6. Cole Eiserman
8. Berkly Catton
9. Konsta Helenius
11. Cayden Lindstrom
12. Tij Iginla
14. Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
15. Michael Hage
16. Beckett Sennecke

For Bob's list today, it's a quick poll so expect more movement on his final list.

Briere said they aren't just the other day on the U18 broadcast. 2 more years they'll wait.
It's so weird that he skipped over some numbers in his top 16.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
There's the year left on his contract and the mandatory 1 year military service.

i've never seen any article or quote from his agent mentioning anything other than Demidov being in North American after this upcoming season. not a single mention of mandatory military service prolonging his stay in Russia.

Last edited:

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I'm sort of expecting management to try to trade up using a young defenseman + our pick to grab Lindstrom. He seems like he checks all the boxes of what they want, he'd give insurance at 2C and he has that "unicorn" factor that we all know Bobrov is obsessed with.

The forwards we're likely going to be choosing between all have such wild floors and ceilings. I could see a world where Lindstrom turns into the premier power forward in the league that every team wants, or he could get derailed with injury, lose key development time and wind up as a bottom 6 guy. I could see Eiserman turning into a 50 goal monster, or I could see him being Hoffman 2.0. I could see Catton turning into an ultra skilled forward at the NHL level with 80+ point upside, or he could have trouble adapting to the physicality and struggle translating his offense. I feel like Iginla doesn't quite have the ceiling as the rest of the pack(although I do think he has 1st line potential), but I think he's more certain to be a top 6 forward than the rest.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Scott Wheeler updated top 15

1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Ivan Demidov
6. Cole Eiserman
8. Berkly Catton
9. Konsta Helenius
11. Cayden Lindstrom
12. Tij Iginla
15. Michael Hage
16. Beckett Sennecke

For Bob's list today, it's a quick poll so expect more movement on his final list.

Briere said they aren't just the other day on the U18 broadcast. 2 more years they'll wait.
First time I see the name of Hage in the top 15! Finally some respect to his game.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I'm sort of expecting management to try to trade up using a young defenseman + our pick to grab Lindstrom. He seems like he checks all the boxes of what they want, he'd give insurance at 2C and he has that "unicorn" factor that we all know Bobrov is obsessed with.

The forwards we're likely going to be choosing between all have such wild floors and ceilings. I could see a world where Lindstrom turns into the premier power forward in the league that every team wants, or he could get derailed with injury, lose key development time and wind up as a bottom 6 guy. I could see Eiserman turning into a 50 goal monster, or I could see him being Hoffman 2.0. I could see Catton turning into an ultra skilled forward at the NHL level with 80+ point upside, or he could have trouble adapting to the physicality and struggle translating his offense. I feel like Iginla doesn't quite have the ceiling as the rest of the pack(although I do think he has 1st line potential), but I think he's more certain to be a top 6 forward than the rest.
Regarding Eiserman, this version of Hoffman would be fine:

1715003924840.png

As for the rest of the post, I see what you're saying but this is usually the case with prospects most years. Rarely are any of them sure things, especially ones where you're betting on their skills to translate.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Do you know how much Lindstrom has played with McKenna ? I wonder if McKenna inflates Lindstrom's stats.
Do you know at what rank was Lindstrom drafted in WHL ?
They played together at times but he mainly played with Basha, who is also a fantastic prospect in his own right and was the best player on his line. Powerplays were spent all together most nights I've seen.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Regarding Eiserman, this version of Hoffman would be fine:

View attachment 865775

As for the rest of the post, I see what you're saying but this is usually the case with prospects most years. Rarely are any of them sure things, especially ones where you're betting on their skills to translate.
I personally think Hoffman is a very generous projection to Eiserman. I am very close to put him ND on my list. I already seeing too many red flags with him but the one about using his name in the first person for an Interview is not something I would want from any player. I am seeing bust more and more. (Not even NHL caliber player)

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I personally think Hoffman is a very generous projection to Eiserman.
Can I ask why? If Caufield was severely underrated because of his size, and Eiserman has scored at the same clip he did in the same program, why is Hoffman a generous comparison?

Genuine question on your opinion, not trying to bait or make a point.

Reactions: Scintillating10

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Wowww, Eiserman that high !?!?? Helenius seems high too.
I'm glad that Catton is ranked higher than Lindstrom and Iginla.

Scott Wheeler was a scout for the Leafs, so he takes production over qualities that help you win games. Just gotta know his bias.

It's so weird that he skipped over some numbers in his top 16.

It's pay-walled, so I only gave the forwards since the Habs will not be drafting a defenseman.

Reactions: Deebs

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Scott Wheeler updated top 15

1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Ivan Demidov
6. Cole Eiserman
8. Berkly Catton
9. Konsta Helenius
11. Cayden Lindstrom
12. Tij Iginla
15. Michael Hage
16. Beckett Sennecke

Lindstrom and Ignila sound low. Sennecke at 16?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Oh ya a 1 time 30 goal scorer is a very generous projection for the best goalscoring prospect in American history.

The things you read in this thread.
Ok, well show me your projection for Puljujarvi or Filip Zadina or Nail Yakupov prior to their draft year. I assume you also thought they would become good players based on their pre draft achievement right? I see similar patterns with Eiserman and it's not related to his goal scoring ability, it's related to his demeanor and attitude.

For me Eiserman lack of effort and unidimensional game will be his downfall. In the NHL even the top tier skilled players compete hard and dominate on almost every shift, he is not that and leaching of James Hagens brilliance is also another issue I have with him. Also just for the record, quite rich coming from you that would love nothing more but to trade away Cole Caufield at every opportunity for less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walksss

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Hoping Oshawa can advance tonight by beating red-hot North Bay; to see how Sennecke performs in the finals.

Worm has really turned in that series. NB has all the mo.’

If Habs take a forward first, how about a move up into the middle of Rd one to take Henry Mews?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Scott Wheeler was a scout for the Leafs, so he takes production over qualities that help you win games. Just gotta know his bias.

It's pay-walled, so I only gave the forwards since the Habs will not be drafting a defenseman.
Just to be clear, Wheeler was never a scout for the Leafs. He's always just been a writer

Reactions: CoopersFalls

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
He made a jump on the latest NHL central list, he will probably jump a little everywhere.

Bob's list had 4 D in the top 10 mid-season, but 6 in the top 15.

And people in here doubted the D would rise. :laugh:
I don't remember reading anywhere here that there wouldn't be a lot of Dmen in the top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad