• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 53 17.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
If chicago take the D, i would expect Anaheim to pick Demidov and then try to get thei D with a Zegras trade.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He's got decent hands but I wouldn't say soft hands. He struggles in tight spaces, and messes up a lot of short range passes.

I still wouldn't mind us picking him, I just wouldn't say his hands are what you'd expect out of a top 5 pick.
Top 5 pick is relative to his draft year. And relative to his draft year, he offers a complete package that is a lot more enticing than most of the forwards available. He’s also exactly what this team needs. The Habs need goals, they need size, they need someone that can play multiple offensive positions.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Habs brass are pretty confident with their ability to develop. Hmm.....
If this kid is as receptive as Slaf for development and they like his character, he might be very high on their list. Not sure if the rumour of them liking him are true but i wouldn’t be surprised.

Reactions: Goalfield22

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
They added grit VIA trade!!!! Premium picks should always be us trying to get core pieces, otherwise simply trade away the pick for a player than can be that.

If you have top tier skilled player you can than focus on acquiring high quality bottom line players.

Without Point, Kucherov they would not have won the cup and it's quite obvious.
Don’t forget Hedman and Vasilevski. Elite #1D and elite goaltending gets you far

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I think Demidov falls to us and we pass on him lol prepare yourself.
I’ve come to appreciate Arpon Basu is provided tidbits by HuGo - like Newhook name drop at exactly this time last year. The fact he mentioned so poignantly, the Habs org holds Demigod is high esteem, IMO is very telling

If chicago take the D, i would expect Anaheim to pick Demidov and then try to get thei D with a Zegras trade.
Nah, he’s not a Verbeek type prospect. Ana are going for one of Levchnunov or Buium I’m 100% certain of

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And signing Karlsson played a part in that. That team is screwed fo quite some time moving forward. Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Karlsson, Rust, Rakell, Smith, Eller, Acciari...yikes.
I see the Penguins as having an age problem.

I really liked having Hutson on one pair and Matheson on another pair to end the season. It allowed us to push the offense:

Parekh would be a problem, you'd be putting Hutson or Parekh off powerplay 1 then you'd have to trade Mailloux because he wouldn't make either unit.

Maillouxs value is higher with the Habs then trading him because there's still gonna be the past dredged up with the new team if he's acquired.

Dickinson is off the board they aren't taking a left shot defenseman. They love who they have there. They consider it already over saturated.

I know people's philosophies differentiate from the teams but Hughes can't be more clearer that they aren't taking a left shot defenseman.
Was it a problem to have Subban and Markov when we had both of them?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
almost everybody think Celebrini, Demidov, Levshunov and Lindstrom will go top 4 when every scouts/insiders say after Celebrini, it is mayem.

i'm 99,99% sure 1 if not 2 of these for guys will de disponible at 5.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I’ve come to appreciate Arpon Basu is provided tidbits by HuGo - like Newhook name drop at exactly this time last year. The fact he mentioned so poignantly, the Habs org holds Demigod is high esteem, IMO is very telling

Nah, he’s not a Verbeek type prospect. Ana are going for one of Levchnunov or Buium I’m 100% certain of
I think Anaheim is going Buium if Chicago takes Levy. I think there's a very serious chance Demidov drops to us, especially if Columbus really does like Silayev.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I seem to have missed the Sennecke hype-train. Where is it coming from? No mockdraft has him in the top 15. So I assume someone started this hype. Who?

A guy on Twitter mentioned he was high on Habs' list....like they know Habs' list.....but whatever, now some repeat his name because of that.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Despite the red flags, still going Eiserman. I think we’ll wind up with Iginla or Lidstrom. I’d love to see us get a second pick and take Eiserman late.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Having too much choice isn’t always a good thing. I don’t know how you pass on Parehk if he’s there at 5. Those numbers are crazy good.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They added grit VIA trade!!!! Premium picks should always be us trying to get core pieces, otherwise simply trade away the pick for a player than can be that.

If you have top tier skilled player you can than focus on acquiring high quality bottom line players.

Without Point, Kucherov they would not have won the cup and it's quite obvious.

I'm not disagreeing but we aren't talking about adding Coleman with our top 5 pick, we are looking for the Nichuskins over the Marners.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I would keep an eye on Carter Yakemchuk to Anaheim. It's a long shot, but he fits the boxes of a Pat Verbeek type of player.
I feel like I remember seeing his name brought up with regards to Anaheim a while back, and we've seen time and time again that teams will go off the board for need if their top guy is gone (Simashev after Reinbacher, Korchinski after Jiricek/Minty/Nemec).

Reactions: Leto

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Was it a problem to have Subban and Markov when we had both of them?
Teams don’t use two defenders on the PP anymore. Plus neither is a triggerman, they are not threats with one-timers. So you basically have two defenders that are going to 95% pass when they have the puck. I don’t think it would work and it’s nothing like Markov and Subban.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It depends who else is available, but I can certainly see him being in the conversation yes. Otherwise, if they like better players with their late second, they have a chance to draft him at 70 or 78. He's a good two way player, but I wouldn't say anything stands out as elite besides maybe his game processing. Could possibly become a 3rd line player down the line.
I'd like to build good third line. Size, can throw their weight around a little, energy, can pot a few goals. I was thinking Beaudoin with Jets pick. O'Reilly with AVs pick

Reactions: Benstheman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad