Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 61 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I’d rather take a swing on Justin Poirier in the 2nd. He’s going to be a project because he’s got some flaws, but I think with the right support and development staff, he can become a good NHL player. I think we finally have that in both Laval and Montreal.

Reactions: Mrb1p and Gustave

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I’d rather take a swing on Justin Poirier in the 2nd. He’s going to be a project because he’s got some flaws, but I think with the right support and development staff, he can become a good NHL player. I think we finally have that in both Laval and Montreal.
What makes you think he won't be available in the 3rd then?

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
If you watch anyone's highlights looking for blown or weak d coverage you'll find it on literally every goal, because goals don't happen without mistakes from the other team's defense.
Agreed. The ability to spot opportunities and capitalize on mistakes is something that all elite offensive players have.

The assertion that Catton is the only player in the WHL that defenders are rolling over for is clown shit.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Linstrom's playoffs? 1 goal with 1 assist in 4 games (14 PIM). ;)

To be fair, I do see Lindstrom's potential. I just have hockey IQ and play making/vision concerns. Combined with the injury and no U18's to evaluate.

Having the ability to see how his game translates at the U18's against the best his age was something I would have been very much interested in.
I have been tracking rankings for 10 years and Button's list is no better and no worse than the rest. Its his opinion. And one thing is certain - the concensus rankings always end up to be way off too. I actual like it when Button goes off the norm The other place that is never shy to be bold in their rankings is Hockey Prospect (Black Book). They haven't updated their public rankings since January but at that time they had Levshunov as 12 and Lindstrom at 2.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
We can use Avs' second rounder: ~54 if I'm not wrong.

Edit: 56 I think.

A lot of stuff can be made to reach the top 17

1716510273803.png

Reactions: Shutdown

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
As long as HuGo keeps their eyes on the prize (a forward)..

"Ouuuu look, a big D is availa-" Shut up Bobrov, turn your head. There's forwards right there waiting to be picked.

Reactions: LesHabitants

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
I haven’t seen any highlights but I hope they pick iginla because of his genetics . More likely to be a durable player and thus a great playoff performer .

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
So he’s Lindstrom without the injury history…??

This kid is slick
Nothing like Lindstrom as Sennecke is more of a soft-skill/hands player while Lindstrom is more north/south and physical. I like both of them but both have some obvious flaws that make you hesitate. I think Sennecke has a higher offensive ceiling and Lindstrom is a little safer with a higher floor.

I take Iginla over both right now as he is a mix of the two albeit in a smaller package but there are no glaring weaknesses. I would be happy with any of these three if HuGo believe in them after interviews and talking to their coaches, teammates and others in the hockey community who can provide insight that we do not have.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I haven’t seen any highlights but I hope they pick iginla because of his genetics . More likely to be a durable player and thus a great playoff performer .

I like him a lot but genetics/blood line is certainly not a primary consideration.

Sam Dickinson is still more interesting prospect than Lindstrom, Sennecker and Iginla. Surefire top 1D in the league and will be a future captain. Having him and Reinbacher as 1a 1b D is immense for the rebuild. More than a top 6 winger/2C or a project like Sennecke that comes with high rewards but still high risks.

I agree that Dickinson is an absolute stud and may even be the best defender in the draft. I don't think we will select him due to our absurd depth at LD but he is awfully tough to pass on.

People putting Parekh ahead of him are out to lunch imo. I will go out on a limb and say that Cole Hutson will be better than Parekh when it is all said and done.

Last edited:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
As far as I’m aware, Tij’s mom is a total bust as an NHL hockey player. Never produced in the playoffs, slight frame, weak on the puck. I expect a mom that’s a farm girl with wide shoulders, strong legs, a mean streak, 1ppg in the playoffs, and can trace her lineage to Charlemagne - I’m not interested in measuring “bloodlines” otherwise.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I have been tracking rankings for 10 years and Button's list is no better and no worse than the rest. Its his opinion. And one thing is certain - the concensus rankings always end up to be way off too. I actual like it when Button goes off the norm The other place that is never shy to be bold in their rankings is Hockey Prospect (Black Book). They haven't updated their public rankings since January but at that time they had Levshunov as 12 and Lindstrom at 2.

I do think fans get emotionally tied to the popular rankings out there. Not trying to defend Button at all though. I just think he makes his list and doesn't care about popularity.

The movement from September - Mid - End of season in the draft year is always something I track as well. This draft has a fair amount of movement but that top 13 looks solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad