GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
Alright so we have Dickinson & Mukh as LHD's,
Solberg is LHD and will be gone.

Our next pick needs to be a RHD.

I want one of:
  • Adam Jiricek
  • EJ Emery
  • Dominik Badinka
  • Charlie Elick
Jiricek would be the best fit two-way D here, but he'd need to fall a AND we'd need to package both 2nds to get to #25ish.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Finally got checked in on our trip. Too much traffic, didn't get to see pick 11 live. The missus told me the pick coming back from the bathroom as we were getting the keys. I'm sure there's some disappointment, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine we'd have a choice between Buium and Dickinson by our pick. Thank you Anaheim, Utah, Calgary, Seattle, but most of all Ottawa for making this day happen.

OversKy

Oct 12, 2023
Interesting that Grier opted for Dickinson over two of Celebrini's highly rated Shattuck teammates.
BPA IMO. He's quite a bit younger than Buium and as stacked as London and well coached, that's not the same as playing with your brother on a team of almost all draft picks. Time will tell who is the better NHLer just like any draft though. Dickinson was my 2nd favorite D-man besides Levshunov.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Alright so we have Dickinson & Mukh as LHD's,
Solberg is LHD and will be gone.

Our next pick needs to be a RHD.

I want one of:
  • Adam Jiricek
  • EJ Emery
  • Dominik Badinka
  • Charlie Elick
Jiricek would be the best fit two-way D here, but he'd need to fall a AND we'd need to package both 2nds to get to #25ish.
None of these guys are those that I'd move up to secure. Someone will be there even if it's not an RHD that will be a decent pick for the spot. I'm hoping for any of those guys to fall there but I'm not expecting it and they may need to take a Mews or a Letourneau at 33 depending on how the board plays out.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
When our new defenseman gets a penalty
giphy.gif

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
For me, Cole Eiserman, easily.
I don't think Eiserman will fall that far but if he does, he's still a winger that isn't worth moving up to get. I'd rather hope an RHD falls to that spot and save that later 2nd for Nabokov hoping nobody reaches further than the Sharks would with that sort of pick.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad