2024 NHL Draft Thread | No Picks, No Problems

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Lots of teams prioritizing size this draft.
Pretty much every draft recently it feels like. What’s happening right now is the skating for big guys has increased so much over the past half decade.

It’s made a pretty significant dent

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
??? Who is that again?

Simon Zether. Big Swedish right-handed centre. Great production in junior but played most of the season, used sparingly, in the SHL. Plays an NHL game. Profiles as a solid bottom-6 centre.

They took a big swing with Holmstrom so there's a chance they go for the safer player that fills another need.

Reactions: Nick Lang

Nopefully

Nov 11, 2023
Agree on the venue but it's a Draft how can it actually suck or not, it just is?
I don't know, I just didn't enjoy the commentary in any way. I suppose I'm comparing it to the TSN years, where Bob Mac and company did a great job. The draft was also too slow, it seemed that way anyway.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Flyers take Heikki Ruohonen with the Devils pick we acquired for Curtis Lazar last season which went to Calgary then to Philly. Another one to follow just because.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
I don't know, I just didn't enjoy the commentary in any way. I suppose I'm comparing it to the TSN years, where Bob Mac and company did a great job. The draft was also too slow, it seemed that way anyway.
It takes way too long. Didn't it end up being like four hours long? And they didn't even do the whole "congratulate the Stanley Cup winning team" thing this year.

May 31, 2006
Another of the Russian overage goalies off the board (Gamzin to NYI). Only one left is Gleb Saranchhuk.

After leveraging my impressive EliteProspects browsing skills, one NCAA double overager to keep an eye on is Isaac Gordon.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Is Tampa trying to rebuild

Doubtful ... they're just smart and realize you need to always be drafting players to play in the future, no matter where you are in your cycle ... there is always hockey to be played in the future. I think too many folks lose sight of that here making claims like why would they do that when this kid won't play for 3-5 years.

Patterson ... I called it ... told my dad this morning that would be my pick. Big Center, good size, hard worker, ppg.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00