GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'd be okay if the draft was in Vegas every year, the atmosphere looked surreal. Also if Celine can bring this kind of draft luck to us, Molson should put her on the pay roll and have her over every year.

Yeah, it was a seriously good show. Usually it's pretty boring. I liked ESPN's show much more than SN, too.

I would be OK with just holding it in Vegas at the Sphere. NHL awards show is there, too, so you can do both, and have a great week in Vegas.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Outside of the Habs, I am insanely jealous of the Sharks and Devils. Silayev and Dickinson at those spots is ridiculous. Devils might have the best top 4 defense core in the league soon and I wouldn't be surprised if Dickinson turns into a Noah Dobson-like steal.

Sharks getting Celebrini and Dickinson is insanity. f***ing great draft for them. They'll be bad next year too so they could add Martone to that group.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Sharks getting Celebrini and Dickinson is insanity. f***ing great draft for them. They'll be bad next year too so they could add Martone to that group.
I still can't believe the Flyers passed up on Buium and traded the #12 pick to the Wild.

And I'm a HUGE Luchanko fan too! I figured he could usurp some of the forwards in the top 12-13 but didn't think he'd go ahead of Buium.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Contrary to what many here thought, I don't think their prospect pool was that impressive despite being a crap team for so long. All of a sudden, Celebrini, Dickinson, Smith, Musty look like high end pieces. Another top 5 pick and selling off more vets will help them out significantly.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Please trade some of these d for something.

Would be nice to move out RHP, Dvorak, or Armia can't see the Habs being fortunate enough to move on from both. Upgrade on Pezzetta.

Maybe dangle a 4th for Jeannot and get that upgrade on Pezzetta.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Damn, I'm not sure I would have passed on that. Columbus definitely has a lot of faith in Lindstrom, because next year has Hagen, Martone, McQueen etc. in top 5. They must think Chicago won't be a bottom 5 team next year.
I doubt they'd think that way

Chicago will be a bottom tier team

I just think they loved this draft a bit more so far and what was available to them

I wonder if the Habs considered a trade like that with Chicago. Chicago could have #1 pick next year. Probably a top 3 pick for sure.
Lottery makes this unpredictable

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I still can't believe the Flyers passed up on Buium and traded the #12 pick to the Wild.

And I'm a HUGE Luchanko fan too! I figured he could usurp some of the forwards in the top 12-13 but didn't think he'd go ahead of Buium.

I was shocked too. I like Luchanko, too, but not as much as Buium. It's not like Flyers have a good D class. They're D pretty much sucks.

OTOH, so does their center situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad