GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Round 1-7 (Jun 28-29)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Will Ron trade for another 1st round pick?
giphy.webp

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I had him right around there, 11-13.

Crazy fast center that can make plays at speed and forechecks like a beast.

I didn't really look at anything past the top 10 players or the once consistantly mentioned for it.

Man, if we would only have more than one first round pick at some point in time....would make the first round way more intersting :laugh:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
My mind and body were ready for Zeev at #8, but Catton ain't a bad pick at all in my mind.

And then, unbelievably, Buium was there for Philly's pick too...and they traded it away.
I may just be done with that f***ing team until Clarke and all the other "BSBs" are fired into the god damn sun. Staggering f***ing idiots.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
And then, unbelievably, Buium was there for Philly's pick too...and they traded it away.
I may just be done with that f***ing team until Clarke and all the other "BSBs" are fired into the god damn sun. Staggering f***ing idiots.

The Flyers have drafted sub 6'0 forwards in the first round in each of the last two years. There's no reason to think that the old boys are still doing the drafting. They've had a lot of small skill guys like Frost, Konecny, etc... going back a ways it was Claude Giroux who is another guy below six footer. Small D like York too.

The idea that the Flyers are strongly skewed towards big bruisers is very, very out of date.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Surin for Nashville. The Predators always make interesting choices with late first-round early second-round draft picks.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Toronto gets booed on general principles. Looks like a trade coming.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Ducks move up to take Solberg. Great, great move by the Ducks. And now we have two Norwegians taken in the first round for the first time in history.

Reactions: majormajor

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Great choice for Boston. If Letourneau delivers, this could be a mammoth pick (literally and figuratively).

Last edited:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
The Flyers have drafted sub 6'0 forwards in the first round in each of the last two years. There's no reason to think that the old boys are still doing the drafting. They've had a lot of small skill guys like Frost, Konecny, etc... going back a ways it was Claude Giroux who is another guy below six footer. Small D like York too.

The idea that the Flyers are strongly skewed towards big bruisers is very, very out of date.

It's not that they're still obsessed with BIG GOOD, it's that their tendency has been to aim squarely at high effort / lower skill players that "play the game right" and never swing for the fence. Giroux was drafted in 2006, when they still made good choices occasionally. We already have Scott Laughton and they failed to trade him when they could've gotten a decent return. And now they've drafted another one of those.

Poor trade ideas that result in a buyout every other year. Never commit to a rebuild. The FO is full of old thinking and that certainly includes Torts (who barely plays Frost, btw.)
Add horrible luck on top of that (Nolan Patrick, Ryan Ellis) and it's small wonder they haven't done squat since 2010.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Ducks move up to take Solberg. Great, great move by the Ducks. And now we have two Norwegians taken in the first round for the first time in history.

Solberg is a guy you don't want in your division. Some Kraken players are going to get hurt.

It's not that they're still obsessed with BIG GOOD, it's that their tendency has been to aim squarely at high effort / lower skill players that "play the game right" and never swing for the fence. Giroux was drafted in 2006, when they still made good choices occasionally. We already have Scott Laughton and they failed to trade him when they could've gotten a decent return. And now they've drafted another one of those.

Poor trade ideas that result in a buyout every other year. Never commit to a rebuild. The FO is full of old thinking and that certainly includes Torts (who barely plays Frost, btw.)
Add horrible luck on top of that (Nolan Patrick, Ryan Ellis) and it's small wonder they haven't done squat since 2010.

I think the emphasis on competitiveness is smart, those are guys that often find a way to improve. I like the Luchanko pick a lot more than our Eduard Sale pick, who looks like he's not interested in hockey.

And Luchanko is not just a hard worker. He's crazy fast and can make highlight reel passes at full speed. You're going to love him.

Reactions: sigma six

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Solberg is a guy you don't want in your division. Some Kraken players are going to get hurt.

I think the emphasis on competitiveness is smart, those are guys that often find a way to improve. I like the Luchanko pick a lot more than our Eduard Sale pick, who looks like he's not interested in hockey.

And Luchanko is not just a hard worker. He's crazy fast and can make highlight reel passes at full speed. You're going to love him.

Man, I sure hope so. Nothing against Luchanko really, it just felt like the more obvious game changer was right there for the taking. So many years of being mediocre have sapped Hf flyers of positivity.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Emery thanks the chorus girl for taking his coat. Not many have done that....and then Danford immediately does.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad