Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 62 15.9%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
How high do you guys have Boisvert going?

He’s a big centre and there aren’t a lot of them available in this draft. Him and Hage could definitely rise up unsuspectingly like Hayton and Danielson. Probably not as high as Hayton, but would I be surprised to see one sneak into the Top 10? Not really. I suspect they both go in that 10-20 range.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
The Isles have a terrible prospect pool. I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade down yet again. Maybe the Habs would want to move up 6 spots to grab someone.

Isles trade down again
Then again
Then again
Then again

...Ending up trading their first for 5 2nd and 2 3rd :popcorn:

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
He’s a big centre and there aren’t a lot of them available in this draft. Him and Hage could definitely rise up unsuspectingly like Hayton and Danielson. Probably not as high as Hayton, but would I be surprised to see one sneak into the Top 10? Not really. I suspect they both go in that 10-20 range.
Ideally he moves to wing in the NHL IMO. He has some weaknesses in carrying and distributing the puck.

More of a Nick Foligno type.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
If you're pointing fingers at me here, you got the wrong guy. I explicitely said earlier in this thread that I know Iginla has nothing in common with either Tkachuk brother.

This is the situation that's eerily similar. i.e. this fanbase falling in love with a "lanky tall guy" with "great offensive potential", "awkward style" who still has to "fill his body".

Oh, and saying "bloodlines don't matter", "you need to get more of an impact forward than {player of your choosing} at position {wherever we picked in 2018 and 2024}", because of a perceived "low ceiling".

This is a carbon copy of what happened 6 years back.

Still, nobody can tell me Tij Iginla's compete level and engagement without the puck is inferior to Sennecke's. There are sequences of Sennecke out there where he's completely disintererested. There aren't a ton of sequences of Iginla floating around of cheating and going to the offensive blue line when the puck is still at the goal line in his own zone. Nor is there a lot of sequences where the guy is just completely static and dropping his coverage.

Couple that with the fact that there are TONS of scouts who seem pretty split on whether this guy has what it takes to be a good pro (Scott Wheeler article, this report from the scout on the RDS page...), I'm not sure why people are acting as if Sennecke is a safe pick. He's not. He's pretty much the guy who has the biggest potential to be a bust in all names discussed at 5.

We're literally the only fanbase rooting for this guy that high.
Looking like a player is ‘’involved’’ doesn’t mean they are more than the player who does the same thing but more effortlessly and doesn’t look like they’re as intense as the other player.

Gallagher looks more intense than Suzuki, does it means he accomplish more?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
my inconsistent 'insider' contact who was informed way ahead of time on the Price drinking issue, but failed on the Subban return to the habs just before he retired, insists he's been told by numerous people around the org that habs are drafting Iginla

This is when you know they're just grabbing at straws. They haven't even had the combine yet, finalized their list or any guess on how the draft will go. Demidov could be there at 5, saying they'll draft Iginla in May is insane. Doesn't check out.

Reactions: Habsrule

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
This is when you know they're just grabbing at straws. They haven't even had the combine yet, finalized their list or any guess on how the draft will go. Demidov could be there at 5, saying they'll draft Iginla in May is insane. Doesn't check out.
I don't disagree with you. but the dude is at habs get togethers, golf tourneys is close with Pete Mahovolich who's a pro scout with the panthers. Guess we'll see

Reactions: Runner77

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I don't disagree with you. but the dude is at habs get togethers, golf tourneys is close with Pete Mahovolich who's a pro scout with the panthers. Guess we'll see

That seems like the perfect position to hear about Price's issues, but not the draft plans.

At best, he's heard the preference of some of the scouts, but no way he would know the actual draft plan (that we 100% know isn't actually in place yet).

EDIT: I should know, my dad played old guy hockey with Serge Boisvert who's pretty much the 3rd in command (international crossover scout) and never heard any real insider info about the draft. Doesn't play with him anymore though has my dad transitioned to the 60+ league while Boisvert is still in the 50+ league (and was still one of the best guys despite being 64 because he actually played in the NHL and not many of those in Trois-Rivieres).

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

What I'd say is it's more likely that they like him and he's talked about as an option. Saying anyone is their pick at this point is just an actual impossibility, not that he couldn't be right, but there's so much that can and will change between now and then, being that definitive this far out isn't really authentic.

Let’s hope you’re right! Do you think they would take him over Demidov?

I don't, no.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Cherry picked stats that means nothing.

Remove the 50 goal threshold but keep the 115 points and suddenly Marco Rossi (39 goals 120 points) and Nic Petan(46 goals 120 points) names pop.

Catton does not have any elite quality that Crosby/Kane/Bedard had.

I think he's obviously not going to be as good as those guys, but I do think that if he somehow falls out of the top 10, people are going to go crazy in redrafts in a few years. He is a legit option at 5.

You could tell me he ends up 2nd best prospect of the draft and I'd believe you.

Reactions: bcv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad