Votes: 55 16.6%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.1%

• Total voters

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wowww, Eiserman that high !?!?? Helenius seems high too.
I'm glad that Catton is ranked higher than Lindstrom and Iginla.

Remember, heading into this season, there was the big 3... Celebrini, Eiserman Demidov.

* What has Eiserman done to fall outside of the top 3 or top 5? I just don't see it.
* What have others done to move ahead of him?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I don't remember reading anywhere here that there wouldn't be a lot of Dmen in the top 10.
A few days ago, some people in here were claiming that forwards were raising and D not a hot commodity because of all the Sennecke's talk.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
A few days ago, some people in here were claiming that forwards were raising and D not a hot commodity because of all the Sennecke's talk.
I still a firm believer that Sennecke will be drafted in the top 10. If we don't draft him in the top 10, someone else will.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Will be interesting to see Bobs list. I wasn't that impressed by his mid term rankings.

Eiserman was the 2nd ranked forward, Buium out of the top 10, Demidov outside the top 5 even with injuries was a joke, Hemming ahead of Iginla, MBN and Greentree. Was a bit of a trainwreck.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
6D: Dickinson, Buium, Parekh, Yakemchuk, Levshunov, Silayev

Top 7F all year: Celebrini, Lindstrom, Iginla, Catton, Helenius, Eiserman, Demidov

Final 2 for forwards: Sennecke, MBN, Hage, Connelly or Greentree.
So not alot of surprises in the top 15.

Like i said, assuming Habs have the 6OA spot, and if Celebrini, Demidov and Lindstrom are already gone, i wouldn't mine trading back from that spot to 8OA (Ottawa) or 10OA (Flames) to get another late 1st. Then package that late 1st with Winnipeg's to get another top 15 pick.

Getting 2 of Iginla, Helenius, Catton, Eiserman, Sennecke would be so huge.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This is my guess:
1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Dickinson
4. Demidov
5. Silayev
6. Buium
7. Lindstrom
8. Catton
9. Parekh
10. Iginla
11. Sennecke
12. Eiserman
13. Yakemchuk
14. Helenius
15. MBN

Let's see how wrong I am

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So not alot of surprises in the top 15.

Like i said, assuming Habs have the 6OA spot, and if Celebrini, Demidov and Lindstrom are already gone, i wouldn't mine trading back from that spot to 8OA (Ottawa) or 10OA (Flames) to get another late 1st. Then package that late 1st with Winnipeg's to get another top 15 pick.

Getting 2 of Iginla, Helenius, Catton, Eiserman, Sennecke would be so huge.

No, top 13 has been pretty steady all year with 6D, and 7F. Personal placements have changed, like Buium was once outside top 10, but now is seen as top 5. Or, Eiserman bouncing around from 2, to 8 to 12.

Same players, though. 2 players have joined to create a top 15, those 2 have differed. Hemming, Connelly, MBN, Greentree, Hage, now Sennecke have all had spots.

Reactions: Benstheman

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
This is my guess:
1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Dickinson
4. Demidov
5. Silayev
6. Buium
7. Lindstrom
8. Catton
9. Parekh
10. Iginla
11. Sennecke
12. Eiserman
13. Yakemchuk
14. Helenius
15. MBN

Let's see how wrong I am
I'll do mine

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Levshunov
4. Dickinson
5. Buium
6. Lindstrom
7. Parekh
8. Iginla
9. Yakmechuk
10. Eiserman
11. Sennecke
12. Silyaev
13. Catton
14. Helenius
15. Greentree

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Ok, well show me your projection for Puljujarvi or Filip Zadina or Nail Yakupov prior to their draft year. I assume you also thought they would become good players based on their pre draft achievement right? I see similar patterns with Eiserman and it's not related to his goal scoring ability, it's related to his demeanor and attitude.

For me Eiserman lack of effort and unidimensional game will be his downfall. In the NHL even the top tier skilled players compete hard and dominate on almost every shift, he is not that and leaching of James Hagens brilliance is also another issue I have with him. Also just for the record, quite rich coming from you that would love nothing more but to trade away Cole Caufield at every opportunity for less.
But Eiserman has so much time to work on his game. You KNOW the guy can shoot. If he develops properly he’ll be a superstar.

The red flags are there. The thing that concerns me most is lack of intensity in his play sometimes. But I do think if he landed in Montreal we could develop him properly and I think the player culture here would also help.

You’re not drafting him for who he is now, you’re drafting what he can be. He’s a home run swing and if you get it right he could be incredible.

Reactions: Habsrule

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Dickinson
4. Silayev
5. Demidov
6. Lindstrom
7. Buium
8. Helenius
9. Catton
10. Eiserman
11. Iginla
12. Yakemchuk
13. Parehk
14. Sennecke
15. Greentree

Reactions: jaffy27

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
But Eiserman has so much time to work on his game. You KNOW the guy can shoot. If he develops properly he’ll be a superstar.

The red flags are there. The thing that concerns me most is lack of intensity in his play sometimes. But I do think if he landed in Montreal we could develop him properly and I think the player culture here would also help.

You’re not drafting him for who he is now, you’re drafting what he can be. He’s a home run swing and if you get it right he could be incredible.
the Habs' forward prospect depth is pretty brutal. they need two to three more prospects to insulate the future core before being able to take a flyer on a guy like Eiserman, who doesn't convince me that his game will elevate to the standard that's necessary to deliver in the NHL playoffs.

if he was available next year - i'd take him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
the Habs' forward prospect depth is pretty brutal. they need two to three more prospects to insulate the future core before being able to take a flyer on a guy like Eiserman, who doesn't convince me that his game will elevate to the standard that's necessary to deliver in the NHL playoffs.

if he was available next year - i'd take him.
I actually think we have the makings of a decent top six. First line is good. Second has Dach, Roy and Newhook. That’s not bad for now. Whoever we bring in hopefully knocks Newhook to the 3rd with Beck.

Reactions: McGees

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
I actually think we have the makings of a decent top six. First line is good. Second has Dach, Roy and Newhook. That’s not bad for now. Whoever we bring in hopefully knocks Newhook to the 3rd with Beck.
yeah, it's not bad but there's not much coming (Beck and Kapanen seem... fine).
if the Habs are going to be contenders, it would be nice for Caufield to be pushed down to the 2nd line. i'd like for Newhook and Roy to be 3rd liners who can move up due to injuries or for matchup purposes. that means adding two surefire top 6 forwards who will create that internal competition - maybe one comes via trade.

i just don't see how Eiserman complements the existing pieces, or elevates them.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
if the Habs are going to be contenders, it would be nice for Caufield to be pushed down to the 2nd line. i'd like for Newhook and Roy to be 3rd liners who can move up due to injuries or for matchup purposes. that means adding two surefire top 6 forwards who will create that internal competition - maybe one comes via trade.

i just don't see how Eiserman complements the existing pieces, or elevates them.

I don't think they would be interested in Eiserman's personality, culture fit etc.

I'm more confident he's off their list than I am that Catton or Helenius are.

Reactions: Shutdown

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

Well you just said you wanted Caufield to be pushed down to the 2nd line. Eiserman just beat Caufield's USNTDP goal scoring record so arguably he could be a guy that pushes Caufield down to the 2nd line like you want.

I'd also add that most teams only have around four forwards who reach 50 points. Colorado led the league in GFs, their 5th most productive forward was Ross Colton with 40 points in 80 games. Only one team, Dallas, had 6+ 50 point forwards on their team. So if Newhook and Roy can be 50 point players on the 2nd line then we are already in very good shape.

Reactions: Rozz and dinodebino

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
1) SJ - Celibrini
2) Blackhawks - Demidov (that will be the perfect one-two punch with Bedard, like Toews/Kane).
3) Anaheim - Levshunov (they want a RHD)
4) Columbus - Lindholm. They want a C and they said it publicly.
5) Montreal - Do we go with the highest ranked D? Because there will be crazy good D at that spot, if 3 out of the 4 drafted players are forward. Or with Catton/Iginla?

Damn I hope we picked Michkov/Leonard last year. That way we could just pick the best players out of the bunch instead of reaching for a forward, with maybe better dman on the board. Lets hop we win the lottery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad