NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
My top Targets for #39:

1. Adam Jecho, RW
2. Charlie Elick, RHD
3. Adam Kleber RHD
4. Julius Miettinen, C
5. Maxime Masse, RW
According to someone on this board (forget who sorry) we had an interview with Masse at the combine.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Pulkinnen is absolutely wild. If they had more picks id love if they took a swing on him. I like Elick if he falls to them at 39 id love it.

I really wanted Orielly didnt think he would make it to 39 but I was getting excited.
If Pulkinnen is there @ 39 I think he’s our pick as I assume Elick will go in the 1st couple picks.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I never realised Seidel was the Director of Player Personnel and Scouting for Barrie, so there's where the Beaudoin info and reason for him posting the Beaudoin draft slot on twitter came from

As far as reliable info regarding who likes who from the Colts and what those teams plan on doing, there isn't anyone more plugged in than the guy every team is going to be talking to about him all season long.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigRig4

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Staios himself said after Yakemchuk, there was a “big gap for the longest time” from the players we had on our list and they ended up going later.

They likely did have Beaudoin very high and maybe didn’t love the top end defencemen in this draft as much as most people did.

It’s interesting that Staois basically alludes to Yakemchuk being the last guy on our first tier then a huge drop off.

Tells us that we had Iginla and Sennecke ranked high just where they went .

Would be interesting to know how we had those two and Yakemchuk ranked amongst each other .

Reactions: Icelevel

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I also found it interesting in Boyd’s post draft video when he was asked about the D dropping and the F getting picked before the Sens. Boyd responded with “everyone is always looking for goal scorers”

It makes me wonder (and givens Boyd’s affinity for selecting forwards ) if we had gone with Sennecke or Iginla

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
I also found it interesting in Boyd’s post draft video when he was asked about the D dropping and the F getting picked before the Sens. Boyd responded with “everyone is always looking for goal scorers”

It makes me wonder (and givens Boyd’s affinity for selecting forwards ) if we had gone with Sennecke or Iginla
Not sure about Sennecke but I do think that they were taking Iginla at #7, if he was still there.

Reactions: BigRig4 and DJB

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Some names for the 2nd and some grades for the 1st

just some 411

I like Chernyshov, Miettenin, Brunicke, Pulkinnen, Stiga, Elick so we can basically cross them off lol

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No it wasn't it was a random nobodies tweet that they didn't do you guys are taking as fact. I know for a fact that wasn't considered for a second. They liked the player getting picked in the range he got picked in and likely would have been the pick had they kept the Boston pick. They also looked at trading up to pick him with the 2nd pick. Ya'll are just upset with the Yakemchuk pick and want to sound smart because you haven't liked him for a while.
That guy’s tweets are incredibly bang on. He definitely has sources.

They looked into trading up to 2 to pick yakemchuk?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He is the director of scouting and player personnel for the Barrie Colts, the team Beaudoin plays on. He has more sources in the NHL than you can shake a stick at.
I follow him. I like his opinions.. He has been plugged in for quite a while. I like seeing his rankings and he has a good track record of predicting the draft

R2010

May 23, 2011
It’s interesting that Staois basically alludes to Yakemchuk being the last guy on our first tier then a huge drop off.

Tells us that we had Iginla and Sennecke ranked high just where they went .

Would be interesting to know how we had those two and Yakemchuk ranked amongst each other .
That's how I took that as well. I would not be shocked if their top 5 was something like Celebrini, Levshunov, Iginla, Sennecke, Yakemchuk.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Buium having the Dobson slide is great for the Wild

Pretty similar drafts with a few similar events, how they end up who knows.

Consensous 1st in Dahlin and Celebrini
Riser taken "surprisingly" at 3rd in KK and Sennecke
Meat and potatos power forward taken 4th in Lindstrom and Tkachuk
Consensous top 3 pick high skilled forward falls a few spots in Demidov and Zadina
Teams passing on Bouchard and Dobson leaving them in the double digits for the slick offensive guy in Boqvist, this year is Parekh over Dickinson, Siliyev and Buium
Sens took the big, mean, meat and potatos with skill type player that many here aren't pleased with
Flyers "reach" 4/5 spots for a smaller tenacious forward in the early teens (13/14) in Farabee and Luchenko
Islanders take the goal scoring winger who doesn't offer much else

This is a great summary. Seeing Buium slide was very much like Bouchard and Dobson slide. Bob's list from that draft looked very good in hindsight on the D.

I do think at times Bob's list can overvalue certain things because guys will rate a guy highly even if they might not take the player themselves. Parekh as a great example. There are teams with him in the top 3-4 but if they're actually picking top 3-4 I wonder if their list is different...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad