• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Doesn't mean shit if he gets drafted in the top 4 but still...

I'd honestly give up a decent package to move up to #3 to secure Demidov if the Blackhawks go with Lev.

I think the price we'd pay to move up would pale in comparison to what we'd have to pay in 3 years to trade for him...

With that said I'd be happy with Lindstrom at #5, but Demidov is the dream. Always has been.

Reactions: Rozz and habsfan891

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Remember guys I'm just the messenger here.. :)

Listened to McGuire on TSN690 earlier today and he said if Iginla is there at 5 he'd be shocked if the Habs didn't take him. Yes he actually said shocked. I guess it's a possibility depending on who's still available @ 5 but I'd be kinda shocked the other way if they did take him @ 5 TBH.

He was asked who he liked better between Iginla and Sennecke and he seemed to prefer Iginla. Said Iginla scores easier for him and thinks he's the better skater between the 2. Still liked Sennecke and called him a good player and said he was more of a playmaker to him.

He also still really likes Eiserman and thinks he's the most pure goal scorer in this draft right behind Demidov.

McGuire is also very high on Helenius and thinks he could go top 10 and could go anywhere between 5th - 9th.

Full audio. Draft talk in the 2nd half of the segment.

Reactions: Expos94 and Saxon

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020

Listened to McGuire on TSN690 earlier today and he said if Iginla is there at 5 he'd be shocked if the Habs didn't take him. Yes he actually said shocked. I guess it's a possibility depending on who's still available @ 5 but I'd be kinda shocked the other way if they did take him @ 5 TBH.

He was asked who he liked better between Iginla and Sennecke and he seemed to prefer Iginla. Said Iginla scores easier for him and thinks he's the better skater between the 2. Still liked Sennecke and called him a good player and said he was more of a playmaker to him.

He also still really likes Eiserman and thinks he's the most pure goal scorer in this draft right behind Demidov.

McGuire is also very high on Helenius and thinks he could go top 10 and could go anywhere between 5th - 9th.

Demidov isn't even the most pure goal scorer in the draft, probably not even top 5 lol. I wouldn't even categorize him as a goal scorer first and foremost.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

McGuire has been repeating on Melnick’s show what he first said on his podcast about 6-weeks ago, if he were making 5OA pick even Lidstorm & Demigod on the board, he’d select Iginla

Melnick asked repeatedly even with Lidstrom
& Demigid available - McGuire said yes… no contest

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

Good thing McGuire doesn't know anything.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

48 HOURS LEFT BOIZ

It's be a long couple of months but we can finally see the finishing line. :)

caveira-skeleton.gif

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
McGuire said the same this about Tkachuk pre 2018 draft

Button & McGuire both have strong belief Iginla’s been taught intricacies about the game other prospects simply lack over & above physical attributes

Oh I have no doubt that Iginla will be a very good NHL player. I think he'll be a very good top 6 player. The only gripe I have on him is that I strongly believe there are a number of players that will be better than him that will be available to us at #5.

To say you'd be completed shocked if Iginla wasn't drafted by the Habs at #5 if available given the info that has come out since the combine just kind of shows that he really is out of the loop.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I love Buium. I do. I have him at 5. But passing on Demidov for him? Eesh...that would be hard to see....

If Iginla wasn't Jarome's son would people be as high on him?
47 goals and 84 points as a really YOUNG 17 year old is a top 5 feat IF you have the size of an NHL'er. He does.

Reactions: Expos94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad