If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
When all is said and done, for my, on D, my untouchables are:
Guhle
Hutson
Reinbacher
Xhekaj
Mailloux

I have some doubts about how injury prone Guhle could be. Which means that if we ALSO happen to go D....I don't see how adding Dickinson, Parekh or Buium would be an issue. Yakemchuck...maybe.

But I think we overstate how deep the team is on D.

Bobby's list makes it very clear there's no BPA anywhere from 5 to 15.
Well if 8 out 10 have a guy top 10, while most don't...I see that as BPA. To me, Dickinson is a clear BPA over Eiserman for example.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Not ideal boys

Demidov at 2
Lindstrom at 5
Helenius 9
Iginla 10
Catton 11
Eiserman 13
Sennecke 14

To wit: Five scouts had Demidov as the No. 2 prospect behind Celebrini but five others — three for Levshunov and two for Silayev — saw it differently.

Six prospects got votes at No. 3 — Silayev (three); Demidov and Lidstrom (two each) and one apiece for Levshunov, Parekh and Helenius.

There were eight — eight! — prospects who got votes in the No. 4 slot — two each for Silayev and Lindstrom and one apiece for Demidov, Levshunov, Parekh, Dickinson, Buium and Yakemchuk.

And seven prospects garnered No. 5 votes — Levshunov (three); Lindstrom (two) and one apiece for Demidov, Dickinson, Sennecke and Yakemchuk.
My boy Lindy at 5 is just perfect. Would love him on our team.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
One of the things that does make it a bit easier is.. next year when we are picking outside of the top 10 but aren't a playoff team?

Benson fell to 13
Catton and Eiserman are likely going to be outside the top 10.

A skilled forward with question marks from a defense or physical standpoint will be in range for us.
Just as Caufield dropped at 15, it happen every year. Having a 13th overall this year and you could end up with the 2nd best player in the draft in the long run. Quite crazy.

HURRICANES ROCK

Nov 17, 2007
It's gonna be tight.. looks like he didn't garner any top 3 votes.. we may get pushed to 6. I was hoping Lindstrom would be in that 7-9 range so it would be likely we'd get him.

Don't like Helenius being higher than Iginla, Catton or Sennecke.

Correct.
Actually Lidstrom did get 2 votes in the #3 spot.

"Six prospects got votes at No. 3 — Silayev (three); Demidov and Lindstrom (two each) and one apiece for Levshunov, Parekh and Helenius."

Reactions: WeThreeKings

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Just as Caufield dropped at 15, it happen every year. Having a 13th overall this year and you could end up with the 2nd best player in the draft in the long run. Quite crazy.
Yep. I'd be targeting a team in the 10-15 range to trade down with, try and get either another pick or a young player ala Newhook/Dach in previous years as an add on.

Catton is a top 3 talent in the draft, the idea of getting him at 11 would be enough to make Randy Wharmpess's nose bleed.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Silyavev still being ranked top 3 is interesting
Seems like most people on this board had him out of the top 5

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Some of the votes from McKenzie's list I found interesting:

Demidov had 5 second place votes, 2 third place votes, 1 fourth place vote, and 1 fifth place vote.
Lindstrom had 2 third place votes, 2 fourth place votes, 2 fifth place votes.
Sennecke had one top-5 vote and two top-10 votes.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Bobby's list makes it very clear there's no BPA anywhere from 5 to 15.
which makes me believe we can trade into a top 15 spot.

Hell, if we go with BPA and take another D, that allows us to move 2 D in a trade….say Barron + Harris, two good young R/L D with NHL experience + Winnipeg pick that’s got to be enticing for a rebuilding club???

Reactions: Scintillating10

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
My boy Lindy at 5 is just perfect. Would love him on our team.

If he's there at 5, I think he's the pick (unless there are issues with his medical reports or Demidov drops to us).

There are a number of intriguing forwards this year including Catton, Iginla, and Helenius that would be very attractive in the 8-10 range, but Lindstrom is a rarer package that doesn't tend to be available outside of the top-5.

Reactions: Deebs

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Last year was the year of the forwards, this time around it’s the opposite.

4 D from 3 through 8. That’s a lot.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So one forward?
3 forwards climbed on Bob's list actually:
- Demidov went from 6 to 2. This caused Silayev and Lesh to drop by 1.
- Sennecke and Iginla climbed into the top 15 (and Sennecke had one top 5 vote, Grant was right :laugh:)

3 Ds also climbed (Dickinson by 1, Buium by 5 spots and Parekh by 2)

- Helenius/Catton dropped a few spots to make place for the climbing Ds.
- Eiserman dropped a lot, Connelly dropped a bit and Jiricek was kicked out of the top 15, creating the space for Sennecke/Iginla.

Based on the movement:
- Buium, Parekh are very likely to go higher than listed on Bob's list. Especially Buium. This will push Demidov and/or Lindstrom down.
- Sennecke and Iginla might go higher as well, causing Helenius/Catton to drop further, but NHL scouts love Helenius type so he might not move much...

I wouldn't be surprised if Connelly and Eiserman aren't taken top 15 at the draft.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
I can see him going to 4, but at that point he's gonna be gone.. Perfectly reasonable based on Bob's list to see Celebrini-Silayev-Levshunov go top 3.
Yeah, this is the only way I could see Demidov at 5, because Columbus probably takes Lindstrom at 4.

For Lindstrom, Columbus would probably have to win the lottery, then Demidov/Levshunov/Silayev go 2-3-4.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad