GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
If they're drafting top 3 next year, and top 5 the year after(which are both pretty damn likely) then how not?
I think Top D can come from many more places than top forwards.

I'm also thinking that next year they're picking around 4-6 and the following year 7-12

Why not? Because they're not going to have a high enough pick again or because Demidov is a once-in-a-generation answer to the "who will play with Bedard" question?
I don't think they're picking top 3 again. Top 5, sure but not top 3.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Again, I like Lev and think he has a chance to be a #1. I just don't think that it's the right move for this group.

They couldn't score last year. Where is the scoring coming from?
Those tweets/thoughts are kind of dumb. Demidov might not be the best forward taken, where as Levshunov could be the best Dman. It works both ways. Lol

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Why not? Because they're not going to have a high enough pick again or because Demidov is a once-in-a-generation answer to the "who will play with Bedard" question?
I think it is mostly because we have no idea for sure where we will draft.

This season alone with a little more injury luck, they could have been drafting at 5th overall if the lottery balls don't go your way.

If the Hawks do improve and the wheels come off another team, we may be picking 5th (or later) next year which doesn't guarantee you a high-end player.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I think Top D can come from many more places than top forwards.

I'm also thinking that next year they're picking around 4-6 and the following year 7-12

based on what...as of right now the talent level is still trash...maybe one of the worst goalie tandems in the league, this team should be terrible again

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
If you get bored...

Here's a good one (RD #5):

Starting at the 9:49 minute mark of the 1st period to 9:40 then watch the replay. It's bad,

In the 2nd period at 14:20 Michigan scores. Less than stellar stick. Stick around for the replay and action at the 14:00 minute mark of the 2nd.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Denidiv" once in a grneration"...all thecexpertschacecsaidceven the BOA of this draft is Celebrini and he is NOT GENERATIONAlL...theyvsee his alk round impactbmore lijecToews...very goidvplayer but NOT "Generational" ..butvsone fans hyping Denidov as a blown chance forca Generational Player?

Fams know less than alk thecexperyscthen?
Come on..stop pistons nonsense.

• Wow
Reactions: dj Mahoney

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If the Hawks do improve and the wheels come off another team, we may be picking 5th (or later) next year which doesn't guarantee you a high-end player.

FYI, next years draft is much more stronger at forward than this one (and weak on defenseman compared to this one). Hawks can easily get a guy like McQueen for example in that 5-10 range.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
Denidiv" once in a grneration"...all thecexpertschacecsaidceven the BOA of this draft is Celebrini and he is NOT GENERATIONAlL...theyvsee his alk round impactbmore lijecToews...very goidvplayer but NOT "Generational" ..butvsone fans hyping Denidov as a blown chance forca Generational Player?

Fams know less than alk thecexperyscthen?
Come on..stop pistons nonsense.
love a good hawksfan50 post

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022

I look at the standings from last year and I don't see a lot of teams above CHI finishing lower than us. I expect us to be a bit better, even if that's just from being healthier. I expect San Jose, Anaheim and Montreal will all be better. Maybe Columbus takes a step back, especially if they trade Laine but they've got some young players that could take another step with Fantilli, Jiricek and Johnson.

I could easily see the standings next year being:

32. San Jose
31. Columbus
30. Chicago
29. Anaheim
28. Arizona

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I look at the standings from last year and I don't see a lot of teams above CHI finishing lower than us. I expect us to be a bit better, even if that's just from being healthier. I expect San Jose, Anaheim and Montreal will all be better. Maybe Columbus takes a step back, especially if they trade Laine but they've got some young players that could take another step with Fantilli, Jiricek and Johnson.

32. San Jose
31. Columbus
30. Chicago
29. Anaheim
28. Arizona

I don't think Calgary is going to be any good next year, especially if they keep selling off parts of their team this offseason. And you gotta get Arizona out of your head now (I know it'll take a while to say Utah. ;) )

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I don't think Calgary is going to be any good next year, especially if they keep selling off parts of their team this offseason. And you gotta get Arizona out of your head now (I know it'll take a while to say Utah. ;) )

God damn Utah hockey club lol.

Yeah Calgary might be worse. But they've got Wolf to mitigate Markstrom. Are they going to drop by 30 points? I don't see it.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com

32. San Jose
31. Columbus
30. Chicago
29. Anaheim
28. Arizona
To be honest with San Jose adding players like Celebrini/Smith/Musty/Walman/Thrun(+Addison and Eklund this year), and Columbus getting its shit together through Waddell and a non psychopath coach(amongst prospect development you mentioned & the fact Laine didn’t even play this year), there’s no way the Hawks tank job will be competed with

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Can’t see them being bottom 3 for the next few years….

If they ice a garbage roster again like they did last year… why would Bedard even want to stay with a team that’s not even trying to win? They have to get out of the basement sooner than later.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Not to mention fans aren't going to gleefully shell out $ to watch the crap and have organization laugh in their faces

Imagine being stupid enough to think your organization rebuilding properly is them "laughing in your face". Don't watch if you don't want to. Take a break for a couple years. Come back when you're ready.

Reactions: Pez68 and Idionym

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Can’t see them being bottom 3 for the next few years….

If they ice a garbage roster again like they did last year… why would Bedard even want to stay with a team that’s not even trying to win? They have to get out of the basement sooner than later.

God the "Bedard will demand a trade" line is so garbage. He's going to be just fine if the Hawks aren't competitive during his ELC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad