Votes: 11 3.4%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 16.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.3%

• Total voters

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
Knowing this team, Demidov will somehow fall which would give an extremely rare chance at drafting him and then we’ll draft Catton or Parekh instead

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
This is a tough year to not draft a defenceman, for sure. You better hit on a good forward because chances are one of Dickinson, Buium, Silayev, Parekh and maybe even Yakemchuk are going to be hard to find players.
I'll give management the benefit of the doubt for now, but yeah Michkov+Buium/Silayev instead of Iginla/Sennecke+Reinbacher seems like a no brainer to me.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Why is anyone even mentioning Catton? He’s 11th on Bob’s list with no chance to bring his stock up since his season is over, and Bobrov/Gorton just don’t want a small player. He just isn’t an actual option.
Who cares about that. Forbserg wasn't an option in 2012 and I still wanted him, should I have not mentionned him because scouts are dumb?

I'll give management the benefit of the doubt for now, but yeah Michkov+Buium/Silayev instead of Iginla/Sennecke+Reinbacher seems like a no brainer to me.
Michkov/Levshunov is where it's at IMO. RB=AL and Michkov >>> anything else. Then we can focus on size in the 2023 and 2024 picks.

Lets hope Michkov really takes 4 years to come in and let's hope he's a good but unspectafular player.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Who cares about that. Forbserg wasn't an option in 2012 and I still wanted him, should I have not mentionned him because scouts are dumb?

Michkov/Levshunov is where it's at IMO. RB=AL and Michkov >>> anything else. Then we can focus on size in the 2023 and 2024 picks.

Lets hope Michkov really takes 4 years to come in and let's hope he's a good but unspectafular player.
I'm not huge on Levshunov, I think his upside is Sergachev and while he's good he's a #3 ideally. Buium or Dickinson would be better with Michkov IMO.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

I personally prefer Silayev/Buium. Buium has more superstar potential and Silayev will be a force in the playoffs.

If Michkov doesn't pan out, I'll admit I was wrong. That being said, some posters here are massive hypocrites for saying "It's hard to get a proper evaluation of Michkov" but then also say "Michkov isn't someone you'd want in the playoffs". Well, which is it?

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I personally prefer Silayev/Buium. Buium has more superstar potential and Silayev will be a force in the playoffs.

If Michkov doesn't pan out, I'll admit I was wrong. That being said, some posters here are massive hypocrites for saying "It's hard to get a proper evaluation of Michkov" but then also say "Michkov isn't someone you'd want in the playoffs". Well, which is it?
That and the character assassinations, or saying he isn't a hard worker lmao. Absolute nonsense from some people in here.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm not huge on Levshunov, I think his upside is Sergachev and while he's good he's a #3 ideally. Buium or Dickinson would be better with Michkov IMO.
Buium is far and away the best D available but Dickinson has a lot of traits similar to Levshunov and isn't a RD. Levshunovs activation is also much better than Dickinson IMO. He's just wants it more in the Ozone, not unlike Sergachev

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

That and the character assassinations, or saying he isn't a hard worker lmao. Absolute nonsense from some people in here.
Yep. Absolute dingleberries. And now the same people are clamoring for Demidov lmao.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Thinking there were too many stories out there, about Michkov and we all know what HuGo wants for culture, and character. Kids who show positive attributes, are the ones the boys get hung up on.

Look at Slaf..................so many people thought we got that one wrong, and we did not, we hit a home run.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Thinking there were too many stories out there, about Michkov and we all know what HuGo wants for culture, and character. Kids who show positive attributes, are the ones the boys get hung up on.

Look at Slaf..................so many people thought we got that one wrong, and we did not, we hit a home run.
But how do we know he doesn't show positive attributes? Like I said, I'll admit I was wrong if it ends up being the case, but many here are acting like they fully know who Michkov is as a person and how good his game will translate when they spent all of last year saying it's impossible to properly evaluate him.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
But how do we know he doesn't show positive attributes? Like I said, I'll admit I was wrong if it ends up being the case, but many here are acting like they fully know who Michkov is as a person and how good his game will translate when they spent all of last year saying it's impossible to properly evaluate him.
Because of completely made up rumours about his character by media members trying to prep people for Montreal not to draft him

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Good points, but the habs have Bobrov, and he has people on the ground, talking watching and listening.....
Trust the process....

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
It's gonna be a D boys. Lindstrom/Iginla are just not in that tier.

Guhle-Reinbacher
Dickinson, Buium, Levshunov - Mailloux
Hutson-Xhekaj
Struble-Engstrom

Matheson,Savard,Kovacevic, Barron,Harris trade chips

IMG_7813.gif.aa0aa4217d710d28e94961893a0a94bb.gif

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Noone's sleeping on him. But that's the draft, guaranteed we will be missing out on a lot of good players. Just gotta make sure the one we drafted are going to fit in with our team.

With that said, Dickinson is not my choice. Not at 5th OA. A top 6 forward should be the number one priority, imo.
A top 3 forward and nothing less. Otherwise go top 2 d man. We don’t want a second line forward with the 5th pick.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

I think Michkov absolutely cheats for offense, but I never got the impression he was a substandard worker in puck battles. Maybe a little weak at times in the KHL, yet he is still young as hell...

My general rule of thumb: if you're under a certain height, say 6'2'', conventional wisdom types will always nitpick imperfections in a player's game, even if it's perceived rather than material. A 5'10'' player can have one bad playoff, and people will question their effectiveness; a 6'3'' can have five ineffective playoffs, but all they need is that one serie to confirm "you win with them."

As an aside, I think Mitch Marner and the notoriety of being a Maple Leaf has only further skewed this perspective over the past decade.

Edit: Just so I have all my ducks in order, this is different from the argument regarding overall team size. Using Chicago as an example, the idea that taking Demidov or even a Catton would not solve the overall undersizing of their forward prospect group is a legitimate argument, even if it's not absolute.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Topics which are apparently Haram in this thread:

Left shot defencemen
Berkley Catton

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Catton's my 3 and I don't discuss him in any scenario that we aren't trading down because I accept what is being said around the team or by the team as fact.

That Michkov smokescreen finna pay off any moment now.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
It's one I've thought about, too. I believe this to be the scenario where Montreal trades down if all 4 forwards that they likely want go 1-4.

I think the next 3 teams would all take D in this scenario, too: Utah, Ottawa & Seattle. Calgary could go either way. Would Calgary or Buffalo (who desperately needs RHD) want to move up to get a quality D?

Basically, it would go something like this:

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Lindstrom
4. Iginla
5. Levshunov, Silyav, Buium or Dickinson (Calgary)
6. Dickinson, etc (Utah)
7. Yakemchuk, Levshunov, or Parekh (Ottawa)
8. Buium, etc (Seattle)
9. Sennecke (Montreal)

Or

5. Buffalo: Levshunov or Yakemchuk
6. Utah: Dickinson, etc
7. Ottawa: Yakemchuk, Levshunov or Parekh
8. Seattle: Buium, etc
9. Calgary: Helenius
10. New Jersey: MBN
11. Montreal: Sennecke

For Calgary, I would accept their 2nd round pick this year (they also have Dallas's 2nd round draft pick, but I would want the higher pick) & Vancouver's 3rd in 2026.

For Buffalo, a 2nd in 2025 & 2026.

I would then package Winnipeg's pick, Calgary or Buffalo's 2nd, two 3rds (one in 2025 & 2026) to San Jose. SJS is still looking for picks. They only have TB's 3rd this year& no 3rds next year. Winnipeg's 1st and Calgary's/Buffalo 2nd would give them 4 picks in 25-45 range.

They have #14.

There are 6D, and at this point only 4 teams have picked D.

12. Philadelphia would take D, since they're terrible at that position. There should be 2 left.
13. Minnesota: Last D, Catton or Eiserman
14. Montreal (from San Jose): Catton or Eiserman
No chance Habs pass on a guaranteed top 2 d man if the forwards they want are all gone. No chance.

Reactions: themilosh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad