Votes: 53 17.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Right now I think I’d pick Tij over Liddy to.

Would you guys dangle caufield to get the number 7 OV pick? 5 and 7 iggy and a D or lindstrom
why not go for the triple crown of D - and snag the two Zs: Parekh (5th) and Buium(8th)? I'd dangle Hutson +(+) to go after a legit C liek Benier via trade with Seattle (type of thing).

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Sennecke was a bit of a meme at first for me but now, I am legit considering taking him at #5.

With that said, if Buium is still available at #5, I think we will regret not taking a future Makar.

Reactions: Jabba11 and Habano

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
How do you guys like Andrew Basha for the Jets pick?

Could end up with Medicine Hat linemates if we take Lindstrom at #5.
I am not a huge fan of Basha, I find him very pale though, good skater, decent hands, average hockey IQ, I think he could become a 3rd line player but I would rather target a player with more upside.

Reactions: Habano

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Sennecke was a bit of a meme at first for me but now, I am legit considering taking him at #5.

With that said, if Buium is still available at #5, I think we will regret not taking a future Makar.

Agree on Sennecke, but I think if we are talking game breaking dmen there’s Parekh and everyone else. Buium is really good, and he put up great numbers, but he isn’t the game breaker Parekh is. I don’t want a D but Parekh is tempting.

Reactions: Rozz

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The way this draft is looking like at the moment, there’s basically Celebrini, then a couple Russians, and then a massive tier of ten guys, with half those players being dmen. I don’t think there’s a big difference between the likes of Lidstrom, Sennecke, Catton, Iginla, Helenius… Demidov I have a half tier ahead strictly for on ice ability but the Russian factor does bring him in line with those other guys. Same thing on D, there isn’t a whole lot separating the likes of Levshunov, Buium, Yakemchuk, Parekh, Dickinson… I’ve got Silayev a half tier above again but like Demidov Russian factor knocks him down slightly.

Picking 5, we just have to identify the guy who fits best with what we want and take him. This isn’t a draft where we need to hope anyone really falls to us, nor is this a draft where should want to trade up. At 5 we will be able to grab one of the top forwards on our board, it’s just a matter of taking the right guy.

I'm hoping they move up with both of their picks, but I think there's quite a good chance they get the player they want at 5. I would really like them to move up with their second pick. Use one of the many LHDs if need be.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Agree on Sennecke, but I think if we are talking game breaking dmen there’s Parekh and everyone else. Buium is really good, and he put up great numbers, but he isn’t the game breaker Parekh is. I don’t want a D but Parekh is tempting.

He is good too.

The thing that scares me a bit with Parekh VS Buium, is Parekh's straight line acceleration...

I would be happy with both though.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Any of you believe KH and JG would pick Konsta Helenius? Helenius just oozes this management's style of player they're looking for.

My two cents: Zeev Buium and Konsta Helenius would not surprise me at our pick. Don't fall too much in love with Lindstrom or Iginla. KH is a hispter, likes to go against the norm

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I'm hoping they move up with both of their picks, but I think there's quite a good chance they get the player they want at 5. I would really like them to move up with their second pick. Use one of the many LHDs if need be.
If we could sneak back into the late lottery with that second pick and grab a falling Catton I’d be all over that. Think there’s a pretty decent tier drop after about 15 or so

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Dude, are you kidding me? Buium is as much game breaker as Parekh. Against 20+ years old players too. Buium is as much a gamebreaker as Parekh is.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Any of you believe KH and JG would pick Konsta Helenius? Helenius just oozes this management's style of player they're looking for.

My two cents: Zeev Buium and Konsta Helenius would not surprise me at our pick. Don't fall too much in love with Lindstrom or Iginla. KH is a hispter, likes to go against the norm
I like Helenius but he doesn’t seem like a target. To me it seems like we’re looking at big dynamic wingers. Feel pretty confident we will end up with Lindstrom/Sennecke. Sennecke has the added bonus of being the late riser who we always tend to snag (KK, Slaf, Reinbacher…)

Reactions: Habano

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

If size matters then Helenius shouldn't be in the equation. Minute you throw him, you have to consider Catton.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Dude, are you kidding me? Buium is as much game breaker as Parekh. Against 20+ years old players too. Buium is as much a gamebreaker as Parekh is.
I haven’t dived deep into the dmen, but Parekh pops as “dynamic” same way I saw dynamic instantly with guys like Makar, Quinn Hughes and Hutson. Buium I like but seems more cerebral like a Markov as opposed to a guy with jaw dropping dynamic physical traits. Again, I could be off, haven’t spent a lot of time on the D yet.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
If Levshunov falls to 5 he would immediately be our best RHD prospect by a mile and likely make Barron or Reinbacher expendable
He certainly wouldn't make Reinbacher expendable as you keep both of them but Barron would definitely be on the outside looking in and Mailloux might become a decent trade chip.

Last edited:

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I haven’t dived deep into the dmen, but Parekh pops as “dynamic” same way I saw dynamic instantly with guys like Makar, Quinn Hughes and Hutson. Buium I like but seems more cerebral like a Markov as opposed to a guy with jaw dropping dynamic physical traits. Again, I could be off, haven’t spent a lot of time on the D yet.
Thanks for your honesty. But I recommend watching the Buium video I linked when you have time. He definitely jumps out as LD Makar in my opinion. Almost like a better, grittier and more solid version of Lane Hutson

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

Nah, Buium is dynamic af, and he's doing it in the NCAA.

1715221786578.png

Reactions: Habano and Rozz

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
If size matters then Helenius shouldn't be in the equation. Minute you throw him, you have to consider Catton.
Helenius is outmuscling Liiga players, Catton isnt physically involved at all vs junior aged players, Helenius clearly edges Catton in the strength/power category even if they are about the same height. In term of talent level, its debatable, in term of strength/power, not.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Helenius is outmuscling Liiga players, Catton isnt physically involved at all vs junior aged players, Helenius clearly edges Catton in the strength/power category even if they are about the same height. In term of talent level, its debatable, in term of strength/power, not.

If there's one thing we know it's that teenagers never get stronger.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I think Yakemchuk has three times the IQ Levshunov has. Yakemchuk's main concern is mobility. Levshunov has amazing tools and is a gem in offensive zone highlight reels but not many Dmen become impact players with his questionable hockey sense. We'll see if the tools overcome his poor reads and lack of defensive urgency.
I disagree as Yakemchuk has demonstrated very poor decision making all year long whereas Levshunov has really improved as the season has progressed. Imo Yakemchuk is two tiers below Levshunov.

Who knows though......these are very young defenders with tons of development in front of them.

Nah, Buium is dynamic af, and he's doing it in the NCAA.

View attachment 867502

Theses stats are meaningless and simply say far more about the stacked team that Buium played on. I like him alot and have him well ahead of Parekh by about 15 spots but he is not remotely as dynamic as Hughes was so this table loses all credibility on that point alone.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
What's your ranking this draft?
I dont have a list this year. I have Silayev as my top ranked D, after that its oranges and apples for me. I probably have Buium as my 2nd ranked D since I love the the skills/IQ more than the purely athletic tools of Levshunov, but I can understand the ones ranking Levshunov pretty high.

As for the fowards, I have to rank Demidov 2nd for the talent level, but Im really high on Lindstrom/Helenius as well. Then I have Sennecke and Iginla, I think they are all very good players. Catton is a good player too and I could see a path where he becomes something in the mold of a Keller type of winger, but I think there are better options for the Habs at 5, I dont see a fit for the Habs.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Not the biggest Lindstrom fan at all, but if you’re looking at this draft as a place to add a guy to play along side Dach on the 2nd line? Lindstrom makes a lot of sense, that could be quite the duo as they’d complement each other beautifully while both being big bodies. For this reason alone I’m ok with Lindstrom at 5 lol

I don’t think any of these D are so good they are worth taking over these forwards. Celebrini, Demidov, Catton, Sennecke, Lindstrom… no reason to not grab a forward at 5.

Reactions: No More Subban

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad