2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It all depends on his medical records. Before the season he was looked at as a top 10 pick, thought to be on par with the other too D
I think he could be in the mix for me at 14.

2342342453.png

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I was at the Hlinka camp this past week and a scout, referencing a player on the ice, looked and me and said “Now there’s a kid who’s playing like someone’s holding a family member hostage.” I laugh because the player was out there playing like it was game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals every shift. When you watch Michael Bransegg-Nygard you’re guaranteed to leave the game/viewing with the thought of “my goodness does this kid have a motor.”

:thumbu:

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Seeing the Hage talk is interesting, I was just thinking he's an Adams style prospect. Frankly any time you can get the Steel's best player it's worth considering.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
That is probably why I said it because I listened to it this morning.
I just listened last night. It was a good one, though he does seem to like every prospect lol.

Hage would be a nice longer term piece to let develop at Michigan and Roch, then slide into 3C on an ELC when hopefully our roster is successful and expensive. Rangy, skilled, two-way C with some developing grit. He seems like the most likely "how did he drop that far" guy this time next year.

Reactions: Jim Bob

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Assuming we keep these picks, here's what I'd be happy with in the draft, going with likely-to-be-available at each spot

14. B Nygard
42. Gridin
43. Freij
76. Nabokov

I like him too but I think he goes in the 2nd.

Hard to get excited about much of what’s depicted there. Trade the pick and some other stuff for Ehlers/McGroarty.

Ehlers/McGroarty are great targets, but you're really underselling the middle of this draft. There's impact players.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Brandsegg-Nygard, Helenius, Jiricek, Yakemchuk, Catton, Greentree, are all guys in this area that are quality. I really like Nygard, Catton, and then Helenius in that order at 14, I wouldn't be mad with either of the RHD options or Greentree at 14 as well.

Reactions: Krieger Bot

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I just listened last night. It was a good one, though he does seem to like every prospect lol.

Hage would be a nice longer term piece to let develop at Michigan and Roch, then slide into 3C on an ELC when hopefully our roster is successful and expensive. Rangy, skilled, two-way C with some developing grit. He seems like the most likely "how did he drop that far" guy this time next year.
With Bakes, it's all about who he doesn't talk about. If he doesn't like a guy, he tends to not talk about him rather than drag him.

Reactions: Jacob582 and HOOats

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Saw Hage twice this year. A lot of tools. Always seemed to be in the play. But after both viewings I couldn't shake the thought I was watching a young Drew Stafford. More from style and appearance. Not that that is necessarily bad, just an observation.

He's starting a band with Devon Levi?

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Button thinks San Jose will take Yekemchuck if he is there at 11.

For Sabres at 14 if they keep it they will go forward, he likes Luchanko, Hage, MBN (he used Hyman for comparison) for the Sabres. Also mentioned Sennecke but admitted he will likely not be there.

Reactions: Jacob582
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad