of each player and read scouting reports. You always go for the safe puck each time every time. I sm not a big fan of drafting for potential. And you drafted a russian when you had a canadian stud like Dickinson fall in your lap? It's just a puzzling decision to me. I hope to be proven wrong bit this is s pattern of bad picks with Fitzgerald. I fon't trust the guy's judgment when pucking in the first round. Too many blunders like Holtz, Muk and Stillman.

Insert Daneyko OH BOY

Reactions: Whaddagoal

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

I would still have gone Dickinson there. It's just my intuitive choice, having analized video of each player and reading scouting reports. You always go for the safe puck each time every time. I am not a big fan of drafting for potential. And you drafted a russian when you had a canadian stud like Dickinson fall in your lap? It's just a puzzling decision to me. I hope to be proven wrong bit this is s pattern of bad picks with Fitzgerald. I fon't trust the guy's judgment when pucking in the first round. Too many blunders like Holtz, Muk and Stillman.
Do people think Mukhamadullin was a bad pick?

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
Then explain your use of the term “rot.” Because someone who isn’t overly dramatic might call that letting a player develop. Or you can just be overly emotional and dramatic. Your choice.
so you know how there's this super cool player named gritsyuk who has the skillset and talent and growth that would be perfect for next year's team?

and you know how we can't have him on next year's team?

lemme know call me love u ttyl

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
And you drafted a russian when you had a canadian stud like Dickinson fall in your lap?|
Go check Oilers roster and Panthers roster. Checking bolts champinship roster would help you too.

May be. Mostly it wouldnt.

Do people think Mukhamadullin was a bad pick?
some people do. education isnt for everyone

As I said in a previous thread, I couldn't imagine MBN dropping past Yzerman.
thought in the same way

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Didn't know anything about Silayev but hey, if you keep taking these guys, eventually one of them is gonna be Pronger or Chara.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
There are lots of 6'7 defensemen who are elite skaters available in the later rounds? Cool, wish we took a few of them each year. How have the Devs been missing out for so long?
He literally has no f***ing offense to his game. He's legit just Kevin Bahl 2.0. He's not physical, his size is worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad