2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Silayev will not go that high...he's going to be one of the big droppers, based on what almost everyone who watches him has been saying this season -- he hasn't improved at all, and all he really brings is size with not much else. He's not even close to Simashev.

Buium and Parkek cold also easily go above Dickenson. So could Greentree or Eiserman.

After a top 4 of Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, and Levshunov, these players are all basically the same tier so mocking them is kind of pointless without inside info on who the teams have been drooling over.
Silayev was #2 in Bob McKenzie's mid-season rankings. It will be interesting to see what happens to him in Bob's final rankings.

There are a decent range of opinions on him at this point:

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Silayev was #2 in Bob McKenzie's mid-season rankings. It will be interesting to see what happens to him in Bob's final rankings.

I think it'll be similar to Simashev.

Silayev will not go that high...he's going to be one of the big droppers, based on what almost everyone who watches him has been saying this season -- he hasn't improved at all, and all he really brings is size with not much else. He's not even close to Simashev.

Buium and Parkek cold also easily go above Dickenson. So could Greentree or Eiserman.

After a top 4 of Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, and Levshunov, these players are all basically the same tier so mocking them is kind of pointless without inside info on who the teams have been drooling over.
Thanks professor. A meteor could also hit us before the draft and render it all meaningless. We're months before the draft. The speculation isn't meant to be meaningful, just fun.

This was a 'suppose these players were taken, who would you take of what's left?'

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Eiserman would be extremely hard to pass on. Unbelievable shooter, great size even if not super tall. Very late birthday, if he was born two weeks later he wouldn't be eligible.

That fits 2 out of 3 things KA really targets:
1. Shooting
2. Late birthday
3. Showing improvement through year

He's a top prospect almost entirely on his shot, and ability to find a place to get it off. Those are hard skills to teach. If he learns how to skate, engage, pass, or backcheck the sky is the limit.

Buffalo's going to have a chance to land a great player, but there will be misses around where they pick, let's hope they get lucky.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

These are mostly very outdated.

I think it'll be similar to Simashev.

Thanks professor. A meteor could also hit us before the draft and render it all meaningless. We're months before the draft. The speculation isn't meant to be meaningful, just fun.

This was a 'suppose these players were taken, who would you take of what's left?'
I've already stated previously in the thread who I'd take. Greentree in this unlikely scenario that you've painted.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Eiserman would be extremely hard to pass on. Unbelievable shooter, great size even if not super tall. Very late birthday, if he was born two weeks later he wouldn't be eligible.

That fits 2 out of 3 things KA really targets:
1. Shooting
2. Late birthday
3. Showing improvement through year

He's a top prospect almost entirely on his shot, and ability to find a place to get it off. Those are hard skills to teach. If he learns how to skate, engage, pass, or backcheck the sky is the limit.

Buffalo's going to have a chance to land a great player, but there will be misses around where they pick, let's hope they get lucky.
A few things, he doesn't have great size, he's average at 6' but on the stocky side. He didn't have a great year, he scored at his usual pace but hasn't really shown much growth in other areas.

I don't dislike him as I think he's a quality prospect that will have a long career, but I would absolutely hate if Buffalo picked him. Simple reason is he's more of the same, just a better shooting Kulich with less interest in the d zone

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
A few things, he doesn't have great size, he's average at 6' but on the stocky side. He didn't have a great year, he scored at his usual pace but hasn't really shown much growth in other areas.

I don't dislike him as I think he's a quality prospect that will have a long career, but I would absolutely hate if Buffalo picked him. Simple reason is he's more of the same, just a better shooting Kulich with less interest in the d zone

At his age 190+ is big, by size that's what I meant. If he puts in the effort to learn almost anything else he'll be a star.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
At his age 190+ is big, by size that's what I meant. If he puts in the effort to learn almost anything else he'll be a star.
190+ still isn't big, especially for the kids coming out of the NTDP. He's had time to learn other things, to improve on other aspects of his game but he prefers being a one trick pony. His cavalier attitude towards defense is why he wasn't even considered for the WJC, it'll be interesting watching his deployment at the U18 if they start sheltering him near the end of close games

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I think that’s one of the reasons why he’s falling, people don’t know if he’s willing to do anything other than be a shooter. What they can see on the ice is that no he’s not, and there are questions about how he plays because of it. Is he going to "Brendl" or is there more there? I suppose his interviews, as well as the off-ice interviews and questions to coaches and teammates are important in finding those things out. At the moment, he seems scarier than a lot of guys in that range.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I think that’s one of the reasons why he’s falling, people don’t know if he’s willing to do anything other than be a shooter. What they can see on the ice is that no he’s not, and there are questions about how he plays because of it. Is he going to "Brendl" or is there more there? I suppose his interviews, as well as the off-ice interviews and questions to coaches and teammates are important in finding those things out. At the moment, he seems scarier than a lot of guys in that range.

Scary.... to goalies!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
With other commitments, I have shifted some of my viewing this year. I don't have as many views on the NTDP and wonder what someone like Van Vliet in round three would be there? He's going to Michigan State next year which is a rising program. Good size, versatility, seems competitive.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Joking aside I think he's a KA style pick for the reasons above. Late birthday and a great shooter. My dream is still Catton / Helenius falling because they're not 6'

If they could get Catton, I'd be thinking about how much training I would have to do to be able to do a naked handstand in the street. Thinking about it. I love that kid's game in a way like how I loved Benson last year.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
If they could get Catton, I'd be thinking about how much training I would have to do to be able to do a naked handstand in the street. Thinking about it. I love that kid's game in a way like how I loved Benson last year.
5f2gm7.jpg

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
I wonder if that's a scouting thing or an analytics thing or does he have some fear of them walking? For an organization with a bunch of folks who worked there (or even now, work there) it's odd.
Yep he'll trade for them but won't draft them, even when seemingly perfect fits were sitting there for him. Specifically talking about mid round RHD the last couple drafts

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I feel like this year they need something different. I wish this draft had a Tom Wilson (Lindstrom, but he's gone before us)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I feel like this year they need something different. I wish this draft had a Tom Wilson (Lindstrom, but he's gone before us)

Brandsegg-Nygard is not Wilson but he's certainly a guy I like as a physically ready mid-line guy. It ain't sexy, but he's a pro-style winger who isn't a shrimp. I worry about Lindstrom's back - he missed months and it was still an issue where he missed time in the MH playoff loss. Maybe it's something he can overcome, maybe it's nothing... but it would set off my natural pessimism and sense of concern. If they hang around 12-ish and there are no surprise fallers, I could see if being what pro-sized winger do they take (Greentree, Brandsegg-Nygard, I think Ignila rises above that so not him).

And I've warmed a bit on Yakemchuk if he's there with the other talented D potentially going ahead of him. It's the applied size that's got me interested. I still see a player who is going to make some dumb plays, but he's also likely going to shift games with his physical tools. In the low teens, that's an interesting pick.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Some people don't think he's in the same tier as the usual top 10 suspects but I think Brandsegg-Nygard absolutely is worth a pick at 9. It's the type of pick that Yzerman would usually make one spot ahead of us imo.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Brandsegg-Nygard is not Wilson but he's certainly a guy I like as a physically ready mid-line guy. It ain't sexy, but he's a pro-style winger who isn't a shrimp. I worry about Lindstrom's back - he missed months and it was still an issue where he missed time in the MH playoff loss. Maybe it's something he can overcome, maybe it's nothing... but it would set off my natural pessimism and sense of concern. If they hang around 12-ish and there are no surprise fallers, I could see if being what pro-sized winger do they take (Greentree, Brandsegg-Nygard, I think Ignila rises above that so not him).

And I've warmed a bit on Yakemchuk if he's there with the other talented D potentially going ahead of him. It's the applied size that's got me interested. I still see a player who is going to make some dumb plays, but he's also likely going to shift games with his physical tools. In the low teens, that's an interesting pick.
I think if he cleans up his game he would be a great fit with either power or Byram great shot good skating and super nasty we already have high skilled prospects and roster players so yammy could look great in 3 years time

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Some people don't think he's in the same tier as the usual top 10 suspects but I think Brandsegg-Nygard absolutely is worth a pick at 9. It's the type of pick that Yzerman would usually make one spot ahead of us imo.

He has all the hallmarks of a big player who doesn't amount to much:

"High floor, responsible, defensively sound, well-rounded"

(produces very little in a second tier league, is 6'2", early birthday)

If he does all these things well why doesn't he produce more? Mora was a good team they're in the semis although trailing.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He has all the hallmarks of a big player who doesn't amount to much:

"High floor, responsible, defensively sound, well-rounded"

(produces very little in a second tier league, is 6'2", early birthday)

If he does all these things well why doesn't he produce more? Mora was a good team they're in the semis although trailing.
A lot of people disagree with you. People say this about the prospects that Yzerman drafts every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad