GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
They all left the building after their pick. I think it's just that the fans in Vegas aren't intense/ long suffering enough to seek out a message board as a form of therapy (speaking for a friend of course).

I'd be happy with Badinka, Chernyshov, Pulkkinen, hell even Kleber. But not Elick. Feels like Okhotiuk to me, no puck skills at all.

But whatever. 95% of this draft is already in the bag.

drunksage

Sphere = underrated?
Jan 13, 2007
30-ish min from Sphere
They all left the building after their pick. I think it's just that the fans in Vegas aren't intense/ long suffering enough to seek out a message board as a form of therapy (speaking for a friend of course).
I thought I knew a lot of VGK fans, but based on social media, none of them attended the draft or so much as acknowledged their 1st round pick.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
They had a friendly exchange on Monday. Might have just been the question he was asking.

Are you referring to Grier's "Oh you mean your report" remark? That was another example that leads me to believe Grier doesn't care much for him.

But of course, it can just be my own bias as over the years I've come to find him smug and at times a bit dismissive (even at our own @Kcoyote3 )

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Here are my preferences for 33:

Chernyshov, had him at 16 in my personal rankings, would be a great addition to complement Eklund or Smith. No other remaining forward comes close in my view, that’s why I wouldn’t be okay taking another forward.

If they go D for positional need, it goes like this for me: Elick, Badinka, Pulkkinen/Brunicke (high-upside, lot of risk would be ok for me after getting the safest D in SD).

Could live with Basha or Hutson as well and I like Ritchie more than most, also reading a lot of negative quotes from scouts have put a damper on that thought.

Unfortunately, I have to attend a birthday that starts half an hour after round one begins and have to get there…
I’m interested in Nikita Artamanov who played a full season in the KHL last year, which is kind of nuts in your draft year. And he had 23 points.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Are you referring to Grier's "Oh you mean your report" remark? That was another example that leads me to believe Grier doesn't care much for him.

But of course, it can just be my own bias as over the years I've come to find him smug and at times a bit dismissive (even at our own @Kcoyote3 )
No, that one was definitely Grier ribbing him a bit. But Sheng asked him a question on Monday re: Atkinson and made a funny comment "it wasn't my report" calling back to that Warso presser exchange and they both laughed. I think it's a fine relationship between them. The press is always a little annoying.

Sheng can be a little dismissive at times but generally he's pretty thorough and even handed about the sharks while having a perspective, which is more than a lot of journalists can say.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010

I'd be happy with Badinka, Chernyshov, Pulkkinen, hell even Kleber. But not Elick. Feels like Okhotiuk to me, no puck skills at all.

But whatever. 95% of this draft is already in the bag.
I have a feeling Kleber might be the guy. Chris Peters' choice for the Sharks and his #33 ranked prospect. A beast of a RD? You can really start to dream about the building blocks of a pain-in-the-ass defense for opponents to play against being in place.

Reactions: coooldude

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California

Celebrini and Buium? or traded #33 and #11 for Celebrini and Demidov?
If you had told me before the draft we'd end up with Celebrini and Dickinson I'd have pooped my pants.

But I think I prefer Dickinson to Buium for this team, and why do we believe 33 and 11 would have enticed Montreal to trade us #5?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The draft happens in Vegas and there isn’t even a forum discussing the draft or their pick. Weird.
I think VGK fans hang out on reddit or similar. Don't know many VGK fans are aware of forums.

Day one recap

Reactions: Sandisfan

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Is it too late to fly to Vegas?
Not if you were Superman

For f***'s sake Grier, do we really have to sit here and burn the whole clock?
I wondered to myself today whether there's a gentlemen's agreement for the first pick amongst teams where they take all the time to give teams a chance to start making phone calls. Because I don't know of a league where this ever doesn't happen.

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
If you had told me before the draft we'd end up with Celebrini and Dickinson I'd have pooped my pants.

But I think I prefer Dickinson to Buium for this team, and why do we believe 33 and 11 would have enticed Montreal to trade us #5?

PuckMedia has #5 pick = #11 + #32 picks value-wise, so #33 + a late pick would do it when it comes to value evaluation of picks. But that's different than Montreal willing to trade away Demidov that fell to their lap. They could potentially view him as #2 overall for all we know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad