GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
What an awesome day after years of shit. We have a 1C, possible 2nd 1C with Smith, and a D man with 1st pairing upside.

Not to mention Eklund, Musty, Cagnoni, Bystedt, Edstrom, 2 early 2nds this year, and two firsts next year.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Dickinson is a big smooth skating poised mfer, I get Buium has some exciting upside, but I really think Dickinson is just going to transition to a top 4 flawlessly and quickly, and could end up a true #1
I said from the jump that I thought Dickinson was the best D-Man in the draft. It isn’t Sharks bias. This is so good and we have our LH Pietrangelo for the next 10-15 years.

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Damn! I love Dickinson in the long run but Buium would have been like the Musty pick there. I'm happy though, good draft so far!

EDIT: Okay I think Dickinson might have been the best pick for us if we want to win a cup one day. LET'S GOOO

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Really happy with Dickinson. He might be the safest top 4 d-man in the draft. I wanted Zeev for the upside, but Dickinson's 6'3, skates like the wind, and is good both ways. Thrilled to get him for 14+42.

STL couldn't move up for Buium when they are desperate for D. Maybe Philly wasn't willing to move done 4 spots, but still find it a bit surprising. Now do those claims of Eiserman to Philly come true?

What a draft!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad