Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Draft

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Realistically drafting a LD this year would be smart...let's cross our fingers that after next season with Samberg two (or is it one?) year from UFA that he signs long term because there isn't much on that side of the defense in the pipeline, after drafting steady from 2015-2019.
This draft seems pretty meh... any D we draft with the Montreal pick essentially replaces Kova or Chisholm just younger - its nice but not going to solve a problem Elick would be nice I think

I hope they don't trade up for anyone other than Levshunov - just seems like slim pickings

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
The Hockey News draft preview shows EJ Emery at # 45. Hopefully the Jets can pick him at # 37.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Elick or Brunicke seem in the Jets range...

Hutson and Freij sound like Heinola so I'd pass unless we think he's gone.

No Finns, D that need to work on their skating or under-sized wingers please.

Only winger I would look at is Surin

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Some big RD at 37 OA...

Roberts
Kleber
Badinka
Emery
Ellick
Lavoie
Brunicke
Gill
I think I prefer Gill out of this group. He's among the bigger ones, he's the youngest and I read lots of comments about his upward development trajectory.

Reactions: trebendan

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not much excitement about the #37 overall pick on this board, it seems.

Scouch has a weighted consensus ranking of draft prospects that has a bit of a "shelf" or tier around #37. Here's a list below. Should we start to discuss them (and others)?

30. Letourneau
31. Emery
32. Wallenius
33. Freij
34. Pettersson
35. Elick
36. Badinka
37. Vanacker
38. Surin
39. Miettinen

A few interesting RHD in that tier (Elick, Badinka and Emery), and a few interesting C (Letourneau, Miettinen, Pettersson, Surin).

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Scouch has a weighted consensus ranking of draft prospects that has a bit of a "shelf" or tier around #37. Here's a list below. Should we start to discuss them (and others)?

30. Letourneau
31. Emery
32. Wallenius
33. Freij
34. Pettersson
35. Elick
36. Badinka
37. Vanacker
38. Surin
39. Miettinen

A few interesting RHD in that tier (Elick, Badinka and Emery), and a few interesting C (Letourneau, Miettinen, Pettersson, Surin).
Agree, it's a little harder to get the interest up because it's hard to know who might be available at 37.

There are some in the weighted list that could be in our range that are higher on the Hockey Prospect.com list (which I personally like) as well.

Miettinen and Vanacker are pretty high on the HP.com list at 22 and 23, and Griden, Surin, Freij are at 25, 26, 27.

It will be interesting to see how the 1st round goes and see who's available.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Depending on how the board falls, I wouldn’t be opposed to trading back a few spots and picking up an extra pick (or two). After 37 we don’t draft again until 123.

Reactions: hockeyarena

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

30. Letourneau
31. Emery
32. Wallenius
33. Freij
34. Pettersson
35. Elick
36. Badinka
37. Vanacker
38. Surin
39. Miettinen

Wheeler at the Athletic has Elick and Badinka at 43 and 44. I'd be ecstatic with either.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
Wheeler at the Athletic has Elick and Badinka at 43 and 44. I'd be ecstatic with either.
124480ab35d701d9a6c974aa5a95841b.jpg
Ah yes the infamous Badinka Ingabogovinanana

Reactions: buggs

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
For those proposing certain players at #37, please feel free to share your reasons why. I will admit this year I just haven't found the motivation to research prospects without a 1st round pick. But I'd love to read arguments for certain players at #37.

This year since our organization decided to go to Seven Eleven and spend the entire paycheque on 649 tickets and smokes the family won’t eat come draft day.

I will PVR the Draft just in case we make a trade. I don’t need to watch other teams get better while we continue to sunset.

I never follow day 2 until after the draft is done anyways.

I have a subscription to Black Book so I will do all my research post draft this year once we have picks.

I can at least comfort myself in our post draft and develop era with the deep meaningful run our team had in the playoffs this year.

:baghead:

(The End) :laugh:

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
For those proposing certain players at #37, please feel free to share your reasons why. I will admit this year I just haven't found the motivation to research prospects without a 1st round pick. But I'd love to read arguments for certain players at #37.

I also can't seem to find much of any motivation for following this draft.

Reactions: ps241

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
This year since our organization decided to go to Seven Eleven and spend the entire paycheque on 649 tickets and smokes the family won’t eat come draft day.

I will PVR the Draft just in case we make a trade. I don’t need to watch other teams get better while we continue to sunset.

I never follow day 2 until after the draft is done anyways.

I have a subscription to Black Book so I will do all my research post draft this year once we have picks.

I can at least comfort myself in our post draft and develop era with the deep meaningful run our team had in the playoffs this year.

:baghead:

(The End) :laugh:
Pretend there was expansion and 37 is the SCF loser pick.

Surixon and ps241 are a reflection of the Jets in general; they won't dig down deep when the chips are down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad