Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 61 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Should remain this way and we need to get bigger.

Look what Florida did to the Rangers last night. That's a big team win, that's what it does. Sure playing big is more than size, it's playing physically. But we can't have too many players that are so small that playing big becomes inconsistent.

Post your beefcake draft list.

Reactions: Mrb1p

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
At 5, theres nobody risk free.

Lindstrom is gonna be a beast. Look at the playoffs and try to covince me he won’t be a difference maker.
I didn't write risk free, I said less risk. Lindstrom missed more than half a season in development therefor more risks.

You want to look at Lindstrom playing, not the virtual version you are building of him. ;-)

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I didn't write risk free, I said less risk. Lindstrom missed more than half a season in development therefor more risks.

You want to look at Lindstrom playing, not the virtual version you are building of him. ;-)

The only reason we have a chance of drafting him, it’s because of his injury. If he stays healthy all year, he’s going top 3 and in front of demidov in ranking. It a blessing in disguise.

He looked like a man amongst childs before his injury, while being 17 years old. Im not building any virtual version of him whatsoever.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
1716467839094.png

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
A sub replacement level forward is still a bad 1st round pick regardless of them playing 2.5 full seasons
McCarron is good now bro get with the times, 8th on the Preds in goals, he'd have been 8th on the Habs in goals too. 100 PIM in 70 games.

Obviously some better guys picked after him but we don't expect perfection out of Hughes either

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Advanced metrics and analytic stats bring a lot of interesting angles to a scouting discussion, but it definitely should never be THE main tool you use to rate a player. There's just too many variables and in the end you can make the numbers say pretty much whatever you want them to.

Agree but his models is not advanced metrics or analytic stats.

Its baseless, simple formula.

A point in the NHL = 0.3 CHL points, 0.4 liiga points, 0.5 shl points, etc etc.

And then, how a player has scored versus how others have scored and how have they ended up. (Stars 0.7ppg career or NHLer 200games+)

Nothing else is taken into account, and how do we compare league production really? Context are so important and so different.

Its bullshit.

He had Slafkovsky 14th overall, Stutzle 13OV, yet he masturbate on players like Matthew Phillips.

Because that is exactly what his model indicate. Points and nothing else.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Demidov, Lindstrom or Iginla at 5 please.

The rebuild will be perfect to me. Adding a offensive talent like that, to complete Slaf, Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Roy, Newhook... very nice!

Reactions: bopeep and Habsrule

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
At 5, theres nobody risk free.

Lindstrom is gonna be a beast. Look at the playoffs and try to covince me he won’t be a difference maker.

Linstrom's playoffs? 1 goal with 1 assist in 4 games (14 PIM). ;)

To be fair, I do see Lindstrom's potential. I just have hockey IQ and play making/vision concerns. Combined with the injury and no U18's to evaluate.

Having the ability to see how his game translates at the U18's against the best his age was something I would have been very much interested in.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Rewatch it and look out for blown D coverage or weak D coverage. I want to see video with him on how he works in actual traffic and against D that knows what they are doing. Because when you turn pro, the time/space is reduced and there are many guys bigger/stronger. You see so many guys his size struggle when they turn pro. He likely never touches 200 lbs. Probably a 180 type with not much grit.

I value Catton but taking him 5th is a reach. He's 10-13 range IMO. I have concerns with Lindstrom but Lindstrom is ahead of Catton slightly for me.

I've done the nit pick game on most of the forwards so far. The least amount I can find is with Tij Iginla. My best advice with the pretender scouts is to watch it looking for mistakes or negatives. See how much you can find. A bit of a switch vs looking for the good stuff only.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doublechin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad