GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Having read rumors of chronic shoulder problems for Chernyshov, if true his drop makes sense and I'm hoping we go RD.
I’d like to find a guy that’s a pretty safe bet to be an NHLer with a nice B game. Feel like we’re playing with house money right now. Maybe Charlie Elick? Not a sexy or high upside pick with not much offensive game, but skates well, great size, RH shot, and profiles as a guy that has a decent shot at making it. Would be good with Badinka as well. Might be a little “reachy” for 33, but just looking for NHLers after hitting home runs last night.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I’d like to find a guy that’s a pretty safe bet to be an NHLer with a nice B game. Feel like we’re playing with house money right now. Maybe Charlie Elick? Not a sexy or high upside pick with not much offensive game, but skates well, great size, RH shot, and profiles as a guy that has a decent shot at making it.
Really need some RHD prospects and there is a few, but of course they're all 3rd pairing molds. But anything is better than what SJ currently has. Mews, Badinka, Elick, Kleber. I mean they might even be able to grab two of those guys

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Adding Elick to Muhk/BDE and we have the start of a big slick skating backend. Sort of cliche but it's the looks of a playoff winning team with players like Macklin, or as hodge would say the opposite of flashy small wingers that struggle in the playoffs.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I kinda wanna take a risk at 33 and go for a skill guy. Cole Hutson? Though we desperately need RD. I’m just kinda meh on picking a 3rd pairing projected guy with 33.
Thinking the same, probably be able to snag a safe bottom pairing d guy at 53 anyways. I guess injury concerns with Chernyshov but if there is any hope for him at all its kinda hard to pass him up

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Couple notes about ESPN for last night:

1.) I know someone mentioned it earlier, but Leah Hextall >>>>>> Emily Kaplan for the short interviews of the draftees.

2.) hey ESPN, when there's a trade, let Bettman announce it before showing who is the new team on the clock. Every single time there was a trade, ESPN already changed who is on the clock BEFORE Bettman read aloud the trade, killing the suspense. Stupid.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I kinda wanna take a risk at 33 and go for a skill guy. Cole Hutson? Though we desperately need RD. I’m just kinda meh on picking a 3rd pairing projected guy with 33.
I still think Grier has spent all of last night dreaming about talking a BU kid. Cole Hutson, it just feels like his kind of pick.

Reactions: Jargon

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I still think Grier has spent all of last night dreaming about talking a BU kid. Cole Hutson, it just feels like his kind of pick.

The only thing is we have so many left handed defensemen.. on the other, Hutson is a really fun risk to take. After that first round, I’d just swing for every high ceiling ceiling pick, why not?

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
Here are some targets I'd like to see.

33:
  1. BPA: Chernyshov (if medical isn't a concern)
  2. RHD: Badinka (6'3, physical shutdown D with good skating and breakout pass)
  3. Trade back a few spots to pick up more darts.
  4. RHD: Elick (6'3, shutdown D - but no offensive upside. he could be a perfect fit with Cagnoni on 3rd pairing but I'd prefer to swing for more offensive upside)
  5. LHD Freij (6'1, offensive high risk D - fantastic shot but defensive red flags)
53:
  1. Anyone from above :)
  2. LHD: Shuravin (6'4, Shut-down D, strong skater, offensive potential, bad shot)
  3. LHD: Skahan (6'5, physical shutdown D, very good skater, great positioning, great vision, but limited in creativity with puck, hard but inaccurate shot.)
  4. RHD: Mews (6'0, offensive D, exceptional skater, but can unravel when faced with adversity)
  5. RHD: Brunicke (6'3, two-way, big & mobile, 2nd pair D)
  6. RHD: Kleber (6'6, physical, solid defense, some offensive instincts, good but slower skater)
  7. LHDs: Muggli, Kiviharju, Sahlin-Wallenius, Hutson,Pulkkinen, Ustinkov, Vaisanen

3rd / 4th round:
  1. Hope we pick up one of the Russian goalies with the 3rd or 4th. 3rd would give us a lot of choice, 4th would mean less options.
  2. Pick a high risk faller (like Cagoni)

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $32,249.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1