GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
because its nonsense...he broke records, lets see what he does in college and then talk about failing to take the next step
He scored goals and didn’t do anything else when he first got to the program. That’s still who he was when he left.

No considerable improvement in two years is a major red flag for any prospect’s development curve. Not to mention it’s a hell of a lot more difficult to score in the nhl than it is at the program. Especially if you can’t do anything but score goals

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
If they were going to overdraft on size at 18 at least f***ing take Letourneau who has all of the upside in the world.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I would have went for it players with higher ceilings but I don’t feel like this draft was bad so far. Just very mediocre.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Two things are simultaneously true.

1) This seems like bad asset management to trade up to only select a guy that would’ve been available later.
2) We won’t know if this was a good pick for another 3-5 years.

Be annoyed at the former, getting angry at the later is inane.
Bad asset management regarding Lev as well if you ask me.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Eiserman also finished 2nd all time in points not just goals. Not sure what you watched but to claim he didn't improve is ridiculous. He isn't a grinder. Isn't a two way player. Most goal scorers aren't. They are polarizing. But when they hit they make every other gm who passed on them look like idiots.

Caufield is mainly a shooter. So is Matthews. What are you talking about? Lol..
I didn’t say Caufield and Matthews weren’t “mainly” shooters. I said they weren’t “only” shooters.

Caufield has a much better motor and much stronger overall offensive toolkit. Matthews is literally one of the most complete players in the league. Not even remotely the same

ello

Jun 12, 2018
An explanation that I think makes sense is the KD might rate Nazar and Moore as future top liners

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I didn’t say Caufield and Matthews weren’t “mainly” shooters. I said they weren’t “only” shooters.

Caufield has a much better motor and much stronger overall offensive toolkit. Matthews is literally one of the most complete players in the league. Not even remotely the same
Eiserman isn't only a shooter either. He has more assists than some of the players I listed above. Again, he can be polarizing, not going to argue that. He has to prove that he cares out there as most goal scorers generally come off that way. To say he didn't improve in any area is just wrong. He only got stronger in his second year. Started throwing the body around as well as getting more net presence. He can still do a lot more of that but he has a few years of.college to work on his game. His shot is elite. Absolutely elite. But not his only trait.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad