Votes: 17 5.8%

• Total voters

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Ivontae Demimack no matter what

fleece.gif

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
In the unlikely event of Sennecke at 5, how would you guys take that? Seems like Iginla is the other reasonable option that they'd actually like if they don't reach that far.
Considering Sennecke and Iginla were close on most lists mid-season (16 and 19 on Bob's list irc) and both followed a great development curve this season, I'm not sure how people can have Iginla in the top 10 now and not have Sennecke close by. I wouldn't be surprised if some scouts prefers Sennecke too, it depends on your bias.

I'm personally just going to keep saying the Habs need to get another top 15 draft pick. :laugh:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Considering Sennecke and Iginla were close on most lists mid-season (16 and 19 on Bob's list irc) and both followed a great development curve this season, I'm not sure how people can have Iginla in the top 10 now and not have Sennecke close by. I wouldn't be surprised if some scouts prefers Sennecke too, it depends on your bias.

I'm personally just going to keep saying the Habs need to get another top 15 draft pick. :laugh:

It always takes time. People were not enamored with Leonard being a possibility for our pick. The more it got analyzed the more people were receptive and now you have people who lament us not taking him.

Adverse to change.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Iginla is about an inch taller than Catton and would be at most 3-5 pounds heavier than him at this point.

I wouldn't write off Catton.
Catton has way more talent either. In the first round I am going with talent big time
Catton has been my #3 behind Celebrini and Demidov for most of the year, and this just makes me even more committed to that.

I think this kid is the choice at 5 / 6 if he's still there. I like Lindstrom and Iginla too, and will be plenty happy with either of them... but I want Catton just that much more lol
Agree.

In fact for me Lindstrom and Iginla are not close to Catton

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It seems like the forwards are rising. Should be an interesting draft!!
It's just recency bias at work since most of the top Ds are done with their season while the forwards talking about a lot lately are still playing in the playoffs or the U18.

And since the Habs should pick a forwards, it makes people talks a lot of about them...

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Pretty funny alot of the people dismissing Sennecke as an option because muh luth risuh, but but KK!... are pulling for Iginla at the same time.

As if he wasn't also a mid to late 1st rounder for most of the year who hit a crazy progression curve later in the season.

View attachment 863719

Iginla played well all year. There was no crazy progression curve in back half. Besides, if you watched him last year with Seattle, you knew this was coming.

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Some question Cattons size and whether he can handle it or not but hey Demidov is supposedly 5-11 (which usually means 5-10) 168 pounds ??? He's kind of a shrimp too but nobody questions his physical ability. Plus he plays against inferior competition. As Hughes says it's what he's gonna be in 4-5 years. I think for the first time in my life (and I'm old) I have some faith in management that they'll pick the right guy. So far anyway. Hughes and gorton seem to be bright guys (finally some guys with brains) so I'm trusting them to do it right. Don't let me down guys!

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

Maybe Beckett should’ve changed his last name to Lafleur :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: SlafySZN

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Iginla played well all year. There was no crazy progression curve in back half. Besides, if you watched him last year with Seattle, you knew this was coming.
He didn't come into the season as a surefire top 10 player, or potential top 5 pick. He found a fit in Kelowna, his play seemed to take another step once he got regular reps on the 1st PP and finally finished on an even stronger note in the playoffs.

He wasn't in McKenzie's early season top-16 , was 16th in his mid-season rankings and will likely be top10 in his pre-lottery rankings. So in that sense, he is a late riser.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Think about that;

When you look in Regular season and in the playoffs....:

Senneke's stats ( GOALS) are nowhere near the ones of Justin Poirier...not even close...

..and Poirier is 9 months younger.

We are talking now Top 10 for Senneke and not even a first round for Poirier.

One is 6.2 and the other is 5.7...

If I would ask 10 people..who will have the better career I bet 9 people would say Senneke.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It always takes time. People were not enamored with Leonard being a possibility for our pick. The more it got analyzed the more people were receptive and now you have people who lament us not taking him.

Adverse to change.
Leonard wasn't rated that far back earlier in season also. We been burnt hard doing that before, twice. Jumping a guy 10 slots based on couple of months play.

Missed out on a lot of star players based on longer body of play. Tkachuk or Hughes in '18. Carter/Seabrook/ Parise in '03.

Last edited:

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Think about that;

Senneke's stats ( GOALS) are nowhere near the ones of Justin Poirier...not even close...

If I would ask 10 people..who will have the better career I bet 9 people would say Senneke.
Really curious to see where Poirier ends up, I hope the habs can pick him with Colorado’s second

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Question marks everywhere….

Is Levshunov a defensive liability?
Is Catton too frail for NHL playoffs?
Is Lindstrom a donkey disguised as a unicorn?
Will Demidov’s knee hold together?
Is Iginla the real deal after his showing at U18’s?

That my friend, is up to the Scouts to sort through and make a decision!!

Up to the scouts and yes, there are question marks. But we can still chit chat about it like we always do

Reactions: jaffy27

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Think about that;

I would have thought that after Slaf people would have stopped scouting via stat watching.

Also, comparing Eiserman to Poirier would make more sense since they are similar players. Poirier isn't projected as a power forward like Sennecke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad