• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 62 15.9%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It'd be hard to pass on him if he was somehow there at 5. I'm pretty sure the trade value of that pick would sky rocket if he dropped that far, so maybe a team would call with an impressive offer.
I don't know if I'd trade him. The player coming back would need to be a game changer for our club. Anything is possible though

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
It'd be hard to pass on him if he was somehow there at 5. I'm pretty sure the trade value of that pick would sky rocket if he dropped that far, so maybe a team would call with an impressive offer.
Exactly. It depends on what the offers are for that pick, if any. If they're crazy good and you can still draft top 10, do it.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I saw some advanced stats that showed that Sennecke is far more involved than Iginla defensively. So this notion that he’s boom or bust and Iginla is safe because of effort is again predicated entirely on who his father is. I really like Iginla, but we got to stop creating this perfect image of him because of Jarome.

The same people tend to point to Tkachuk as an example. You know there’s two of them right? Brady is a lot more like Keith. Matthew is on another level. And like Keith, Brady is showing himself to be just a stat compiler.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
There are so many freaking red flags around Sennecke, and I'm growingly sure it's going to be him that's our pick.

I'm rooting for Iginla, but I won't be disappointed for a second if we draft Lindstrom. The guy is a special package.
And the red flags with Michkov were all way overblown. Go figure

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I saw some advanced stats that showed that Sennecke is far more involved than Iginla defensively. So this notion that he’s boom or bust and Iginla is safe because of effort is again predicated entirely on who his father is. I really like Iginla, but we got to stop creating this perfect image of him because of Jarome.

The same people tend to point to Tkachuk as an example. You know there’s two of them right? Brady is a lot more like Keith. Matthew is on another level. And like Keith, Brady is showing himself to be just a stat compiler.

If you're pointing fingers at me here, you got the wrong guy. I explicitely said earlier in this thread that I know Iginla has nothing in common with either Tkachuk brother.

This is the situation that's eerily similar. i.e. this fanbase falling in love with a "lanky tall guy" with "great offensive potential", "awkward style" who still has to "fill his body".

Oh, and saying "bloodlines don't matter", "you need to get more of an impact forward than {player of your choosing} at position {wherever we picked in 2018 and 2024}", because of a perceived "low ceiling".

This is a carbon copy of what happened 6 years back.

Still, nobody can tell me Tij Iginla's compete level and engagement without the puck is inferior to Sennecke's. There are sequences of Sennecke out there where he's completely disintererested. There aren't a ton of sequences of Iginla floating around of cheating and going to the offensive blue line when the puck is still at the goal line in his own zone. Nor is there a lot of sequences where the guy is just completely static and dropping his coverage.

Couple that with the fact that there are TONS of scouts who seem pretty split on whether this guy has what it takes to be a good pro (Scott Wheeler article, this report from the scout on the RDS page...), I'm not sure why people are acting as if Sennecke is a safe pick. He's not. He's pretty much the guy who has the biggest potential to be a bust in all names discussed at 5.

We're literally the only fanbase rooting for this guy that high.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
If I was a team picking a D, it would be Buium. Won't be as good/dominant as Maker . . . but not that far off. Also, his brother Shiah is 6'4" so Zeev will likely grow a little more and max. out around 6'2".
I agree with this 100%. I think he will be the best dman from this draft class in a couple years.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We are only preparing ourselves for another question mark pick like the Reinbacher one. Not sure we are rooting....Don't worry, if we don't pick Sennecke...we'll suddenly see a SURGE of people saying how it's great we didn't go that way....If we do pick him....it will be a festival of let's wait 5 years. And it's fine. We will have to wait. And in his case, we will wait longer than Reinbacher. Kid has tons of filling to do. Another junior year. 1 or 2 years in the AHL.

Having said that, Sennecke would be really interesting to follow. Tons of qualities that needs to be perfected. Really interesting.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If you're pointing fingers at me here, you got the wrong guy. I explicitely said earlier in this thread that I know Iginla has nothing in common with either Tkachuk brother.

This is the situation that's eerily similar. i.e. this fanbase falling in love with a "lanky tall guy" with "great offensive potential", "awkward style" who still has to "fill his body".

Oh, and saying "bloodlines don't matter", "you need to get more of an impact forward than {player of your choosing} at position {wherever we picked in 2018 and 2024}", because of a perceived "low ceiling".

This is a carbon copy of what happened 6 years back.

Still, nobody can tell me Tij Iginla's compete level and engagement without the puck is inferior to Sennecke's. There are sequences of Sennecke out there where he's completely disintererested. There aren't a ton of sequences of Iginla floating around of cheating and going to the offensive blue line when the puck is still at the goal line in his own zone. Nor is there a lot of sequences where the guy is just completely static and dropping his coverage.

Couple that with the fact that there are TONS of scouts who seem pretty split on whether this guy has what it takes to be a good pro (Scott Wheeler article, this report from the scout on the RDS page...), I'm not sure why people are acting as if Sennecke is a safe pick. He's not. He's pretty much the guy who has the biggest potential to be a bust in all names discussed at 5.

Sensitive much? If I was speaking to you specifically, I would have quoted you.

No, this is nothing like KK. It’s way too simplistic to compare Sennecke to KK, they are nothing alike other than being 6’2. The only reason it looks awkward is because he grew 5 inches in a span of months. But he’s in complete control and doesn’t fall over everywhere.

And your evaluation of compete=defensively responsible is just plain wrong. Yakupov was someone that skated around all the time looking like he was active when in reality he wasn’t accomplishing anything. Gallagher is like this too.

I’m rooting for anyone we pick, I see a lot of positive qualities in a lot of these players, Sennecke included. I’m not saying I prefer him to Iginla, but again, this whole “bloodlines” thing is just grasping at straws. I can turn it around and say Tij has never had a hard day in his life since he grew up in a multimillion dollar household. It just fits whatever narrative you want it to fit.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Sensitive much? If I was speaking to you specifically, I would have quoted you.

No, this is nothing like KK. It’s way too simplistic to compare Sennecke to KK, they are nothing alike other than being 6’2. The only reason it looks awkward is because he grew 5 inches in a span of months. But he’s in complete control and doesn’t fall over everywhere.

And your evaluation of compete=defensively responsible is just plain wrong. Yakupov was someone that skated around all the time looking like he was active when in reality he wasn’t accomplishing anything. Gallagher is like this too.

I’m rooting for anyone we pick, I see a lot of positive qualities in a lot of these players, Sennecke included. I’m not saying I prefer him to Iginla, but again, this whole “bloodlines” thing is just grasping at straws. I can turn it around and say Tij has never had a hard day in his life since he grew up in a multimillion dollar household. It just fits whatever narrative you want it to fit.
"SeNsItIvE MuCh?!" :laugh:

You've been literally implying I said something I didn't say two separate times. Plus I'm not the one getting in a fight with every second person in here.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Yea, thought we might try to do that but honestly if it costs a second to move up 2 spots it feels like it will cost another first to move from 26 to 15
Either another 1st or a top prospect. It's rich but ya never know :)

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
If all top four forwards are gone...I take Levshunov.
If Celebrini, Demidov, Catton, and Iginla are gone? I'll go Lindstrom or Sennecke.

Although if we do have to go D, I frankly would rather just go best available and take Buium or Dickinson.

Every connected draft analyst

"The least likely option is both Demidov and Lindstrom are gone when the Habs are picking."

HF Habs
"What do we do because it's assured 4 forwards are going in the top 4"

What made us like this?
I'd argue it's more likely that Demidov is available than both him and Lindstrom are gone.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

"The least likely option is both Demidov and Lindstrom are gone when the Habs are picking."

HF Habs

What made us like this?
10 years with Bergevin, a handful with Houle, and who knows how many with The Ghost. Hab fans are like those women who keep hooking up with wife beaters.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
"SeNsItIvE MuCh?!" :laugh:

You've been literally implying I said something I didn't say two separate times. Plus I'm not the one getting in a fight with every second person in here.
I posted a general message and you thought I was targeting you specifically and you started arguing. But I’m the one “picking fights” :laugh:

Let’s just move on

HF Habs

What made us like this?
We are so used to not having nice things. I take it that it’s the same reason some posters kept arguing Slafkovsky was rushed to the NHL as he was putting up points every game.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019

HF Habs

What made us like this?
The most connected draft analyst out there has both Demidov and Lindstrom gone in the top 5, it's not some crazy speculation to think they both might be gone by 4 instead of 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad