Votes: 62 15.9%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't think I agree there, I feel like the right D are going to be significantly overdrafted just like they were last year. Elick and Emery shouldn't sniff the first round but they'll probably be gone by the time we pick.

That's what he is saying though.. is that he thinks it means they'll take Levshunov at 2 because at 18 you likely have your pick of forwards, but the defenseman will be scarce and not that impactful.

The most connected draft analyst out there has both Demidov and Lindstrom gone in the top 5, it's not some crazy speculation to think they both might be gone by 4 instead of 5.

Bob McKenzie had Lindstrom at 5 which is where we pick. Pronman who is the most accurate singular dude just mocked us Demidov.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
That's what he is saying though.. is that he thinks it means they'll take Levshunov at 2 because at 18 you likely have your pick of forwards, but the defenseman will be scarce and not that impactful.

Bob McKenzie had Lindstrom at 5 which is where we pick. Pronman who is the most accurate singular dude just mocked us Demidov.
Gotcha, I misread it at first. I'm starting to believe in Demigod at 5

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

I think Cole Hutson would disagree. They need Hutson a whole lot more than they need Levshunov (they have quite a few D prospects).

Vili Saarijärvi (D)
Ethan Del Mastro (D)
Sam Rinzel (D)
Wyatt Kaiser (D)
Nolan Allan (D)
Filip Roos (D)
Michael Krutil (D)
Janne Peltonen (D)
Isaak Phillips (D)
Jakub Galvas (D)
Connor Kelley (D)
Louis Crevier (D)
Taige Harding (D)
Jaycob Megna (D)

In fact, I'm fairly confident they would take Dickinson because he looks a lot lower risk and then take Hutson. Silayev is also an option if they go hunting for size with the prospect of getting Hutson after.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think Cole Hutson would disagree. They need Hutson a whole lot more than they need Levshunov (they have quite a few D prospects).

In fact, I'm fairly confident they would take Dickinson because he looks a lot lower risk and then take Hutson. Silayev is also an option if they go hunting for size with the prospect of getting Hutson after.

They have a similar imbalance on the left side. The Hawks have basically nothing on the right side, not sure they'd want Cole Hutson when they already have Korchinski.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
They have a similar imbalance on the left side. The Hawks have basically nothing on the right side, not sure they'd want Cole Hutson when they already have Korchinski.

They don't have the PP guy to play with Bedard yet, and I don't think spending big capital on that person is wise, especially when you can get a player like that a bit later.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah at 18 you have a decent shot at one of Hage, MBN, Greentree, Boisvert. Makes sense. Still odd to pull the move off now before you know who is really available at that spot. Unless the Blackhawks have built a list and think there’s a clear top 18

Reactions: Habsrule

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They don't have the PP guy to play with Bedard yet

Korchinski.

Yeah at 18 you have a decent shot at one of Hage, MBN, Greentree, Boisvert. Makes sense. Still odd to pull the move off now before you know who is really available at that spot. Unless the Blackhawks have built a list and think there’s a clear top 18

MO Beaudoin just posted they have big interest in Boisvert. Sucks for me cause I liked him for us with WPG.

Reactions: Vachon23

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Even Sennecke might be around, although this is a lot less likely now.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Even Sennecke might be around, although this is a lot less likely now.
I guess you never know but he seems to have clawed his way into that 2nd tier of forwards (Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla). I think there’s more of a chance that someone like Eiserman or Connelly drops to 18.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's what I'm referring to. There's a very real possibility that he'll go one or two spots above 5,

Of the scouts he surveyed, 2 had Lindstrom at 5th, 2 had him at 4th and 2 had him at 3rd.

I wouldn't twist yourself out of shape about it, we are more than likely getting Lindstrom or Demidov. The likelihood of only ONE of the highly touted D going in the top 4 is way less likely than the alternative.

Reactions: HURRICANES ROCK

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I guess you never know but he seems to have clawed his way into that 2nd tier of forwards (Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla). I think there’s more of a chance that someone like Eiserman or Connelly drops to 18.
Oh definitely, I'm just saying they might have it as a remote possibility. In any case, trying to nab a really good forward who might have slipped a bit could very well be the strategy. You might be on to something with Eiserman, he would be the type.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
1716578087554.png

This stuff should cast enough doubt on him that the top 4 teams would go D rather than Lindstrom

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Decades of misery :sarcasm:.
If handled wisely, this coming draft will provide a powerful antidote for this accumulated misery.

Even a general manager of the acknowledged limitations of Houle would be hard pressed to screw up the selection at 5 OA. Iginla, Lindstrom, Sennecke, Buium, etc. or whomever of the usual suspects we select, will be an important cog of our team going forward.

This is an usually deep draft with many teams realizing that high quality, impactful players will be available throughout the first round and at the top of the second round. Many teams will try to manoeuvre themselves into a position where they can participate in the bounty of talent available. This ongoing manoeuvring and jockeying for draft position was confirmed in today’s announced trade between Chicago and the Islanders. It won’t be the last of this type of transaction . Such is the strength of this draft.

I am hoping that Hughes is judicious in his handling of the now confirmed 26 OA pick. Unless offered a bounty, Hughes should hold on to this valuable asset and use it to draft a player who stands a substantive chance of becoming a core player in the near, if not immediate future.

Last edited:

HURRICANES ROCK

Nov 17, 2007
Making a trade without even knowing who's available yet at that spot is mighty peculiar. Really curious to see what it's going to mean strategy wise.
That is a strange trade. To go from 20 to 18 is virtually a nothing move unless Chicago is going to keep trading up a few spots to get to say 10th or something.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
If handled wisely, this coming draft will provide a powerful antidote for this accumulated misery.

Even a general manager of the acknowledged limitations of Houle would be hard pressed to screw up the selection at 5 OA. Iginla, Lindstrom, Sennecke, Buium, etc. or whomever of the usual suspects we select, will be an important cog of our team going forward.

This is an usually deep draft with many teams realizing that high quality, impactful players will be available throughout the first round and at the top of the second round. Many teams will try to manoeuvre themselves into a position where they can participate in the bounty of talent available. This ongoing manoeuvring and jockeying for draft position confirmed in today’s announced trade between Chicago and the Islanders. It won’t be the last of this type of transaction . Such is the strength of this draft.

I am hoping that Hughes is judicious in his handling of the now confirmed 26 OA pick. Unless offered a bounty, Hughes should hold on to this valuable asset and use it to draft a player who stands a substantive chance of becoming a core player in the near, if not immediate future.
A Petr Svoboda at 5 surprise. More at 11…

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
View attachment 875319

This stuff should cast enough doubt on him that the top 4 teams would go D rather than Lindstrom
"He's still a ways away" is vague, but not very reassuring.

It'll be interesting to see how Montreal handles their pick if he's there at 5 but they're concerned about his back. We already have one big center that can't stay healthy, is there a chance they'd shy away from grabbing another if the outlook is questionable enough?

If Lindstrom drops due to injuries then Helenius might become a very real option. Dach is injury prone, has a terrible track record at faceoffs and missed a pretty crucial year of development. So I somewhat expect them to target a player that projects as an NHL capable center, which for the most part leaves Catton and Helenius.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If I was a team picking a D, it would be Buium. Won't be as good/dominant as Maker . . . but not that far off. Also, his brother Shiah is 6'4" so Zeev will likely grow a little more and max. out around 6'2".

Not necessarily. Jason Robertson is 6'3 (Dallas). His brother Nick is only 5'10 (Toronto). Nick didn't get the genetic advantage at all when it came to height.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad