#91-#100 Timur Kol
I'm surprised Yegorov isn't higher.

Caser

RUSProspects @ gmail. com
May 21, 2013
Riga
twitter.com
I'm surprised Yegorov isn't higher.
As it was mentioned in Bob's article with goalies it can go pretty much in any way:

It was tough to get consensus on the goalies. A number of them could well be drafted in the second round, but the wide array of opinions on so many of them didn’t create much separation between them.
And practice shows that it is the way it is happening usually: it takes just some teams who have it in the plans for the second round.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
As it was mentioned in Bob's article with goalies it can go pretty much in any way:

And practice shows that it is the way it is happening usually: it takes just some teams who have it in the plans for the second round.
I tend to agree, but it’s always like this. It’s all relative. The highest goalie being ranked in the third round shows the scouts this year were not high on the goalies. The highest goalie most years would be at least a round higher, and I would’ve thought he’d be the consensus 1st goaltender by now and we’d have seen him rise a lot into a firm second round range. He also reportedly impressed at the combine with his measurements and his grasp of English.

Caser

May 21, 2013
Riga
twitter.com
I tend to agree, but it’s always like this. It’s all relative. The highest goalie being ranked in the third round shows the scouts this year were not high on the goalies. The highest goalie most years would be at least a round higher, and I would’ve thought he’d be the consensus 1st goaltender by now and we’d have seen him rise a lot into a firm second round range. He also reportedly impressed at the combine with his measurements and his grasp of English.
If we compare it to last season then the highest ranked goalie on the list was Michael Hrabal at #39, but after him it was more or less the same region with Bjarnason at #59 etc. I think Yegorov had a less impressive resume this season than Hrabal last year. But again, those are the goalies, so pretty much the only real thing we can take away from the Bob's list is that the GK list looks something like that:

1. Mikhail Yegorov
2. Carter George
3. Eemil Vinni
4. Evan Gardner
5. Ilya Nabokov
6-7. Nicholas Kempf
6-7. Kim Saarinen

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If we compare it to last season then the highest ranked goalie on the list was Michael Hrabal at #39, but after him it was more or less the same region with Bjarnason at #59 etc. I think Yegorov had a less impressive resume this season than Hrabal last year. But again, those are the goalies, so pretty much the only real thing we can take away from the Bob's list is that the GK list looks something like that:

1. Mikhail Yegorov
2. Carter George
3. Eemil Vinni
4. Evan Gardner
5. Ilya Nabokov
6-7. Nicholas Kempf
6-7. Kim Saarinen
I take your point. I agree that Hrabal had a better case for 39 than Yegorov. More of an international resume and better USHL numbers, although Yegorov just hasn't had the chance to play international games and the Omaha team Yegorov played for this year was worse than the Omaha team Hrabal played for last year.

I think instead of 39 or 69 that the proper compromise would've had Yegorov at around 49. Again, just my opinion. I understand why some would be hesitant to project him as an NHL goaltender.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Surprised Chernyshov got unselected in the first, but 4 Russians are there anyway. Btw, I think 11 Russian first rounders in 3 years is the best result for like the last 20 years or something.
Michkov and Demidov trying to come over early is nice for you guys as well , other teams might be less hesitant than before to go with RU players with high picks

Caser

May 21, 2013
Riga
twitter.com
Michkov and Demidov trying to come over early is nice for you guys as well , other teams might be less hesitant than before to go with RU players with high picks
I think it still depends a lot on if the organization has a Russian-based (or at least a Russian-visiting) scout or not, not on a particular player cases like Michkov or Demidov.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Caser

May 21, 2013
Riga
twitter.com
Surprised Chernyshov got unselected in the first, but 4 Russians are there anyway. Btw, I think 11 Russian first rounders in 3 years is the best result for like the last 20 years or something.
Just checked and it is the best result since 2000-2002 drafts, when no Russian factor existed not to mention that it was pretty much a different era at all.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, could've easily been 5, if not 6, Russians in the first round, if not for world events. Then there are also guys like Shuravin. They are doing something right over there with their hockey development.

Caser

May 21, 2013
Riga
twitter.com
So, could've easily been 5, if not 6, Russians in the first round, if not for world events. Then there are also guys like Shuravin. They are doing something right over there with their hockey development.
Surprisingly I'm hearing that Chernyshov's sunburn might have be a factor that caused managers to think he is immature (like that he prefers laying in the sun instead of preparing for the camp) lol. Artamonov didn't get his visa in time, so he isn't in Vegas at all, which probably was also a factor.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Surprisingly I'm hearing that Chernyshov's sunburn might have be a factor that caused managers to think he is immature (like that he prefers laying in the sun instead of preparing for the camp) lol. Artamonov didn't get his visa in time, so he isn't in Vegas at all, which probably was also a factor.
I am hoping that is your dry humour?

I was the guy who jokingly posted that he was a DND due to the sunburn. It can be a shock for northerners(like me) when they go into the southern sun unprepared. If you are of a certain complexion, you can get fried really quickly.

Caser

May 21, 2013
Riga
twitter.com
I am hoping that is your dry humour?

I was the guy who jokingly posted that he was a DND due to the sunburn. It can be a shock for northerners(like me) when they go into the southern sun unprepared. If you are of a certain complexion, you can get fried really quickly.
I'm also hoping lol. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad