GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (HFSJ Edition) - Round 1: Fri, Jun 28 4pm PT/7pm ET | Rounds 2-7: Sat, Jun 29, 8:30am PT/11:30am ET

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Draft24SJLogo.png

Draft24CatHeader-WhereWhen.png

Where
The Las Vegas Sphere

When
Day 1:
Round 1 - Friday, June 28 at 4pm PT/7pm ET
US Broadcast: ESPN and ESPN+
Canadian Broadcast: Sportsnet and Sportsnet+ (English), TVAS (French)

Day 2: Rounds 2-7 - Saturday, June 19 at 8:30am PT/11:30am PT
US Broadcast: NHL Network and ESPN+
Canadian Broadcast: Sportsnet, Sportsnet1, and Sportsnet+

Draft24CatHeader-SharkPicks.png

This table will be updated as Shark selections are made and/or picks are traded. Current pick info is accurate as of the time or thread creation or the most recent edit.

Click player names to be taken to their dedicated discussion thread.

RoundPickNotesPlayerPosFrom
11Macklin CelebriniCBoston University (NCAA)
111From BuffaloSam DickinsonDLondon Knights (OHL)
233Igor ChernyshovLWDynamo Moscow (KHL)
253From Det via Nsh/TBLeo Sahlin WalleniusDVaxjo Jr. (SweJr)
382From NJCarson WetschRWCalgary Hitmen (WHL)
4116From VgkChristian KirschGZug Jr (SwiJr)
5131From Cgy via Chi/TorColton RobertsDVancouver Giants (WHL)
5143From PitNate MisskeyDVictoria Royals (WHL)
7194Yaroslav KorostelyovGSKA St. Petersburg Jr (MHL)

• Acquired the 11th overall pick for the 14th pick (previously acquired from Pittsburgh for Erik Karlsson) and the 42nd pick (previously acquired from New Jersey for Timo Meier
  • Acquired the 53rd overall pick from Detroit with Jake Walman for Future Considerations (Pick previously belonged to Nashville & Tampa Bay)
  • The Sharks' own 3rd round pick (66th overall) was traded to Anaheim for Henry Thrun
  • Acquired the 82nd overall pick from New Jeresey for the 85th overall pick (previously acquired from Tampa Bay in the Anthony Duclair trade) and a 2025 6th round pick.
  • The Sharks' own 4th round pick (98th overall) was traded to Arizona/Utah for Lane Pederson
  • Acquired the 116th pick from Vegas in the Adin Hill trade
  • The Sharks' own 5th round pick (130th overall) was traded to Montreal along with Nick Bonino for Arvid Henriksson (who appears to have not been retained by the Sharks after 22-23)
  • Acquired the 131st pick from Calgary for Nikita Okhotiuk (pick previously belonged to Toronto and Chicago)
  • Acquired the 143rd pick from Pittsburgh for Tony Sund
  • The Sharks' own 6th round pick (162nd overall) was traded to Vancouver with Nick Cicek for Jack Studnicka

Draft24CatHeader-SharkTrades.png

1. June 27: San Jose trades pick 1/14 (acquired from Pittsburgh for Erik Karlsson) and 2/42 (acquired from New Jersey for Timo Meier) to Buffalo for pick 1/11.
  2. June 29: San Jose trades pick 3/85 and a 2025 6th round pick to New Jersey for pick 3/82 (used to select Carson Wetsch)

Draft24CatHeader-Links.png

Draft Central/Info Hubs
NHL.com Draft Coverage Hub
EliteProspects.com Draft Center
The Hockey Writers' Draft Guide
Sportsnet.ca Draft Center

Prospect Lists/Rankings
NHL.com/Columbus Blue Jackets Consensus Rankings
Multi-outlet Consensus rankings (from Flamesnation.ca)
Multi-Outlet Consensus Rankings (from Soundofhockey.com)
The Athletic Consensus Rankings (***PAYWALL***)

NHL Central Scouting Bureau North American Rankings Skaters | Goalies

NHL Central Scouting Bureau European Rankings: Skaters | Goalies

TSN - Bob McKenzie Top 90 (with honorable mentions)
TSN - Craig Button Top 96 Prospects

Rogers Sportsnet - Sam Cosentino Top Prospects (from April)
Rogers Sportsnet - Jason Bukala Top 74 Prospects

The Hockey News - Ryan Kennedy Top 120 Prospects
The Hockey News - Tony Ferrari Top 100 Prospects

ESPN Top 64 Prospects
Tankathon top 134 prospects
Future Considerations Top 100 Prospects
FloHockey Top 100 Prospects
Daily Faceoff Top 120 Prospects
Dobber Hockey Top 128 Prospects

Mock Drafts
TSN - Craig Button Mock Draft
Sportsnet - Sam Cosentino Mock Draft
Sportsnet - Jason Bukala Mock Draft
NHL.com Dueling Mock Drafts (Adam Kimelman & Mike Morreale)

Links to useful or important resources will be included here. If you have others to add post them in the thread and tag me @The Nemesis and I can update this post.

Last edited:

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
so the start time is 6am for me on a saturday - unideal. I personally don't care about seeing Celebrini get picked since there will be videos etc forever, but I DO want to watch for the 11th pick.

Roughly how many minutes after start would that be for all you draft-watching veterans?

NewMuzu24

May 28, 2018
so the start time is 6am for me on a saturday - unideal. I personally don't care about seeing Celebrini get picked since there will be videos etc forever, but I DO want to watch for the 11th pick.

Roughly how many minutes after start would that be for all you draft-watching veterans?
It won't matter because it'll happen during a commercial break. Sleep in :)

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
From Sportnet’s Jason Bukala

No. 11 San Jose Sharks (via Buffalo):
Cole Eiserman, F, USNTDP
Height: 6-feet Weight: 197 pounds

Eiserman is arguably the best pure shooter in the entire draft class. I have concerns about his defensive effort and awareness, but scoring goals is hard to do and he definitely delivers. The Sharks' development staff will coach Eiserman to play with more detail. I’m envisioning Macklin Celebrini, Will Smith and Eiserman on the San Jose's power play in the future.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Bettman: "San Jose has traded the first overall selection to Anaheim for the 3rd overall selection and a 2028 7th round selection."

Later in the draft

Bettman: "Starting next year, in the 2025 draft, the draft will consist of 5 rounds."
Anaheim proceeds to draft Lindstrom #1 because Verbeek does whatever the f*** he wants

Chicago is so confused they still go with Levshunov at #2 because they're playing to a script like the spreadsheet nerds they are

Mike Grier kicks over the podium and announces we draft Cole Eiserman at #3

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015

I would say there will be at 15 minutes of time before the Sharks go on the clock. Then 5 minutes between picks (plus about 2 minutes at least teams to announce the pick). It is a 3+ hour event so I’m guessing 11 won’t happen till at least 60 minutes in and more likely 75 minutes into the draft.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad