• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 53 17.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Hugo is at the point where they have to consider probability AND timeline. They’re past the strictly collecting talent stage. They’re roster building.

Dickinson will probably be better than Guhle in 3 years.
Vs …
Lindstrom will definitely be a top 6 player in a year from now.

Accelerate the rebuild. All hands on deck in 2025.
But there's no guarantee Lindstrom will even be available @ 5.

Reactions: Runner77

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
More than one D will go top 4.
From your mouth to god's ears! If Lindstrom is gone, I'm leaning towards Sennecke. He's got skill, grit and size. We need to get bigger. I wouldn't be upset with Tij or Catton but I prefer Sennecke. Suffice it to say that we will be getting a good forward in the 5th spot.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
8 out of 10 had Lindstrom top 5, according to Bob
So the article does say that which is weird because when you look at the individual breakdowns
The 2nd place votes were Demidov (5), Levshunov (3), Silayev (2)
The 3rd place votes were Silayev (3), Demidov (2), Lindstrom (2), Levshunov (1), Parekh (1), Helenisus (1)
The 4th place votes were Silayev (2), Lindstrom (2), Demidov (1), Levshunov (1), Parekh (1), Dickinson (1), Buium (1), Yakemchuk (1)
The 5th place votes were Levshunov (3), Lindstrom (2), Demidov (1), Dickinson (1), Sennecke (1), Yakemchuk (1)

Now you may notice that there's only 9 votes at the 5 spot so it seems like they forgot to list one of the players, they said 7 different players got votes but listed six so that missing vote is someone not listed. But even if the mistake was that it should've been Lindstrom with 3, it still means that 6 out of 10 had him available at our pick.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
From your mouth to god's ears! If Lindstrom is gone, I'm leaning towards Sennecke. He's got skill, grit and size. We need to get bigger. I wouldn't be upset with Tij or Catton but I prefer Sennecke. Suffice it to say that we will be getting a good forward in the 5th spot.

I agree with you. Sennecke is really good aswell. Sennecke, Iginla or Lindstrom that's logical choice. If Demidov is there, let's walk with him and get party. But the 3 are very very good aswell and fit perfectly on Habs team.

Catton is also very talented, soo, a lot of good options at forward!

Reactions: waitin425

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
As Simon Boisvert mentioned, players from the OHL like Senneke are easier to project as NHLers than players from either of the other two Canadian leagues or the US College ranks, meaning, if a kid looks legit in the OHL there's a better chance that this will translate to the NHL than a kid who looks good in the Q or out West. Iginla isn't nearly as high on most lists as 5th.

The only things about Senneke that give me pause are the fact that he isn't a centre, but another right-handed winger. But from the highlights I've watched he kind of plays like a centre. He distributes the puck very well.
I think he would look fantastic beside Dach. Two big body who protects the puck really well.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Just need 2 D's to go in the top 4 and we're golden
There's a big possibility it happens too,

If it looks like no and only 1 D is going top 4 and they can somehow catch wind of it, then it's obviously OK to trade up as well using the ammo we have
Nobody gonna bite off one of the HuGo heads if they do this, I hope they know that

But just because fanbases are saying they all want F F F F in the top 4, does in no way mean the management's feel the same at all
A lot of really good D's in this top 10 is honestly going to help us, 0 doubt in my mind

But don't be afraid to trade up anyway, HuGo,
The extra 2025 1st is kinda sorta useless to us as an actual prospect because of the time frame we're in
Imo it was always trade ammo since day 1

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
He's listed on EP as 181 lbs, his OHL profile has him at 178 lbs. If he can gain 15-20 lbs has he grows into his man body, he can be a real exciting player to have in your line-up.
I think he has shot up before filling out. Looks paper thin on the ice. But, I am sure he will fill into that frame. Agreed, even if he gets to 200 that would be amazing. I read a sportnet article that said he is pushing 6'4. The combine is going to be interesting!

I think he would look fantastic beside Dach. Two big body who protects the puck really well.
With Caufield as the sniper.

Try Roy or Newhook with Suzuki and Slaf if we don't make a splash for a trade.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Demidov
Lindstrom
Iginla/Sennecke/Levshunov

If Demidov and Lindstrom are gone before our pick, get one of Iginla, Sennecke or Levshunov

Reactions: bsl

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Speaking of Lindstrom, I keep hearing he is always injured. What type of injury has kept him sidelined most of this season?
Here’s another update on Lindstrom and how his injuries this season may not have any impact on where he’s taken:

Reactions: bopeep and Redux91

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Iggy is 2" shorter and the same weight as Sennecke. And younger. Iggy doesn't turn 18 until Aug while Sennecke turned 18 this past Jan.

Tig is new stock trending very hot and might be on a skyrocket development like his father (post draft).

The goal here is picking someone who is on a steep curve from 17-20. Inginla's resume is impressive when you look at his age. He's a leader on his junior team already and he stepped in the U18's and produced.

* Where does Sennecke go if he was in last years draft? (born 4 months ish late)
* Where does Iggy go if he is in next years draft? (1.5 months away from being in next years draft)

Last edited:
Reactions: Garnet76

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Been watching YT highlights of the Russian kid Surin. He seems to have some decent skill and looks like he as a really high compete level. Where's he projected to be picked?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I wish we knew what Dach was, or what his ceiling was, so we could project Cayden I feel they are so identical.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I think he has shot up before filling out. Looks paper thin on the ice. But, I am sure he will fill into that frame. Agreed, even if he gets to 200 that would be amazing. I read a sportnet article that said he is pushing 6'4. The combine is going to be interesting!

With Caufield as the sniper.

Try Roy or Newhook with Suzuki and Slaf if we don't make a splash for a trade.
Roy isn't a top 6 forward on a good team.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Am I the only one who sees Lindstrom as a winger in the NHL ? I keep reading about that huge skillful centre, but when I saw him, he looked more like a winger.
No, I can see him at wing also. Right now, I see Suz as our 1st centre and Dach (health permitting) as our 2nd. I think I'd rather have him play the wing with Dach. It would be a shame for him to play on our 3rd line just to make him a centre. I see our future centres as:

Suz
Dach
Beck
Whoever

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Roy isn't a top 6 forward on a good team.
Roy is still developing. I see him and Newhook as third line guys in our future. But until we fill that top line spot, I'd try one of them there.

I see us as needing 2 x top 6 forwards. Hopefully through this draft and via trade/UFA.

For shits and giggles. Let's say we trade the Jet's pick + Harris + sweetener for Necas. Draft Sennecke.

Necas - Suzuki - Slaf
Caufield - Dach - Sennecke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad