Votes: 10 3.4%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 18.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.8%

• Total voters

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Imagine if they did go Sennecke. It would be out of nowhere.

I will be very surprised if they pick him with their high pick. He is not on my wishlist, but I will not be mad at all. He looks very very good in playoffs and show very high potential. If they judge he is the best option at 5 or 6, let's go.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Imagine if they did go Sennecke. It would be out of nowhere.
Wouldn’t be the craziest thing I’ve seen. Wheeler was 17th on CSB’s NA rankings and was taken 5th. He ended up with the 3rd most points that draft after Ovechkin and Malkin.

Mark Scheifele was 16th on NA final rankings and was taken 7th.

It would sure be ballsy and piss a lot of fans off. But so did the Slafkovsky and Reinbacher picks, so they don’t seem to care.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Wouldn’t be the craziest thing I’ve seen. Wheeler was 17th on CSB’s NA rankings and was taken 5th. He ended up with the 3rd most points that draft after Ovechkin and Malkin.

Mark Scheifele was 16th on NA final rankings and was taken 7th.

It would sure be ballsy and piss a lot of fans off. But so did the Slafkovsky and Reinbacher picks, so they don’t seem to care.
I think « fans » want a high octane offense. And I’m 100% sure that the team has a lot more leeway now than last season or last two seasons. What we have coming up is just gravy now that they seem to have hit on Slaf and Hutson.

Last edited:

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I will be very surprised if they pick him with their high pick. He is not on my wishlist, but I will not be mad at all. He looks very very good in playoffs and show very high potential. If they judge he is the best option at 5 or 6, let's go.
If he’s “judged the best option at 5 or 6” then we should consider a new head of amateur scouting.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
If he’s “judged the best option at 5 or 6” then we should consider a new head of amateur scouting.

Have you followed him this season?

Best option at forward they mean. After Celebrini, Demidov and Lindstrom gone, he is in the next tier with couple of others, yes.

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Thats Grant's 5th option after Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom and Iggy. Personally I would be surprised, but not entirely impossible, but unlikely IMO, it would be a KK type of reach and I dont think Bobrov will go there.
Surprised he has Sennecke ahead of Catton. CHL playoffs has certainly changed the rankings

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If Habs could trade back and draft Sennecke and pick up good young player like Dach or Newhook. Be good draft day
The Sens and Flames both have an extra late 1st on top of Top 10 picks. Both are decent targets to trade down with. I wouldn’t do it just for the sake of trading down, but it gives the Habs extra ammunition to get a player to help the team today while still drafting a high end forward.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Anyone likes Dean Letourneau for the Winnipeg first round pick ?
Yeah, the thing with him is he's a long-term, potential home run swing
Grant has always valued size. NHL teams do too. And Sennecke has the size without giving up on the skill.
From the highlights he looked like what Armia would have been had he hit his ceiling but with better skating/speed.

Sennecke seems to have those really nice hands that Armia has.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If we draft Sennecke at 5 I'll be disappointed. He's a solid player but he's not a top 5 talent, not sure he's top 10 or 15.

I also hate the idea of moving back. I want the best players of the draft and think we should be doing everything possible, if necessary, to move up to get the guy we want. We have a load of currency to make such a move. Ideally, we don't need to do it at #5, but then we should be trying to make a deal that includes Winnipeg's pick and some other assets to either trade for a young, somewhat established player or move up to take another guy we are high on.

It's time to make some serious moves.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The Sens and Flames both have an extra late 1st on top of Top 10 picks. Both are decent targets to trade down with. I wouldn’t do it just for the sake of trading down, but it gives the Habs extra ammunition to get a player to help the team today while still drafting a high end forward.
The Flyers do too. But I'd rather have top 6 forward now though. Even if I had to throw in decent defenseman like Harris to get deal done

Reactions: Deebs

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
If we draft Sennecke at 5 I'll be disappointed. He's a solid player but he's not a top 5 talent.

I also hate the idea of moving back. I want the best players of the draft and think we should be doing everything possible, if necessary, to move up to get the guy we want. We have a load of currency to make such a move. Ideally, we don't need to do it at #5, but then we should be trying to make a deal that includes Winnipeg's pick and some other assets to either trade for a young, somewhat established player or move up to take another guy we are high on.

It's time to make some serious moves.

Agreed about moving back, Habs have volume but top end offensive talent is the gaping hole in the prospect pool right now.

Only way I consider moving back is if Demidov and Lindstrom* (I'm trusting he's as good as promised) are off the board.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Why not draft Eiserman ??

Depends who available then , i mean i would take Sennecke or Basha, Parascak wayy before , if their gone then maybe
Eiserman’s only positive is an elite shot. Just in the U18s he scored a hat trick yet didn’t play like a top forward for USA. Hes very one dimensional and there’s lots of question marks about his ability to compete

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Eiserman’s only positive is an elite shot. Just in the U18s he scored a hat trick yet didn’t play like a top forward for USA. Hes very one dimensional and there’s lots of question marks about his ability to compete
yeah but the guy can score, surround him with playmakers and he could be a danger

Reactions: jaffy27

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
1, Wrong
2. Litterally player of the game for USA the following game (deservedly so)
3. True - he's inconsistent

Reactions: Mrb1p

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad