GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 - June 28th - 7 P.M. / Round 2-7 - June 29th - 11 A.M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The dude literally never calls me. You'd think Tom Fitzgerald would value my opinion more, especially considering how much he openly values toughness. I've physically thrown guys who have 100 pounds on me out of bars. That alone should get me a mail-room position.
Why should he pay you, even as a mail room guy, if he can just read your analysis here for free?

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
And Sean Casey can't be far away
1719606843702.png

• Haha
Reactions: Cheddabombs

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
rank the following 5 things in order of likelihood:

• Devils trade Marino tonight.
  • Devils use their draft pick tonight.
  • Alex Holtz develops into a solid, Toffoli-esque top-6 forward who is capable of potting 30+.
  • I am able to satisfy my wife emotionally and sexually tonight (I have had 7 beers).
  • A player drafted between pick 7-12 tonight plays a quality 60+ games next year.
I’ll take a stab at this.

1- Devils use their draft pick tonight
2- Alex Holtz develops into a Toffoli replacement capable of scoring 30+ goals.
3- Devils trade Marino tonight.
4- A player drafted pick 7-12 plays a quality 60+ games next year
5- You are able to satisfy your wife both emotionally and physically. Is it even possible to achieve simultaneously, let alone with alcohol? Good luck to you, my man!

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Not nearly as bad as Marino. Pesce at his peak is much better anyways. Barley older
First, we aren’t getting Pesce at his peak so I could care less about his peak being better

Second, 30 vs 27 isn’t exactly barely older in terms of getting close to seriously declining and retiring in the NHL.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
I’ll take a stab at this.

1- Devils use their draft pick tonight
2- Alex Holtz develops into a Toffoli replacement capable of scoring 30+ goals.
3- Devils trade Marino tonight.
4- A player drafted pick 7-12 plays a quality 60+ games next year
5- You are able to satisfy your wife both emotionally and physically. Alcohol is a lot like speed…it kills.
added context: I only give lapdances after 11 beers and I'm currently at 9.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
First, we aren’t getting Pesce at his peak so I could care less about his peak being better

Second, 30 vs 27 isn’t exactly barely older in terms of getting close to seriously declining and retiring in the NHL.

Marino could have a career ending injury on opening night. You can't really think like this.

Pesce is better than Marino this coming season and likely for at least the next 2 or 3.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Marino could have a career ending injury on opening night. You can't really think like this.

Pesce is better than Marino this coming season and likely for at least the next 2 or 3.
How is that remotely comparable thinking. We have no clue who’s gonna be better for the next 2-3 years or even next season. But Pesce is older and more likely to decline significantly sooner than Marino.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
How is that remotely comparable thinking. We have no clue who’s gonna be better for the next 2-3 years or even next season. But Pesce is older and more likely to decline significantly sooner than Marino.

Yeah, probably. Or he excels here and fits like a glove?

I trust the front office if this is the direction they take.

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
We can argue this til we're blue in the face but there's simply the chance that Keefe believes that Pesce fits what he wants to do much better than Marino does and that's why we're choosing to go the Pesce route. Don't know about you but I, for one, am tired of watching our guys give up chances in the slot left and right so I'll take someone that defends it at a high level for 20 minutes a night every chance I get.

I'll wait and see what the contract details are and what we return for Marino as well before I fully judge the trade off. Marino was a mess at times last year and, yes, there is risk acquiring the older player but until I see what Keefe wants to do and what the structure of the team is going to look like, I'm going to choose optimism and let Fitz and company work.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean, if the Devils think Askarov becomes a Shesterkin-quality goalie, that's not a cup-making trade it's a dynasty-making trade.
Then why bother dealing another first for Markstrom? Might as well have saved the pick and gone on the cheap with goalie for one more year. There is zero chance they deal two straight firsts for a goalie, none.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009

Pesce had a superior season to Marino at 29 vs Marino at 26.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
For all we know, the front office philosophy may have completely changed. Keefe hiring kind of signals that is has, he doesn't run a system comparable to Ruff.

Maybe Pesce is more of what he wants?

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Then why bother dealing another first for Markstrom? Might as well have saved the pick and gone on the cheap with goalie for one more year. There is zero chance they deal two straight firsts for a goalie, none.

Tbf, it wasn't concrete that Saros was staying. Wasn't it reported that the Preds were taking calls on him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad