• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 20.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 14 5.2%

• Total voters

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Which is in actuality pretty poor. You could draft MBN, Chernyshov or Sennecke and they could end up producing more than Eiserman, simply because of who centers them.

You know Kevin Stevens scored 54 & 55 goals 2 seasons in a row. I guess playing with Lemieux helped. He was drafted in the 6th round.

Habs fans' fascination with goal scorers is unhealthy imho. Remember Kostitsyn... I prefer not to, he sucked. :laugh:
I don’t think Eiserman will need Mario Lemieux. But he will need a solid two way puck possession guy who can pass to maximize his talents.

Reactions: vokiel

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Bossy was drafted 16th overall. Scouts had the same concerns about him that scouts have today about Eiserman.

Eiserman is a bit similar to Bossy too. Not fancy, great shot, gets lost in the weeds.
Yeah but there wasn't 32 teams in the league back then. The talent dilution is a reality, plus the cap, plus injuries, plus...

It's just harder to maintain 1 50 goal scorer per scoring line than have 4 well balanced wingers with a good centering line. I mean that build was the Pens' build in the 90s and their wingers were just low picks. Recchi was picked in the fourth round.

If the habs fill their roster with goal scorers and only Suzuki is left to help them score, we won't be making the playoffs.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't care, I'd rather get 4 guys who can score 30 goals each with well rounded games than 2 that can score 50, but can only that. That's all you have to understand.
Superstars have a much better track record of success than depth players. It’s far better to have a couple of elite goal scorers in your lineup than relying on a bunch of 20 goal guys who are far easier to acquire.

People seem to overlook the fact that games are won by goals for and against. Hits, puck possession… everything… it’s all about producing goals for yourself and minimizing what the other team does.

If you have a player who’s efficient at putting the puck in the net it’s the single most valuable thing you can do. That’s why teams with multiple 50 goal guys have a high success rate of winning cups.

Eiserman won’t gain the zone as well as some other players, he’s not a power forward. He’ll need help with other aspects of the game. But if you put him in the right environment he’ll score you a crap ton of goals. That’s the entire’goal’ of what you’re trying to achieve. With him and CC on two different lines our offense would finally be something to be feared.

Very few people agree with me that we should take him and maybe I’ll be completely wrong - but that guy can score. Add him and our club would be so much better.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah but there wasn't 32 teams in the league back then. The talent dilution is a reality, plus the cap, plus injuries, plus...
That makes zero difference. If there were 32 teams he’d still have gone 16th. The first 15 overlooked him. It happened with Caufield and it might happen with Eiserman.
It's just harder to maintain 1 50 goal scorer per scoring line than have 4 well balanced wingers with a good centering line. I mean that build was the Pens' build in the 90s and their wingers were just low picks. Recchi was picked in the fourth round.
I’m not sure where you’re coming from here. Some guys have a natural talent for scoring goals. Eiserman is one of them, Caufield another. How does this require any kind of maintenance?
If the habs fill their roster with goal scorers and only Suzuki is left to help them score, we won't be making the playoffs.
Suzuki on one line Dach on the other. What’s the issue? Both get to feed a top tier sniper.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
That makes zero difference. If there were 32 teams he’d still have gone 16th. The first 15 overlooked him. It happened with Caufield and it might happen with Eiserman.
It does, the amount of games globally is higher and then the amount of back to backs and the density of games is higher, so more risk of injuries. Players get ground in games more. Talent dilution means hard workers are more efficient, and it gets a lot more demanding.

I’m not sure where you’re coming from here. Some guys have a natural talent for scoring goals. Eiserman is one of them, Caufield another. How does this require any kind of maintenance?
With no one to feed them, they will go down to Akost level quickly. Say Suzuki gets injured, we're tanking for sure.

Suzuki on one line Dach on the other. What’s the issue? Both get to feed a top tier sniper.
Dach isn't that good, his production came from the wing. I'm really not confident he's the answer on center. Plus he gets injuries every season.

I'd rather pick a play making winger or a center at this point than a goal scorer, with only one tool in his toolbox. As I said we have Caufield and Newhook who can score plenty. And then Slaf who can make room and still get 30 goals seasons. So all that's missing is a center that will play a full season, and or a play making winger who can stay healthier than Dach.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Sennecke 1 point away from being the OHL point leader in the playoffs. Only been held pointless once in this postseason. That combined with his 22 points in his last 12 regular season games. He’s finally getting used to his crazy growth spurt. I bet a lot of teams are intrigued.
McCagg seemed to think Montreal is intrigued by him, so wouldn't be surprised if they trade back that they select him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It does, the amount of games globally is higher and then the amount of back to backs and the density of games is higher, so more risk of injuries. Players get ground in games more. Talent dilution means hard workers are more efficient, and it gets a lot more demanding.
Teams overlooked Bossy for the same reasons they’re overlooking Eiserman. It wouldn’t have made any difference if there were 32 teams. Montreal still would’ve drafted Napier over him. He had a more “complete” game. Bossy was deemed too ‘soft’ just as Eiserman is now.

We already saw the same thing with Caufield. 15th… so no it doesn’t make any difference at all.
With no one to feed them, they will go down to Akost level quickly. Say Suzuki gets injured, we're tanking for sure.
One player shouldn’t sink you. You’re taking like CC would turn into a pumpkin and it’s not the case. Obviously we’re a very green team now and finished low even with Suzuki. But as the team gets older we’ll improve. A guy like Beck would move up and Dach would be our first line center. We’d get by until Nick returned.
Dach isn't that good, his production came from the wing. I'm really not confident he's the answer on center. Plus he gets injuries every season.
He has amazing potential. He could be as good as Suzuki is. But… yeah, health is a concern. So what? Slaf could get hit by a bus. You cross that bridge when you need to.
I'd rather pick a play making winger or a center at this point than a goal scorer, with only one tool in his toolbox. As I said we have Caufield and Newhook who can score plenty. And then Slaf who can make room and still get 30 goals seasons. So all that's missing is a center that will play a full season, and or a play making winger who can stay healthier than Dach.
That’s fine. I’d be okay with Lidstrom. He can play wing or center. If we go that way I’ll be good with it as he brings a different dimension.

But I think Eiserman has superstar potential. If he’s developed properly on the right team he could be an absolute monster. I’d love to have a couple of snipers on our team. We haven’t had that since Shutt/Lafleur.

If we’d drafted Bossy we’d have won multiple cups in the 80s. It was a huge mistake not taking him. I just don’t want to see that again.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Teams overlooked Bossy for the same reasons they’re overlooking Eiserman. It wouldn’t have made any difference if there were 32 teams. Montreal still would’ve drafted Napier over him. He had a more “complete” game. Bossy was deemed too ‘soft’ just as Eiserman is now.

We already saw the same thing with Caufield. 15th… so no it doesn’t make any difference at all.

One player shouldn’t sink you. You’re taking like CC would turn into a pumpkin and it’s not the case. Obviously we’re a very green team now and finished low even with Suzuki. But as the team gets older we’ll improve. A guy like Beck would move up and Dach would be our first line center. We’d get by until Nick returned.

He has amazing potential. He could be as good as Suzuki is. But… yeah, health is a concern. So what? Slaf could get hit by a bus. You cross that bridge when you need to.

That’s fine. I’d be okay with Lidstrom. He can play wing or center. If we go that way I’ll be good with it as he brings a different dimension.

But I think Eiserman has superstar potential. If he’s developed properly on the right team he could be an absolute monster. I’d love to have a couple of snipers on our team. We haven’t had that since Shutt/Lafleur.

If we’d drafted Bossy we’d have won multiple cups in the 80s. It was a huge mistake not taking him. I just don’t want to see that again.
I don't see Eiserman as superstar level, that's where our evaluation differs. If he had it in him, then I would have expected his game to progress a little more than it did this season. A lot of scouts have him lower, because he pretty much does the same as he was doing before, so it makes people doubt.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't see Eiserman as superstar level, that's where our evaluation differs. If he had it in him, then I would have expected his game to progress a little more than it did this season. A lot of scouts have him lower, because he pretty much does the same as he was doing before, so it makes people doubt.
And you could very well be right. There are holes in his game, just as there were holes in Bossy’s.

But his shot is incredible, just like Bossy’s was. There’s no doubting his shooting capability. He has decent size and he’s a good skater. The tools are there and he’s one of the youngest players in the draft - two weeks later and he’s have been eligible for next year.

It’s about potential. I think the potential is there. He doesn’t do what some other players can (he’ll never be a power forward) but the guy can score. And scoring is the most valuable skill a player can have.

Reactions: Habssince89

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
And you could very well be right. There are holes in his game, just as there were holes in Bossy’s.

But his shot is incredible, just like Bossy’s was. There’s no doubting his shooting capability. He has decent size and he’s a good skater. The tools are there and he’s one of the youngest players in the draft - two weeks later and he’s have been eligible for next year.

It’s about potential. I think the potential is there. He doesn’t do what some other players can (he’ll never be a power forward) but the guy can score. And scoring is the most valuable skill a player can have.
He doesn't use his size right now. Doesn't really play the boards that much and it's not a European ice rink. You look at TIj and he's always positioning his body to counter opponents. Same for Lindstrom. Is it a coaching issue with Eiserman? I have doubts here, they have good coaches in the NCAA.

If we pick Eiserman, he's gonna have to show us that he can still contribute, even with double coverage on his back all the time. It's just going to be harder to remodel his game than Tij's or Lindstrom, or even Helenius I'd say.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He doesn't use his size right now. Doesn't really play the boards that much and it's not a European ice rink. You look at TIj and he's always positioning his body to counter opponents. Same for Lindstrom. Is it a coaching issue with Eiserman? I have doubts here, they have good coaches in the NCAA.
Right, there are flaws in his game.

But you’re not drafting him for what he can do today, you’re drafting him for the player you think he can be.

Btw, I don’t think Mike Bossy threw a body check in his life. Eiserman’s a lot more physical than Bossy was.

Btw 2, Bossy was a lot tougher than he was given credit for. He didn’t hit guys but he took a beating in front of the net.
If we pick Eiserman, he's gonna have to show us that he can still contribute, even with double coverage on his back all the time. It's just going to harder to remodel his game than Tij's or Lindstrom, or even Helenius I'd say.
Fine, double cover him. Then we send out Caufield….

Last edited:
Reactions: Habssince89

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
would you trade winnipegs pick to jump colombus and draft demidov is hes available ? Would that be enough to jump a spot ?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Right, there are flaws in his game.

But you’re not drafting him for what he can do today, you’re drafting him for the player you think he can be.

Btw, I don’t think Mike Bossy threw a body check in his life. Eiserman’s a lot more physical than Bossy was.

Btw 2, Bossy was a lot tougher than he was given credit for. He didn’t hit guys but he took a beating in front of the net.

Fine, double cover him. Then we send out Caufield….
He also played with a horse named Clark Gillies who protected him and got him the puck ;)

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Guys, curious here, if the Jets lose in the 1st round their pick that we have will be at 19? 20?
Nope. The NHL changed it so that all teams that lose in the first 2 rounds are pooled together to rank as their regular season stated. I don't know why they did it or why they thought it was a good idea. So essentially there are only 4 teams that will jump in the final 4 spots. The rest is decided by reg season rankings.

Reactions: BLONG7

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nope. The NHL changed it so that all teams that lose in the first 2 rounds are pooled together to rank as their regular season stated. I don't know why they did it or why they thought it was a good idea. So essentially there are only 4 teams that will jump in the final 4 spots. The rest is decided by reg season rankings.
Daaaaag….

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
No it wasn’t about everyone. He named 3 guys in the Top 10 in rankings and thinks they have up to 100 point potential. It’s just not based on any reality. It rarely happens. If they truly had that potential, it would be an obvious 1-2-3 at the top of the draft, regardless of the amount of defencemen.
That's patently untrue. Potential doesn't mean they're guaranteed to do it, just like doing it doesn't mean people thought they had the potential. 3 players hit 100 points in the 2015 draft. 1 went 1st, 1 went 10th, 1 went 135th. Why, if they had that potential, weren't they 1-2-3?

2011 draft has had 5 players hit 100. They went 1, 3, 15, 58, 104. Shouldn't they have gone 1-2-3-4-5 ahead of any of the defensemen?

Plus, guys who have 100 point potential don't hit it for a variety of reasons all the time. Injuries, bad team situations, mishandled development. Marner and Eichel from 2015 certainly have 100 point potential (Marner was 1 point shy in 80 games), but neither have hit it yet.

He never said "these players are going to all hit 100 points", he said their UPSIDE production was 80-100 points (not sure why you misrepresented it as saying 100). Yeah, of extremely talented players like them have things go right in their development and with the team they're drafted to, they probably will hit between 80 and 100 points at some point between the ages of 22-28. Not all of them necessarily will, and some random 4th rounder probably will later on too.

Last edited:

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Rarely are 3+ players in the top 10 of any draft consistent 80-100 point players. Go ahead and take a look.
Again, never said anything about consistency, just upside production, but before 2019 (where players are basically just entering that 22-28 window), you have to go back to 2012 and 2008 before that to find a year where 3+ players in the top 10 didn't hit 80-100+ points

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
How high can be the WPG pick?

27-32

Win Cup, 32 (+we get a 2027 3rd)
SCF, 31
Go to WCF and one of NYR, DAL, CAR are not there, 30
Go to WCF and all of NYR, DAL, CAR are there, 29
Lose before WCF, 28
Lose before WCF and another one of NYR, DAL, CAR doesn't make the final 4, 27
Lose before WCF and another two of NYR, DAL, CAR doesn't make the final 4, 26
Lose before WCF and another none of NYR, DAL, CAR make the final 4, 25

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Bossy was drafted 16th overall. Scouts had the same concerns about him that scouts have today about Eiserman.

Eiserman is a bit similar to Bossy too. Not fancy, great shot, gets lost in the weeds.
Brett Hull was a 6th round pick who only scored goals

Very underrated skill especially if you can do it in the playoffs as well

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Laboeuf

Apr 14, 2013
27-32

Win Cup, 32 (+we get a 2027 3rd)
SCF, 31
Go to WCF and one of NYR, DAL, CAR are not there, 30
Go to WCF and all of NYR, DAL, CAR are there, 29
Lose before WCF, 28
Lose before WCF and another one of NYR, DAL, CAR doesn't make the final 4, 27

I thought we would get the 24th overall pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad