GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
My favorite thing about the draft is hearing some guys names for the first time and how bad I butchered the pronunciation all year in my head when reading the names.
Sennecke is Seneca… like the philosopher?!
Zeev Buy ‘em

Locking it in for posterity tonight.

Levshunov Hage/Cherny/Jet

Dream: Levshunov and a Forward faller in the 10 range.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Luchanko has been gaining steam in the 2nd half of the season and is coming off a strong U18s. Who would you rather have, exactly?

One of these 4 (If there is no major dropper in draft who falls to #18)

C Michael Hage
LW Igor Chernyshov
RW Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
RD Adam Jiricek

I was hopeful to find a way to trade back into 1st and grab another one of them at Kings/Leafs spots but that appears unlikely with Kings already trading down

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I provided a list of Lev's ranking to demonstrate he is all over the place in rankings. You gaslit by claiming the list proves otherwise.

Bro I quoted for you the original point you made that I contended. What are you even talking about?

C Michael Hage
LW Igor Chernyshov
RD Adam Jiricek

How are any of them notably better than Luchanko? I actually think he and Hage are pretty similar players. Hage is probably a bit more naturally skilled but Luchanko is more consistent/competitive.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

C Michael Hage
LW Igor Chernyshov
RD Adam Jiricek

I was hopeful to find a way to trade back into 1st and grab another one of them at Kings/Leafs spots but that appears unlikely with Kings already trading down
Luchanko has higher upside than MBN. What?

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Luchanko would be a very good pick at 18 imo. He gets compared a lot to Moore (a very good prospect by the way) but he is more cerebral and a much better playmaker.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I’d be very happy with one of Luchanko, MBN, or Hage at 18.

Luchanko gets the Moore comparisons (which aren’t awful) but i think he’s quite a bit more cerebral and the playmaking is much more refined

MBN isn’t that great of a creator, but you’d be taking him to be a “dirty work” guy. Very good shot too. Pair him with Bedard or Nazar and I think you’re looking at a high end forechecker scoring 25 goals a year.

Hage just has the highest offensive upside in that range. Absolutely love him. I think he’d be in conversations to go quite a bit higher had he not lost nearly all of last year due to injury and then struggled out of the gate this year after losing his dad

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Bro I quoted for you the original point you made that I contended. What are you even talking about?

That he's not a serious #2? There were like 4 out of 18 from that list that had him at 2. The rest had him as low as #11. The list supports my point.

Everyone who talks about Lev at #2 makes arguments about Hawks needing an RD or that the Hawks scouts like him. They rarely actually argue he's the BPA. That was my point.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
That he's not a serious #2? There were like 4 out of 18 from that list that had him at 2. The rest had him as low as #11. The list supports my point.

Everyone who talks about Lev at #2 makes arguments about Hawks needing an RD or that the Hawks scouts like him. They rarely actually argue he's the BPA. That was my point.

Bob's List, Pronman, Central Scouting, Wheeler and Peters all have Levshunov as the top D in the draft. Your original post, which was this:

"People are only talking about Levshunov being the 2nd pick because he's an RD and rumors swirled about Hawks scouts loving him."

Was my contention. There is no shortage of outlets that have Levshunov as the best D in the draft and your argument that they're not going with BPA if they go Lev is stupid because the only list that matters is there own.

Make yourself into a gaslit victim by all means though, if it makes you feel better.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
The question you should be asking is who's going to score for them in 2027. And that's going to be answered over the next couple years and drafts.
I don't think that they will have another opportunity to get a forward like Demidov. I think they will have another opportunity to get a RHD like Lev

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
If your goal is 2027 playoff team. A D taken this year an Korch will be fully cooked and ready to go. As will a 2025 forward.

If you took a forward this draft they’d be ready to go but a 2025 drafted defensemen probably not.

Reactions: Idionym

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I don't think that they will have another opportunity to get a forward like Demidov. I think they will have another opportunity to get a RHD like Lev

Why not? Because they're not going to have a high enough pick again or because Demidov is a once-in-a-generation answer to the "who will play with Bedard" question?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad