• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 65 16.5%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I get the idea of the Chicago needing to bolster their RD, but I'm not convinced Levshunov should be the move here if they stick at #2.
It 100% should be RDs are alot more valuable then wingers specially when that def has all the tools to become a #1 then you add that dmens take longer to develop and that the next 2 years will have great forward prospects to take I dont believe for a second that CHI will take Demidov at 2

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
but ignoring needs entirely gets you the decade of smurf Hab hockey.
At some point you have to take swings on bigger guys with skill.

I'd be interested in seeing this is true when it comes to the draft table; I don't recall the Habs using their first round picks on many small players during Timmins' time, if anything Caufield seems like an outlier looking back.

Seems more like the small players ended up carrying the day mostly because the Habs kept striking out on their non-smurf picks, if anything.

Reactions: McGees

HURRICANES ROCK

Nov 17, 2007
Not as impressed by Lindstrom as many around here, I don't see him at C and don't think he has more than ~65 pt powerforward potential. Still valuable, but he's closer to 10 on my list.
I have seen Lindstrom live more than once and it was like men against boys. He has the "potential" to be a top 10-15 player in the NHL if he is healthy. Very interesting player.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Cant wait til draft or at very least BMacs final list

Currently, everything that has been said has been discussed many times and going in circles at this point.

And the Canucks were eliminated so i dont even have the hate fire for playoffs. Bored lol
We could shift discussion to the second pick Habs’ own, which could be interesting.

Just wish it was a top 20, better options.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
This draft is looking unpredictable but you know what IS predictable?
Half the fan base hating our pick.

And if we all like it that means it will probably be a bust

question is how will he play when he can’t over power everyone like he does in junior.

Well technically he will probably over power most NHL players when he fills out as an adult too, so that shouldn’t be a problem lol

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
question is how will he play when he can’t over power everyone like he does in junior.
His game is not all about power, it's only one aspect. As another poster pointed out, he will still over power NHL players once (if) he fills out his frame.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
On smaller forwards, I think if they can still play their game when things get nasty, that’s good.

And how strong on their skates are they? Some guys are just too easily bumped off the puck.

Luchanko isn’t big, but he’s a good, strong skater. I was impressed with him in the OHL playoffs. Would be a nice pick at 26.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Speaking of Lindstrom, his agent apparently sent his entire medical file to the 32 teams today , plus reports by his doctors, so they don't seem to think there's anything worth hiding health wise, which is good news.
Good news for who? The better he looks, the more likely he falls to one of the 2-4 teams. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad