GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mister X

Sponsor
Dec 15, 2010
IL
Not really thrilled with our picks, but hopefully they both turn out to be important parts of the team in the coming years.

Hopefully we trade back into the first and use our collection of picks to add another high end guy to the prospect pool.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
we used to be the org that took advantage of the free squares when they happened...turbo, saad, debrincat etc
Saad was the Hawks 4th pick in 2011. Teravainen was a projected top-10 pick that fell to 18. DeBrincat was an actual smurf riding the coattails of better NHL prospects (McDavid, Strome).

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Big centre, power forward, can score and loves to scrap. What's not to like?
I think they left a couple of better players on the board (Actually maybe only 1 in Hage).

I think it’s hilarious that people hate this though. It’s exactly what a bunch of people here have been clamoring for

Reactions: Space umpire

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Saad was the Hawks 4th pick in 2011. Teravainen was a projected top-10 pick that fell to 18. DeBrincat was an actual smurf riding the coattails of better NHL prospects (McDavid, Strome).
Saad went into his draft year projected top 10 and fell because he was hurt but they assumed it was work ethic...Teravainen was 3rd on Bob's big board and fell to 18...Debrincat scored a gazillion goals and fell because he was small...take Eiserman and go to bed I mean wtf are we doing

Reactions: AmericanDream

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Love this pick a true C with a well rounded game. Long term #2 C. Setting up 3 solid C’s (with Greene) moving forward.
Many of you who were bitching about small and or low IQ players are now complaining about this pick.
The worst part is wanting Eiserman over him.the guy is lazy and slow. Plays disinterested unless you’re feeding him pucks.
I think BWC would have complained no matter who they picked.

Last edited:
Reactions: scorehawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad