Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft (Ducks pick #3, They didn’t drop! OMG It’s a Miracle!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DucksRoll

May 9, 2015
The more I watch the D-men in this draft the more I'm confident Buium is the play. Yeah he's average size and shoots left, not ideal, but I'll take the guy with his kind of elite awareness in all zones over guys with physical advantages every time.

Haven't really seen him ranked as high as 3 but I would be stoked to see the Ducks grab him.

Wouldn't mind going with RH D Emery with the late first as well. There's some interesting forwards they can target in the 2nd.
Nah, they were never gonna let Chicago drop.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Here's a take on Zeev about his offense and defense as to how they will/will not pan out in the NHL. The critic denotes if his play/production is elevated due to his team, but still praises him for generating so many points.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Here's a take on Zeev about his offense and defense as to how they will/will not pan out in the NHL. The critic denotes if his play/production is elevated due to his team, but still praises him for generating so many points.

This is why I prefer not to draft Buium. Also worth pointing out this guy was one of the few people that had Carlsson ahead of Fantilli in his rankings.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
This is why I prefer not to draft Buium. Also worth pointing out this guy was one of the few people that had Carlsson ahead of Fantilli in his rankings.

I got to the same conclusion that Zeev might be propped up by a stacked team when doing comparisons with Lev. It's all the on-ice stuff that caught me by surprise.

Seeing many of the flaws on the ice is eye opening. Zeev's signature moves such as dip left and then skate right or always passing to his right kinda reminded me of Korchinski's signature and singular move in the defensive zone to evade players in Juniors - that will be snuffed out fast at the NHL level due to all the scouting involved.

Zeev skating around in circles with the puck with no real planned move kinda reminds me of Lundy, tbh. It's a lot of activity that doesn't lead to much. At least the critic did show when Zeev just plays the simple game that it's far more effective.

Also, I didn't realize that Zeev wasn't that great a skater as he gets beat often with players going wide. He'll need to work on his skating as well as adding more bulk.

As for the Ducks, I have have Dickinson ahead of Buium b/c I prefer a player that's more defensive-minded. We have many OFD's on the NHL team already and possibly another in Luneau.

My rankings
1. C Celebrini
2. RD Lev
3. C Lindstrom/LD Dickinson

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
What round is he expected to go ? I'd draft him if its the 3rd or 4th round. He's only played in North America, so he's like Nesterenko, he's born here to Russian immigrants and is American. Just realized Ilya ended his career in Anaheim where his nhl career started.

I don't know anything about him though I haven't seen his name in any rankings so I don't think he's worth a pick. Maybe wait a couple of years to see how he develops and then try to sign him.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don't know anything about him though I haven't seen his name in any rankings so I don't think he's worth a pick. Maybe wait a couple of years to see how he develops and then try to sign him.

He's not ranked in CSB's final rankings. Is he playing in a league worse than US high schools to not be ranked?

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
New scouting report for Yakemchuk. He calls him the most balanced D in the draft with both his offence and defence at a high level.

I really want Yakemchuk but feel like pick 3 may be too early. If he ends up hitting his potential then he would easily be worth pick 3.

Reactions: LeBrun is a Clown

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I got to the same conclusion that Zeev might be propped up by a stacked team when doing comparisons with Lev. It's all the on-ice stuff that caught me by surprise.

Seeing many of the flaws on the ice is eye opening. Zeev's signature moves such as dip left and then skate right or always passing to his right kinda reminded me of Korchinski's signature and singular move in the defensive zone to evade players in Juniors - that will be snuffed out fast at the NHL level due to all the scouting involved.

Zeev skating around in circles with the puck with no real planned move kinda reminds me of Lundy, tbh. It's a lot of activity that doesn't lead to much. At least the critic did show when Zeev just plays the simple game that it's far more effective.

Also, I didn't realize that Zeev wasn't that great a skater as he gets beat often with players going wide. He'll need to work on his skating as well as adding more bulk.

As for the Ducks, I have have Dickinson ahead of Buium b/c I prefer a player that's more defensive-minded. We have many OFD's on the NHL team already and possibly another in Luneau.

My rankings
1. C Celebrini
2. RD Lev
3. C Lindstrom/LD Dickinson

I do really appreciate Buium's savvy and IQ, I think if he had physical tools like Dickinson and Lev etc, he could be the best D in the draft. But he doesn't have those, and when picking in the top 3/5, I feel like I need to be more sure that a player is physically gifted enough to be a star. There's a lot to like about Buium, but he's a unique prospect and I think it's more difficult to determine his floor.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I wouldnt mind Yak at all. I dont think his skating is good enough for Madden's typical defensemen.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I don’t know. He is the most elusive/agule d, easily the smartest and most skilled, and the best at puck retrievals and breakouts. Not ideal size and not rhd but a lot to like there

Would love to trade up and get two of these d

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
New scouting report for Yakemchuk. He calls him the most balanced D in the draft with both his offence and defence at a high level.

I really want Yakemchuk but feel like pick 3 may be too early. If he ends up hitting his potential then he would easily be worth pick 3.

Yakemchuk is kinda who I want after levshunov…. But idk that I’d take him at 3.

I do like him a lot tho

Reactions: Rasp

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Helenius has joined Finland's roster for the World Championship, one of few to participate in the mens, u20 and u18 all in the same season.

He's not expected to dress for their opening game today against Czechia. Not sure if that's just to give him an extra couple days rest after the grind of the u18s after Liiga playoffs - or if he's just considered an extra F

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
My nightmare is he drops to 14 somehow to SJ.

I know sharks fans are praying for that

Coming out with celebrini and yakemchuk is really nice…. And should still get a good dmen(I assume/maybe goalie with their 2nd)

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Fans seem to like Yakemchuk more than scouts do. McKenzie's recent rankings were pretty indicative of that...one 4th place vote and one 5th place vote and then nothing else in the top 10. His overall rank of 12th meant there were scouts who REALLY didn't like him. With his toolset I want to like him more than Levshunov and his highlights are better than Levshunov's. But it seems that there is real concern that he is just a junior star and is going to have difficulty translating his game to the NHL. Very risky as a top 3 pick.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I wouldnt mind Yak at all. I dont think his skating is good enough for Madden's typical defensemen.

I feel like he would be one that BM would be pushing for if he was still GM. Everything about the player outside of his game with the puck - is super reminiscent of Josh Manson. Skating, size, physical game, even personality and mental makeup from what I gather seem awfully similar to Manson. But of course there's a whole offensive element that Josh never really had, it's a pretty enticing overall package.

If he was a better transitional skater, I think he's a slam dunk top 5 guy. It's the one area for me that creates pause, just looks like there's a fair bit of work left before NHL speed won't have him on his heels.

Reactions: anezthes

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fans seem to like Yakemchuk more than scouts do. McKenzie's recent rankings were pretty indicative of that...one 4th place vote and one 5th place vote and then nothing else in the top 10. His overall rank of 12th meant there were scouts who REALLY didn't like him. With his toolset I want to like him more than Levshunov and his highlights are better than Levshunov's. But it seems that there is real concern that he is just a junior star and is going to have difficulty translating his game to the NHL. Very risky as a top 3 pick.
This is all under the assumption we don’t have interest in demidov.

If levshunov at 2 is gone I wouldn’t mind moving down (like #5-7 range)

Ducks get 5th + jets 1st from Montreal for our 3rd overall.

Take yakemchuk…. Then we move jets 1st + a 2nd(or whatever it takes to move up to 13-16 range) and sim at sennecke, mbn or greenreee

Reactions: tomd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad